Game Thread: Memphis Grizzlies vs New York Knicks - 1:00PM on February 3, 2019

tiger0330

Legend
Going to take a few games and practices for the new guys to get on the same page with everyone. Kornet having a nice game.

Broadway

All Star
Rebecca Harlow interviewing Steve Mills courtside early in the 1st quarter. Mills claims that he and Perry had 8 potential scenarios that would have been “great for us” if KP was going to be traded. We took one of those scenarios with Dallas as it became available. Our front office felt that keeping KP past the 2/7 deadline gave away too much trade leverage.

She blew a golden opportunity to ask "are we still active" on talking to teams as the deadline approaches. Like how can you not ask that question when she tried to catch him with the timeline question.

Broadway

All Star
Kornet and Jordan are really refreshing in different ways over our other bigs. Not a fan of Kanter and Vonleh is a rhythm buster

Fizdale saying that we are playing DJ so that MRob can watch how a big should play defense. Fizdale is now officially trolling Kanter, even if what he is saying is true.

Other than early foul trouble, good 1st half for DSJ as a Knick. DSJ penetrates and kicks out to Knox for the wide open 3. His jump shot looks almost as ugly as Ntilikina?s though.

mafra

Legend
Other than early foul trouble, good 1st half for DSJ as a Knick. DSJ penetrates and kicks out to Knox for the wide open 3. His jump shot looks almost as ugly as Ntilikina?s though.

Just feels odd, b/c we let Phil take Knits (over DSJ), then we fire him. Mills signed Hardaway, a player we drafted, then traded away, then overpaid to re-attain.

Without THjr contract, maybe we okay chicken with Noah and instead of stretching him he?s part of this deal.

In a way, it feels like we traded KP for expiring DJ/WM and 2 future firsts.

This is why I hope, somehow, we?re able to keep DJ. Just would feel like we got more.

Just feels odd, b/c we let Phil take Knits (over DSJ), then we fire him. Mills signed Hardaway, a player we drafted, then traded away, then overpaid to re-attain.

Without THjr contract, maybe we okay chicken with Noah and instead of stretching him he?s part of this deal.

In a way, it feels like we traded KP for expiring DJ/WM and 2 future firsts.

This is why I hope, somehow, we?re able to keep DJ. Just would feel like we got more.

If you pay too close attention to how we got to this point, your face will melt off like you looked at the holy grail. Based on internet reports, very unlikely DJ is a part of our future. Only question is whether or not he finishes out the season here.

For me, we traded KP to sign bigger star free agents. If that doesn?t pan out, we traded KP so that we would have 7 1st round picks in 5 drafts. We have to hope everything falls apart in Dallas in a couple seasons and the Western Conference stays brutal and those future Dallas picks are lottery picks in 2021 and 2023.

For everyone worried about the tank, don?t worry, we still suck. This team stills comes out of the half like they watched hostage footage where they have to make sure they lose in the 2nd half or their families get executed.

Broadway

All Star
Our transition D is awful to start the half this is where DSJ has to be more alert and Knox is way too inefficient to get as many looks as he does.

tiger0330

Legend
Griz open up their largest lead 54-44, middle of the 3rd. When you got Fiz you have to have a team of all stars to win anything, 3 new guys not enough.

Alright, I have to give Kanter credit for being able to laugh off that mixup on the bench where Fizdale told Dennis to get in the game and Kanter thought he said Enes. Just trade Kanter already and let him get on with his career.

Now we're getting beat with back doors

We?re a really bad, super terrible team. As I continue to watch this game, I?m starting to wonder why earlier today other guys were worried about the tank just because we added a couple solid players. The second you put on a Knicks jersey, you forget everything you used to know about playing winning basketball.

mafra

Legend
In the battle of the 2 worst clubs last 30 games, NY found wanting... but we don?t have a Gasol or Conley.

tiger0330

Legend
We’re a really bad, super terrible team. As I continue to watch this game, I’m starting to wonder why earlier today other guys were worried about the tank just because we added a couple solid players. The second you put on a Knicks jersey, you forget everything you used to know about playing winning basketball.
Matthews shot selection has been horrible. The new guys need a few practices and Fiz has to play them 30mpg if he wants to win which means he continues to marginalize his vets and better players. He only swears the goal is trying to win because he doesn't want to pay that 25K fine Silver would lay on him.

Broadway

All Star
Matthews shot selection has been horrible. The new guys need a few practices and Fiz has to play them 30mpg if he wants to win which means he continues to marginalize his vets and better players. He only swears the goal is trying to win because he doesn't want to pay that 25K fine Silver would lay on him.

I think htr10 is right at this point, it won't matter who we play. We're a bad team as you started with your post Matthews shot selection that's what can get a team behind, guys missing layups at the rim, the transition D. The ever changing rotations. The influx of injuries causing multiple starting lineup changes and guys not being able to establish any continuity/familiarity with who they play with. There's not a remaining vet on this team that solves these issues

I know you'd like to see a Dub but we are a limited team. We need to make another trade or two, to assist Fiz is settling on who he'll play. Maybe a 2 for 1 or 3 for 2

Last edited: