1628369.png
1628995.png

202694.png
1626209.png

201143.png
203943.png

Injury Report

Boson CelticsNew York Knicks
Jabari Bird - Personal Reasons (OUT)Luke Kornet - Sprained left ankle (OUT)
-Frank Ntilikina - Sore groin (OUT)
-Emmanuel Mudiay - Strained left shoulder (OUT)
-Isiah Hicks - G-League assignment (NWT)
-

Game Preview

Boston Celtics guard Kyrie Irving, following a disappointing loss in Orlando on Jan. 12, called out his younger teammates about not understanding what it takes to be a championship-level team.

In the last two games, those younger teammates have stepped up while Irving has been out with a strained left hip.

The Celtics are hopeful Irving can return by Friday's visit to the New York Knicks -- who are on a team-record 12-game home losing streak and just shipped away their star player in a bombshell trade on Thursday -- although it is possible they may hold him out again.

The Celtics are 6-2 in games without Irving after getting home wins over the Brooklyn Nets and Charlotte Hornets.

Terry Rozier has started for Irving in the past two games; he had 17 points, 10 assists and three steals in Wednesday's 126-94 win over Charlotte. Jaylen Brown also produced a pair of big games in Irving's absence with 45 total points. Jayson Tatum scored 20 on Wednesday.

"When we play with him (Irving), it's more like a show. Sit back and watch him go crazy," Rozier said. "Without him, obviously we don't know who the scoring's (going to) really come from. Somebody got to step up."

The Celtics (32-19) are 7-2 in their last nine games since Irving's comments and won 10 of 11 home games in January. After Friday, Boston returns home to face the Oklahoma City Thunder on Sunday afternoon, so it is entirely possible Irving sits against the free-falling Knicks in order to rest up for a more challenging game.

Irving, who was injured in the first half of Saturday's 115-111 home loss to the Golden State Warriors, is averaging 28.9 points in his past seven games. His injured hip and recent scoring average are not the only reasons he has been in the news.

Irving, a free agent after this season, has said he plans on re-signing with the Celtics, but that could now be contingent on the team's ability to acquire Anthony Davis either before next Thursday's trade deadline or in the offseason. Another report has Irving being "genuinely interested" in a reunion with LeBron James on the Los Angeles Lakers.

On his weekly radio appearance in Boston, general manager Danny Ainge addressed the various speculation about Irving.

"I talk to Kyrie all the time. My feelings have not changed. I feel like Kyrie likes it in Boston, but I certainly can't talk about Kyrie's impending free agency. That's taboo, and we won't know anything until July for certain. But I'm optimistic."

The Knicks (10-40) will play their first game after trading All-Star big man Kristaps Porzingis (and Courtney Lee, Tim Hardaway Jr. and Trey Burke) to the Dallas Mavericks for two first-round picks, Wesley Matthews, Dennis Smith Jr. and DeAndre Jordan. The news of the trade emerged rapidly, after reports earlier in the day that Porzingis -- who has yet to play this year as he recovers from a torn ACL -- had met with Knicks management to express that he'd prefer to be traded.

The Knicks also enter Friday with the league's worst record. They are on a 11-game losing streak since beating the Los Angeles Lakers on Jan. 4 and are winless at home since beating Milwaukee in double-overtime on Dec. 1.

New York's latest setback was a 114-90 home loss, coincidentally to the Mavericks, on Wednesday night. The Knicks were outscored 59-43 in the second half, when it allowed Dallas to get to the rim at will.

"What I saw midway through the third, we started feeling sorry for ourselves," Knicks coach David Fizdale said. "We gave in to the losing tonight. It's eating at everyone."

Rookie Kevin Knox led the Knicks with 17 points but was 6-of-16 from the floor. Trey Burke was the starting point guard for the second straight game and added 16 points, but Tim Hardaway Jr. was held to six points on 2-of-11 shooting.

The Celtics are 11-4 in the last 15 meetings with the Knicks. In Boston's first visit this season to New York on Oct. 20, Tatum scored 24 in a 103-101 victory.

--Field Level Media

(STATS / cbssports.com)

Thanks, Rady.

I don?t think DSJ, DJ, or Mathews are available tonight. Good chance we lose by at least 40 points. Not sure you could reasonably argue that we are going to be competitive in any of our remaining 32 games.

jimkcchief88

All Star
So we play the Mavs; then do big trade with the Mavs put together seemingly in an afternoon; now we just happen to be the big ESPN game tonight hmmmm🤔

Kiyaman

Legend
Wsup Rady .. Thanks for the Game-Thread .. Boston is in our (Trade-trade) house tonight MSG !!!
The Celtricks scorer Kyrie Erving talking bout "he make the decision at the end of the day.".

I cant wait to see how well D.Jordan and Fizdale kick it off the remainder of the season ???

Kiyaman

Legend
Having Allan as the playmaker look well when all his teammates (Kornet/Von/Knox/Dot) are moving around looking for the pass

Knox and Dotson both score 20+ points and we get another loss. 10 - 41 now, less than 0.200 win percentage. Worst record and tied for 2nd most losses in the NBA. 12 game losing streak.

Kiyaman

Legend
Kadeem Allen played 35 minute tonight, was impressive in the first half, but he look to run out of gas in the 4th quarter.

I wonder how many Knick fans has lost their confidence in coach Fizdale now that KP ask to be remove from the Fizdale's sinking ship?
I'm sure we all like the things what Fizdale says, "we play to win." but we have seen zero evidence of that having a 10-41 record.
Fizdale's loser education are not developing any of the young-core players on how to win the next game.
There's no system on offense-end, it's iso and surprise that the shot clock has wound down leading to desperation chucks.
On Defense it's four guys bunched up and leaving half the court open for easy put backs and non-contested 3-ball shots.
Is this the best Fizdale got in his coaching -book ???
or is it the Knick roster not getting it ???
How many of the new Knick players added to the roster will accept n fall right into Fizdale's tank-tank system the remainder of the season.

tiger0330

Legend
Kadeem Allen played 35 minute tonight, was impressive in the first half, but he look to run out of gas in the 4th quarter.

I wonder how many Knick fans has lost their confidence in coach Fizdale now that KP ask to be remove from the Fizdale's sinking ship?
I'm sure we all like the things what Fizdale says, "we play to win." but we have seen zero evidence of that having a 10-41 record.
Fizdale's loser education are not developing any of the young-core players on how to win the next game.
There's no system on offense-end, it's iso and surprise that the shot clock has wound down leading to desperation chucks.
On Defense it's four guys bunched up and leaving half the court open for easy put backs and non-contested 3-ball shots.
Is this the best Fizdale got in his coaching -book ???
or is it the Knick roster not getting it ???
How many of the new Knick players added to the roster will accept n fall right into Fizdale's tank-tank system the remainder of the season.
Fiz is full of crap, "Baffle them with BS" should be his motto. I'm looking to see what he does with the new guys because if he's tanking he won't play them esp DJ because if he's consistent he has to play Mitch and Luke for the same reasons he plays them over Kanter. If he does play them, I think you can kiss the tank goodbye because I think the boys can win some games if he plays our 3 new guys heavy minutes.

paris401

Starter

at the end of the day it doesn't matter... we r going to sign durant, n irving, n trade for AD.... so we will have to give up every single player on the roster, plus our lottery pick... we will be playing teams 3 against 5.... or maybe with the exception, we can sign Me-Lo....

Kiyaman

Legend
at the end of the day it doesn't matter... we r going to sign durant, n irving, n trade for AD.... so we will have to give up every single player on the roster, plus our lottery pick... we will be playing teams 3 against 5.... or maybe with the exception, we can sign Me-Lo....

Wake-up Paris .. The average NBA FA whom more than two or three teams would like to sign looks first at each teams strategic winning head-coach career, then a FA 2nd look are will the team give him starter-minute of playing-time on the team, then their 3rd look are at how many complimentary teammates are on the same-page in the rotation. The Knicks $$$ organization are considered the last team on every FA mind in the market to sign on to because all the Knicks has to offer is $$$MONEY$$$ .. the three important things mention above a FA looks for in the team he select the Knicks has had a consistent poor record in all 3 categories for several seasons.

Example: In the 2018 FA offseason the 22 yr old (Stretch-5) center DeMarcus Cousins felt his professional level of B.ball were attack on the 3rd to 5th day the FA market open July 5th., when Cousins did not receive any offers from NBA teams he decided to sign on to a team having a top-3 coaching-staff, plus a top-3 complimentary player roster for a pay ($5.3M per) less than half his worth in the NBA.
Why did Cousin jump on the GSW band wagon for just a season? To make Cousins career in the NBA extra long (Dirk 21 seasons).
The past decade of veteran players that came to the Knicks roster had very short careers in the NBA when they left the Knicks.

Why would a young star FA sign on to the Knicks organization when the odds of having a short NBA career are likely ???
A 30 yr old FA Durant would like to be under a contract when he turns 38 yrs old .. So resigning a 4 yr contract with GS Warriors could make that happen. The Knicks mismanagement would have Durant ready to retire after 4 seasons !!!

paris401

Starter
Wake-up Paris ..

just had coffee, n i'm up... u toooo need a cup of java n read between the lines... 3 players against 5, or sign Me-Lo and its 4 against 5... come on do u really think my last was anything but a joke??? ... read back some replies, and u will see i said who was the last tier 1 FA we signed... fredic weis... another joke.... and why not joke... all the BS we r all talking about is just a joke...just like the knicks.... ok said my peace... i'm old... had my coffee... now time for a nap...