Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

22-19.

With ATL already about 5 games ahead of the top 4 losers, it’s gonna be really tough for NY to win enough to fall beyond 4th. Even at 4, the odds are still about 12% (compared to 14% for top 3)...

I also feel if PHO wins lottery, a trade could be made bc Ja a better fit for their roster than Zion.

12th man

Quote Originally Posted by htr10 View Post
    DSJ and DJ both play less than 4 minutes before sitting down, DSJ because of fouls. We trail 12 to 9. Something tells me the tank is safe. THJ padding his season stats in late season wins against other tanking teams seems like it would have been a greater risk to me, now that I think about it.
    Wes can be a flame throwing tank buster. Remember his last game, 5 3s in the first half.

Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by tiger0330 View Post
    Wes can be a flame throwing tank buster. Remember his last game, 5 3s in the first half.
    True, but if Wes is still on this roster at the end of the season, will he understand what we are trying to do and be less of a self-focused player than THJ would have been? I would hope so. THJ was all about sabotaging the tank during his 1st go-round with us.

12th man

Quote Originally Posted by mafra View Post
    22-19.

With ATL already about 5 games ahead of the top 4 losers, it’s gonna be really tough for NY to win enough to fall beyond 4th. Even at 4, the odds are still about 12% (compared to 14% for top 3)...

I also feel if PHO wins lottery, a trade could be made bc Ja a better fit for their roster than Zion.
    No one is passing on Zion. The Sun's will use a crowbar to make him fit.

Veteran

22-19.

This is a good point. New rules decrease the stakes of finishing bottom 3. Still, I like our odds not only to be bottom 3, but also to stay worst overall. This team is unapologetically tanking and has the worst roster in the NBA. The only thing that will force this team to win is a warning from the NBA about tanking.

12th man

Going to take a few games and practices for the new guys to get on the same page with everyone. Kornet having a nice game.

Veteran

Rebecca Harlow interviewing Steve Mills courtside early in the 1st quarter. Mills claims that he and Perry had 8 potential scenarios that would have been “great for us” if KP was going to be traded. We took one of those scenarios with Dallas as it became available. Our front office felt that keeping KP past the 2/7 deadline gave away too much trade leverage.
    She blew a golden opportunity to ask "are we still active" on talking to teams as the deadline approaches. Like how can you not ask that question when she tried to catch him with the timeline question.

Veteran

Kornet and Jordan are really refreshing in different ways over our other bigs. Not a fan of Kanter and Vonleh is a rhythm buster

Veteran

Fizdale saying that we are playing DJ so that MRob can watch how a big should play defense. Fizdale is now officially trolling Kanter, even if what he is saying is true.

Veteran

Other than early foul trouble, good 1st half for DSJ as a Knick. DSJ penetrates and kicks out to Knox for the wide open 3. His jump shot looks almost as ugly as Ntilikina’s though.

Other than early foul trouble, good 1st half for DSJ as a Knick. DSJ penetrates and kicks out to Knox for the wide open 3. His jump shot looks almost as ugly as Ntilikina’s though.
    Just feels odd, b/c we let Phil take Knits (over DSJ), then we fire him. Mills signed Hardaway, a player we drafted, then traded away, then overpaid to re-attain.

Without THjr contract, maybe we okay chicken with Noah and instead of stretching him he’s part of this deal.

In a way, it feels like we traded KP for expiring DJ/WM and 2 future firsts.

This is why I hope, somehow, we’re able to keep DJ. Just would feel like we got more.

Veteran

Just feels odd, b/c we let Phil take Knits (over DSJ), then we fire him. Mills signed Hardaway, a player we drafted, then traded away, then overpaid to re-attain.

Without THjr contract, maybe we okay chicken with Noah and instead of stretching him he’s part of this deal.

In a way, it feels like we traded KP for expiring DJ/WM and 2 future firsts.

This is why I hope, somehow, we’re able to keep DJ. Just would feel like we got more.
    If you pay too close attention to how we got to this point, your face will melt off like you looked at the holy grail. Based on internet reports, very unlikely DJ is a part of our future. Only question is whether or not he finishes out the season here.

For me, we traded KP to sign bigger star free agents. If that doesn’t pan out, we traded KP so that we would have 7 1st round picks in 5 drafts. We have to hope everything falls apart in Dallas in a couple seasons and the Western Conference stays brutal and those future Dallas picks are lottery picks in 2021 and 2023.

Veteran

For everyone worried about the tank, don’t worry, we still suck. This team stills comes out of the half like they watched hostage footage where they have to make sure they lose in the 2nd half or their families get executed.

Veteran

Our transition D is awful to start the half this is where DSJ has to be more alert and Knox is way too inefficient to get as many looks as he does.

12th man

Griz open up their largest lead 54-44, middle of the 3rd. When you got Fiz you have to have a team of all stars to win anything, 3 new guys not enough.