Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by mafra View Post
    If we get top pick, they trade that for AD... then sign Kyrie and KD and suddenly we like Heat with LeBron, Wade and Bosh
    AD is not coming here, it's Lakers or Boston

Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Broadway View Post
    We still have Knits
    I think Knits is going to be odd man out. Iím glad CLEE and his knappy hair is gone. you are glad Timjr is gone ďzero sum playerĒ and Kiyaman will be glad KP is gone. Freed up plenty of cap space for sounds like 2 MAX free agents and we still have our #1 pick. I love it.

We have options... so many options now... but, seriously, if you were Demps... what is best backage?

Ingram, Ball, Zucic, and a first
    Tatum, Heyward, 4 picks
    Knox, Knits, Zion and another 1st

Our packages will be comparable... itís up to Demps and what he likes.

To me, have another couple years of control is crucial. Theyíve already lost paul and AD... why would Tatum or Ball stay there.

And, with AD... we have room for 2 max contracts...

Either way, Iím still stoked. 2 firsts this year and dSJ and no more baby KP.

Veteran

I will settle for KD

Knicks called NO and they didnít want KP...

The Mavs are working to acquire a first-round pick to include in the deal, sources told ESPN's Tim MacMahon. They owe their own protected first-rounder to the Atlanta Hawks as part of the draft-night trade to acquire Luka Doncic.

Veteran

We have options... so many options now... but, seriously, if you were Demps... what is best backage?

Ingram, Ball, Zucic, and a first
    Tatum, Heyward, 4 picks
    Knox, Knits, Zion and another 1st

Our packages will be comparable... itís up to Demps and what he likes.

To me, have another couple years of control is crucial. Theyíve already lost paul and AD... why would Tatum or Ball stay there.

And, with AD... we have room for 2 max contracts...

Either way, Iím still stoked. 2 firsts this year and dSJ and no more baby KP.

We're not getting him

I like AD, but if we can get Zion, I hope we keep him. As great as AD is, he hasn't shown me enough that he's worth trading those kind of assets. Of course he hasn't had enough help most of his time in New Orleans, but I don't know if he's still THAT guy. Sure, he might be able to attract other free agents (Cousins is his friend), but that's a what if, and it seems like the Lakers is where he wants to go. And maybe Cousins would join him there. Davis also has had a lot of injuries.

I don't follow Zion, but this guy seems like he could be a nightmare for opposing teams. What if he impacts the game like Steph Curry? Imagine that guy coming out you down the court.

I'm down for keeping our lottery picks, young players, and making a splash in free agency if we can.

Sig made by Sons of Thunder

BOS and LAK ****ting bc if Ny gets number 1 pick... they are screwed. Ergo, the ďleakĒ
    From lJís HS buddy.

I doubt he leaves NY if we trade for him and sign his buddy Kyrie and then also get KD.

It probably wonít... if not, letís help foster deal and get a pick and Ball here.

We have young assets, cap space, and picks... life is good for NY no matter what happens.

Quote Originally Posted by RunningJumper View Post
    I like AD, but if we can get Zion, I hope we keep him. As great as AD is, he hasn't shown me enough that he's worth trading those kind of assets. Of course he hasn't had enough help most of his time in New Orleans, but I don't know if he's still THAT guy. Sure, he might be able to attract other free agents (Cousins is his friend), but that's a what if, and it seems like the Lakers is where he wants to go. And maybe Cousins would join him there. Davis also has had a lot of injuries.

I don't follow Zion, but this guy seems like he could be a nightmare for opposing teams. What if he impacts the game like Steph Curry? Imagine that guy coming out you down the court.

I'm down for keeping our lottery picks, young players, and making a splash in free agency if we can.
    Exactly. We have options!

Fizdale pissed off Gasol, couldnít reach KP, is battling with Kanter, canít develop Knits. No more Eruos for Fiz.

BOS and LAK ****ting bc if Ny gets number 1 pick... they are screwed. Ergo, the “leak”
    From lJ’s HS buddy.

I doubt he leaves NY if we trade for him and sign his buddy Kyrie and then also get KD.

It probably won’t... if not, let’s help foster deal and get a pick and Ball here.

