203493.png
1628995.png

201933.png
203943.png

203083.png
201599.png

Injury Report

Detroit PistonsNew York Knicks
No injury to reportEmmanuel Mudiay - Strained left shoulder (OUT)
-Frank Ntilikina - Sore groin (OUT)
--
--
-

Game Preview

The Detroit Pistons have spent the past two months floundering, and while they are not currently in a playoff position in the Eastern Conference, they are not far behind.

After their most dominant showing of the season, the Pistons hope back-to-back games against the league-worst New York Knicks can improve things slightly.

New York is riding a team-record 14-game home losing streak and a 13-game losing skid heading into a Tuesday night meeting with visiting Detroit.

The Knicks haven't won at Madison Square Garden since a 136-134 overtime victory against the Milwaukee Bucks on Dec. 1.

That same day, the Pistons earned a 113-102 home win over the Golden State Warriors to improve to 13-7. Since then, the Pistons are 10-22.

Detroit heads to New York after a 129-103 home win over the Denver Nuggets on Monday. Two days after blowing a 25-point and losing to the Los Angeles Clippers, the Pistons set season highs by shooting 54.5 percent and handing out 32 assists. They moved within 1 1/2 games of the eighth-place Miami Heat in the East.

"We have that in us," Detroit forward Blake Griffin said. "We've played like that at times, and we played like that on Saturday night, we just didn't play for four quarters.

"The past two games we've played 6 1/2 good quarters of basketball. That's encouraging, and that's what I'm going to keep looking at."

New York is looking to end a stretch of poor play that has resulted in 26 losses in the past 28 games overall. The Knicks' only wins since Dec. 1 are a 126-124 overtime decision at Charlotte on Dec. 14 and a 119-112 road victory over the Los Angeles Lakers on Jan. 4.

New York has the 14th skid in NBA history of at least 14 home losses. The league record of 19 consecutive home defeats set by the 1993-94 Dallas Mavericks.

The Knicks' overall losing skid, the third-longest in team history, continued Sunday with a 96-84 loss to the Memphis Grizzlies. Sunday marked the sixth straight game the Knicks were held under 100 points, and New York shot just 38.4 percent from the floor.

New York will play its last game before the Thursday trade deadline and its third since trading Kristaps Porzingis and three other players to Dallas for Dennis Smith Jr., DeAndre Jordan and Wesley Matthews.

All three players appeared Sunday, with Smith and Jordan in the starting lineup. Jordan collected 12 points and 12 rebounds in 29 minutes, Smith scored eight points, and Matthews finished with five points.

While Smith is on his rookie contract after being picked No. 9 overall in 2017, Jordan and Matthews are expiring contracts and are seen as trade candidates by Thursday or buyout candidates by March 1.

"Both of those guys have played some (playoff) series on some really good basketball teams," Knicks coach David Fizdale said of Jordan and Matthews. "And who knows what the future holds for these guys? They're ours now, free agents at the end of the year, but who knows. I want them to come here and enjoy the process with us and really help the young guys."

The Knicks, who lost 115-108 at Detroit on Nov. 27, will visit the Motor City again on Friday.

--Field Level Media

(STATS / cbssports.com)

Kiyaman

Legend
Wsup Rady .... Thanks for the Game-Thread .. The Detroit Pistons are on the end of a back to back beating the mighty "Jokic" Denver Nuggets.
The Pistons bench players won last night game vs Nuggets by scoring 60 pts, 27 rbs, and 16 Dimes off the bench.
The Knicks bench-players whomever they will be tonight will have a load to carry on their back defending the Pistons bench players.
The Knicks starting lineup above look decent having DSJr., Dotson, Knox, Vonleh, and D.Jordan ..
However, rookie Knox performance has showed us on numerous occasion this season he does not belong in the starting lineup, Knox skills and IQ has to be enhance a lot just to receive 20 minute of playing time the remainder of the season.

Kiyaman

Legend
Any prediction ???
I predict a Fizdale's coaching/substitution and no defense/offense system will lose the game to keep the Tank-Tank season on track !!!

Thanks, Rady.

This team is hard to watch. Really want DSJ to prove me wrong about him now that he is a Knick. DSJ has no reason not to just cut loose on offense and be our focal point from here on out. I would like to see him aiming to be a 20 point and 8 assist a game guy for us.

Similarly, no reason Knox can?t be a 20 point per game guy for us from here on out if he works on his efficiency. Needless to say, both guys need to work on their defense, but I?m not hoping for a miracle in the final 30 games.

Starters tonight are DeAndre Jordan, Vonleh, Knox, Mathews, and DSJ. Dotson goes back to the bench. The implication is that Fizdale wants Mathews to pick up the slack defensively because he knows that Knox is struggling out there. In theory, it makes sense. DJ and Mathews at least give us 2 guys on the roster who know how to play NBA defense.

Broadway

All Star
Really no need to start Matthews and what I said earlier will continue to apply. Starting these vets or giving them lion share minutes over the kids devalues our assets...now if we retain them next yr and we sign another veteran or two then they should be allowed an opportunity to prove they should start. I heard we're still trying to move Matthews so not sure what's going on there. DJ I kind of understand why he's starting but minutes should be monitored

We?ve given up 26 points in less than 8 minutes. Detroit is the 2nd worst shooting team in the league. The worst is us of course.

DSJ with 8 points in the 1st 9 minutes. Love to see him put up a 30 point game for us tonight, but not in a game that we lose by 30 points.

mafra

Legend
Allen sinks a 3, then steals ball and makes layup.... awful charge call tho.

Allen and Dotson probably means tah tah Frank...

I wonder if NY and PHO get in on this LA-NO deal... Frank and Ball on the move to PHO and Josh Jax or BI to NY.