Porzingis wants to be traded

Broadway

All Star
We have options... so many options now... but, seriously, if you were Demps... what is best backage?

Ingram, Ball, Zucic, and a first
Tatum, Heyward, 4 picks
Knox, Knits, Zion and another 1st

Our packages will be comparable... it?s up to Demps and what he likes.

To me, have another couple years of control is crucial. They?ve already lost paul and AD... why would Tatum or Ball stay there.

And, with AD... we have room for 2 max contracts...

Either way, I?m still stoked. 2 firsts this year and dSJ and no more baby KP.

We're not getting him

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
I like AD, but if we can get Zion, I hope we keep him. As great as AD is, he hasn't shown me enough that he's worth trading those kind of assets. Of course he hasn't had enough help most of his time in New Orleans, but I don't know if he's still THAT guy. Sure, he might be able to attract other free agents (Cousins is his friend), but that's a what if, and it seems like the Lakers is where he wants to go. And maybe Cousins would join him there. Davis also has had a lot of injuries.

I don't follow Zion, but this guy seems like he could be a nightmare for opposing teams. What if he impacts the game like Steph Curry? Imagine that guy coming out you down the court.

I'm down for keeping our lottery picks, young players, and making a splash in free agency if we can.

mafra

Legend
BOS and LAK ****ting bc if Ny gets number 1 pick... they are screwed. Ergo, the ?leak?
From lJ?s HS buddy.

I doubt he leaves NY if we trade for him and sign his buddy Kyrie and then also get KD.

It probably won?t... if not, let?s help foster deal and get a pick and Ball here.

We have young assets, cap space, and picks... life is good for NY no matter what happens.

mafra

Legend
I like AD, but if we can get Zion, I hope we keep him. As great as AD is, he hasn't shown me enough that he's worth trading those kind of assets. Of course he hasn't had enough help most of his time in New Orleans, but I don't know if he's still THAT guy. Sure, he might be able to attract other free agents (Cousins is his friend), but that's a what if, and it seems like the Lakers is where he wants to go. And maybe Cousins would join him there. Davis also has had a lot of injuries.

I don't follow Zion, but this guy seems like he could be a nightmare for opposing teams. What if he impacts the game like Steph Curry? Imagine that guy coming out you down the court.

I'm down for keeping our lottery picks, young players, and making a splash in free agency if we can.

Exactly. We have options!

mafra

Legend
Fizdale pissed off Gasol, couldn?t reach KP, is battling with Kanter, can?t develop Knits. No more Eruos for Fiz.

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
BOS and LAK ****ting bc if Ny gets number 1 pick... they are screwed. Ergo, the “leak”
From lJ’s HS buddy.

I doubt he leaves NY if we trade for him and sign his buddy Kyrie and then also get KD.

It probably won’t... if not, let’s help foster deal and get a pick and Ball here.

We have young assets, cap space, and picks... life is good for NY no matter what happens.
Kyrie has injury concens, KD might be fine with leaving Golden State, but maybe he wants to at least know he'll be joining a team he can be having fun on. He had success with the Thunder, but he left to join a great basketball oriented team he fit like a glove on. He wouldn't know what he'd be getting into on the Knicks because they're going through a major overhaul. The Nets have shown a lot more and have a lot of young players.

How much is DeAndre Jordan making? I like him.

mafra

Legend
I hear you... these modern players don?t want to be alone or paired with just 1 max guy....

Now that Knicks can slip in 2 max guys and trade for something, or keep their young assets and draft picks... well, this makes NY a viable option now.

These players talk... ala KD to GSW and MIA trio. If they are interested it can now happen.

We shall see... I think NY is in a perfect spot now. May mean nothing.... may mean everything.

Jordan making 22 mil and is a free agent after season.

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
I hear you... these modern players don’t want to be alone or paired with just 1 max guy....

Now that Knicks can slip in 2 max guys and trade for something, or keep their young assets and draft picks... well, this makes NY a viable option now.

These players talk... ala KD to GSW and MIA trio. If they are interested it can now happen.

We shall see... I think NY is in a perfect spot now. May mean nothing.... may mean everything.

Jordan making 22 mil and is a free agent after season.
The best max free agents as of now would be Kawhi, KD, and Klay. All have shown they could be healthy (Toronto has been resting Kawhi to show they're all in for him, not because he's been hurt). I would love the best ball handler in the league, Kyrie, who is a great three point shooter (don't know his percentage this season is though) and is great at finishing near the rim, but I don't know if he's worth all that money because of his past injuries and I don't if he's that great of a player yet. Health should be a BIG factor in signing a max contract player. Now that the Knicks have Dennis Smith, Jr., it might not be a wise move to sign Kyrie either. Rose would be better if they were going after a veteran PG (a lot less money, efficient, good locker room guy, and also he might want to come off the bench).

mafra

Legend
Would we prefer Harris and Rozier over Kyrie or KD?

Kawhi is my first target... after that, Klay and KD... then Harris and Rozier... then Kyrie.

Who knows... we are going to chase 2 max guys... if not now when?

Kyrie seems to be the 1 guy who wants NY the most. I think BOS prefer to spend on Rozier instead of going max with Irving. KD is the next rumored interested party. So, it may boil down to who wants us. Kemba?

Anyway... Kudos to Perry. He proved he could do it and he did it.

He corrected Phil?s mistakes, and got Mudiay and DSJ. Now, can he sign the big fish?

Knicks have almost 70 mil in cap space, with 5 studs available. We are players.

Now, we need lottery magic!!!

KP a malcontent. Some of you here sniffed it out early and proved to be right. Not only was he a negative Nancy, but word is he was tellingfree agents to stay away from Knicks. He had to be moved. And, given contract and injury... I think we got a great deal (if we get a draft pick).

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
Would we prefer Harris and Rozier over Kyrie or KD?

Kawhi is my first target... after that, Klay and KD... then Harris and Rozier... then Kyrie.

Who knows... we are going to chase 2 max guys... if not now when?

Kyrie seems to be the 1 guy who wants NY the most. I think BOS prefer to spend on Rozier instead of going max with Irving. KD is the next rumored interested party. So, it may boil down to who wants us. Kemba?

Anyway... Kudos to Perry. He proved he could do it and he did it.

He corrected Phil’s mistakes, and got Mudiay and DSJ. Now, can he sign the big fish?

Knicks have almost 70 mil in cap space, with 5 studs available. We are players.

Now, we need lottery magic!!!

KP a malcontent. Some of you here sniffed it out early and proved to be right. Not only was he a negative Nancy, but word is he was tellingfree agents to stay away from Knicks. He had to be moved. And, given contract and injury... I think we got a great deal (if we get a draft pick).
I haven't been following Harris, but I heard he's having a great year (and has had a solid NBA career so far) and Rozier has shown a lot of potential, but I rather give Dennis Smith, Jr. a shot first as the starting PG. We also have to factor in the other young players we have into the equation. I don't know if certain free agents would effect they're growth and if it'd benefit the Knicks long term (most or all might be great for them, but it'd have to be looked into). I like Trier a lot and Knox shows potential. If the Knicks don't get a max free agent, they could still benefit from veteran leadership. Could DeAndre Jordan be that guy?

KP hasn't accomplished much in his young career. He has a lot of time to mature as a person, but he might have not been worth it for the Knicks. I hope he does great in Dallas with Luka and however long Dirk keeps playing.