We have young assets, cap space, and picks... life is good for NY no matter what happens.
    Kyrie has injury concens, KD might be fine with leaving Golden State, but maybe he wants to at least know he'll be joining a team he can be having fun on. He had success with the Thunder, but he left to join a great basketball oriented team he fit like a glove on. He wouldn't know what he'd be getting into on the Knicks because they're going through a major overhaul. The Nets have shown a lot more and have a lot of young players.

How much is DeAndre Jordan making? I like him.

I hear you... these modern players donít want to be alone or paired with just 1 max guy....

Now that Knicks can slip in 2 max guys and trade for something, or keep their young assets and draft picks... well, this makes NY a viable option now.

These players talk... ala KD to GSW and MIA trio. If they are interested it can now happen.

We shall see... I think NY is in a perfect spot now. May mean nothing.... may mean everything.

Jordan making 22 mil and is a free agent after season.

I hear you... these modern players don’t want to be alone or paired with just 1 max guy....

Now that Knicks can slip in 2 max guys and trade for something, or keep their young assets and draft picks... well, this makes NY a viable option now.

These players talk... ala KD to GSW and MIA trio. If they are interested it can now happen.

We shall see... I think NY is in a perfect spot now. May mean nothing.... may mean everything.

Jordan making 22 mil and is a free agent after season.
    The best max free agents as of now would be Kawhi, KD, and Klay. All have shown they could be healthy (Toronto has been resting Kawhi to show they're all in for him, not because he's been hurt). I would love the best ball handler in the league, Kyrie, who is a great three point shooter (don't know his percentage this season is though) and is great at finishing near the rim, but I don't know if he's worth all that money because of his past injuries and I don't if he's that great of a player yet. Health should be a BIG factor in signing a max contract player. Now that the Knicks have Dennis Smith, Jr., it might not be a wise move to sign Kyrie either. Rose would be better if they were going after a veteran PG (a lot less money, efficient, good locker room guy, and also he might want to come off the bench).

Would we prefer Harris and Rozier over Kyrie or KD?

Kawhi is my first target... after that, Klay and KD... then Harris and Rozier... then Kyrie.

Who knows... we are going to chase 2 max guys... if not now when?

Kyrie seems to be the 1 guy who wants NY the most. I think BOS prefer to spend on Rozier instead of going max with Irving. KD is the next rumored interested party. So, it may boil down to who wants us. Kemba?

Anyway... Kudos to Perry. He proved he could do it and he did it.

He corrected Philís mistakes, and got Mudiay and DSJ. Now, can he sign the big fish?

Knicks have almost 70 mil in cap space, with 5 studs available. We are players.

Now, we need lottery magic!!!

KP a malcontent. Some of you here sniffed it out early and proved to be right. Not only was he a negative Nancy, but word is he was tellingfree agents to stay away from Knicks. He had to be moved. And, given contract and injury... I think we got a great deal (if we get a draft pick).

Would we prefer Harris and Rozier over Kyrie or KD?

Kawhi is my first target... after that, Klay and KD... then Harris and Rozier... then Kyrie.

Who knows... we are going to chase 2 max guys... if not now when?

Kyrie seems to be the 1 guy who wants NY the most. I think BOS prefer to spend on Rozier instead of going max with Irving. KD is the next rumored interested party. So, it may boil down to who wants us. Kemba?

Anyway... Kudos to Perry. He proved he could do it and he did it.

He corrected Phil’s mistakes, and got Mudiay and DSJ. Now, can he sign the big fish?

Knicks have almost 70 mil in cap space, with 5 studs available. We are players.

Now, we need lottery magic!!!

KP a malcontent. Some of you here sniffed it out early and proved to be right. Not only was he a negative Nancy, but word is he was tellingfree agents to stay away from Knicks. He had to be moved. And, given contract and injury... I think we got a great deal (if we get a draft pick).
    I haven't been following Harris, but I heard he's having a great year (and has had a solid NBA career so far) and Rozier has shown a lot of potential, but I rather give Dennis Smith, Jr. a shot first as the starting PG. We also have to factor in the other young players we have into the equation. I don't know if certain free agents would effect they're growth and if it'd benefit the Knicks long term (most or all might be great for them, but it'd have to be looked into). I like Trier a lot and Knox shows potential. If the Knicks don't get a max free agent, they could still benefit from veteran leadership. Could DeAndre Jordan be that guy?

KP hasn't accomplished much in his young career. He has a lot of time to mature as a person, but he might have not been worth it for the Knicks. I hope he does great in Dallas with Luka and however long Dirk keeps playing.