I take back every negative thing that I said about our front office. They nailed this deal. Now we can finally rebuild the right way.

tiger0330

Legend
A massive salary clearing move for the Knicks with the Knicks now having 71M in cap space this summer. Mavs owe ATL their first this year for Doncic and you can't trade your 1st 2 yrs in a row so we get their 2021 first at the earliest and another unspecified one that will either be 2023 or one they acquire through trade. We didn't make this trade for draft picks. As far as players, we'll most likely buy out DJ or Kanter or both and allow Matthew's to play out his contract this year so we effectively traded KP for DSJ. Knicks have to convert that cap space into players so until they do I don't think you can call this a great trade just yet.

Last edited:
A massive salary clearing move for the Knicks with the Knicks now having 71M in cap space this summer. Mavs owe ATL their first this year for Doncic and you can't trade your 1st 2 yrs in a row so we get their 2020 first at the earliest and another unspecified one that will either be 2022 or one they acquire through trade. We didn't make this trade for draft picks. As far as players, we'll most likely buy out DJ or Kanter or both and allow Matthew's to play out his contract this year so we effectively traded KP for DSJ. Knicks have to convert that cap space into players so until they do I don't think you can call this a great trade just yet.

I?m looking at it from the perspective that KP was going to leave this franchise high and dry in free agency eventually anyway. I had a feeling we were headed for disaster with him when we declined to extend him this offseason. I have no problem with using him to move THJ and Lee?s deals which otherwise would have forced us to use 1st round picks to do. This deal is terrible pre-ACL tear, but I?m more than okay with it under the current circumstances. This franchise needed a complete enema and this it it.

Last edited:

mafra

Legend
I think Burke is heading to DAL, too. Yes, Mavs attempting to procur a 1st (somehow) and would presumably flip that to NY...

KP is injured and was probably walking anyway. Just curious we wouldn?t open this up to a bidding war. This leads me to believe they have a good idea they?re in the mix for something in free agency.

Of course, like with the Melo deal... Dolan never was a good negotiator. I mean, why not let this drag on until deadline?

Cuban probably met with Dolan last night and said this offer is good for 24 hours, bc he didn?t want NY shopping around.

I have to believe we can trade Jordan, Kanter, Matthews. I mean, they must have some value?

As Tig explained, sounds like we are getting protected 1st round picks in 2021 and 2023 unless Mavericks get a sooner 1st round pick through trade. Obviously, looking that far ahead is hard to do, but it what it is.

tiger0330

Legend
I think Burke is heading to DAL, too. Yes, Mavs attempting to procur a 1st (somehow) and would presumably flip that to NY...

KP is injured and was probably walking anyway. Just curious we wouldn’t open this up to a bidding war. This leads me to believe they have a good idea they’re in the mix for something in free agency.

Of course, like with the Melo deal... Dolan never was a good negotiator. I mean, why not let this drag on until deadline?

Cuban probably met with Dolan last night and said this offer is good for 24 hours, bc he didn’t want NY shopping around.

I have to believe we can trade Jordan, Kanter, Matthews. I mean, they must have some value?
They're expiring contracts, it'll be a miracle if the Knicks get anything for them. Playing them only jeopardizes the tank, maybe you keep one of them because we need bodies but buying out the two bigs and developing MRob and Luke makes sense.

As Tig explained, sounds like we are getting protected 1st round picks in 2021 and 2023 unless Mavericks get a sooner 1st round pick through trade. Obviously, looking that far ahead is hard to do, but it what it is.

Now I?m reading that the 2021 pick is unprotected and the 2023 pick is 1 to 10 protected.

mafra

Legend

Well, that?s a wise move. 2 better than 1. Helped BOS planning for the future. Plus, more picks to trade.

tiger0330

Legend
Kellerman hates the trade. Stephen A. says it's exciting for the POTENTIAL to pick up KD Kawhi or Kyrie and mentions KP telling other players not to come because he wouldn't be here and the organization was a mess. General feeling I get is most feel giving up an perhaps a potential transcendent talent like KP for DSJ was terrible. Bottom line the Knicks have to turn that cap space into wins that gets them into the playoffs next year and not in the 3-5 years it would take doing it through the draft.

Last edited: