Game thread: New York Knicks @ Detroit Pistons 7:00 2/8/2019 [Game #54]

Broadway

All Star
DSJ is really an undersized 2 guard, and he's not doing a bad at all first week on the job...Mudiay still our best PG but I like DSJ more and again probably our best overall GUARD

Now that he looks like he'll be our starter his numbers will rival #kporzee's going forward

DSJ with 19 points on 6 for 9 shooting from the floor in the 1st half. Our team defense will make it impossible to win any games, not that it seems like that is really the goal.

Broadway

All Star
Okay so DSJ gave you 30(and counting tonight) htr10.

When analyzing his game amongst a couple young prospects last yr this is "take best performances" and compare against debate I was trying to make. Another way to look at it is "Arc Game Theory" in what young prospects look special when performing well and the likelihood of duplicating it again. DSJ doesn't even know more than a handful of plays and almost put up back-to-back 30pt performances. He doesn't need to babied and treated with kid gloves.

Now I don't expect him to keep doing this game after game but he'll have more performances like this before the yr is over.

Okay so DSJ gave you 30(and counting tonight) htr10.

When analyzing his game amongst a couple young prospects last yr this is "take best performances" and compare against debate I was trying to make. Another way to look at it is "Arc Game Theory" in what young prospects look special when performing well and the likelihood of duplicating it again. DSJ doesn't even know more than a handful of plays and almost put up back-to-back 30pt performances. He doesn't need to babied and treated with kid gloves.

Now I don't expect him to keep doing this game after game but he'll have more performances like this before the yr is over.

30 points on 9 for 14 shooting from the field in a little over 3 quarters in a reasonably close game is no joke. I made myself ready to support DSJ when we traded for him and I like what I have seen offensively from him so far. The Ntilikina conversation has been done for a while in my mind this season, despite how much of a pro-Ntilikina guy I was last season.

That FT shooting from DSJ is a tough pill to swallow though. This is easily a 40 point game for him, not to mention a much closer game, if he was a better FT shooter.

Kiyaman

Legend
I know i complain all over the B,Ball world bout DSJ averaging only 1 trip to the foul line per game with the Mavs, but tonight making it to the foul line a dozen times to shoot 11-19 from the FT SMH

mafra

Legend
31 and 8 on 15 shots. Go DSJ Go. Yes, this is same offensive production KP provides. Granted KP brought the rim protection DSJ can?t do tho.

11-19 from FT line is both great and disgusting.

Broadway

All Star
30 points on 9 for 14 shooting from the field in a little over 3 quarters in a reasonably close game is no joke. I made myself ready to support DSJ when we traded for him and I like what I have seen offensively from him so far. The Ntilikina conversation has been done for a while in my mind this season, despite how much of a pro-Ntilikina guy I was last season.

Not even so much Knits but really any player for the matter. Lakers unfortunately probably won't get a chance to atone for passing on Fox(whom Magic wanted). Truth be told I'm not really enthused by Knox(wasn't when we drafted him). He hasn't been bad but there are some concerns with his game. He and Trier need to expand their game and not be so 1-dimensional.

Broadway

All Star
That FT shooting from DSJ is a tough pill to swallow though. This is easily a 40 point game for him, not to mention a much closer game, if he was a better FT shooter.

Yep agreed wholeheartedly, probably tired(not an excuse though). I don't think he's in peak condition and concentration levels drop when athletes aren't. He needs to fix this immediately. He has a short window to draw respect from refs as a potential budding star and capitalizing off of trips to the stripe is a must...otherwise this won't be the case long term. Get the TOs down too

Broadway

All Star
31 and 8 on 15 shots. Go DSJ Go. Yes, this is same offensive production KP provides. Granted KP brought the rim protection DSJ can?t do tho.

11-19 from FT line is both great and disgusting.

True at the same time #kporzee isn't going to give us 7ast/gm either

Kiyaman

Legend

Wow! u can't see it? Let me help u .. Remember Marbury high scoring performance in a Nets uniform giving the Nets all the lottery-balls to get the first pick in the draft .. Kenyon Martin!
Do you recall every team the high scoring double-double Starbury left .. the team got better once Marbury was gone (except Knicks) !!!

In just a couple of games as a Knick .. I already see why owner Cuban and head coach Rick Carlisle put DSJ on the trade-table in December, and traded him in January. The Mavs did not like the way DSJ controlled the ball on offense (24 win season), when the rookie Doncic kept doing a 100% better job at getting teammates more involve on offense. The more coach Carlisle put the ball in rookie Doncic hands to run the offense the closer the Mavs came to being a .500 playing team.

Wow! u can't see it? Let me help u .. Remember Marbury high scoring performance in a Nets uniform giving the Nets all the lottery-balls to get the first pick in the draft .. Kenyon Martin!
Do you recall every team the high scoring double-double Starbury left .. the team got better once Marbury was gone (except Knicks) !!!

In just a couple of games as a Knick .. I already see why owner Cuban and head coach Rick Carlisle put DSJ on the trade-table in December, and traded him in January. The Mavs did not like the way DSJ controlled the ball on offense (24 win season), when the rookie Doncic kept doing a 100% better job at getting teammates more involve on offense. The more coach Carlisle put the ball in rookie Doncic hands to run the offense the closer the Mavs came to being a .500 playing team.

We?re far and away the worst roster in the NBA. You really want to crap on one of the very few players on this team that actually has some talent to build upon?

mafra

Legend
DSJ needs the ball to be effective right now. If we sign Kyrie, DSJ is relegated to Lou Williams 6th man role...

Knox is super duper inefficient.

Kiyaman

Legend
Did the Knicks have a 41-22 first quarter?
Did the Knicks bench-players stop the Pistons from giving us an embarrass blow-out?
How well did Knox & DSJ compliment each other in their 35 minute outing tonite?
Did the Knicks ever take the lead in this game?
Which Knicks loss to the Pistons were really bad? The 105-92 loss? Or the 120-103 loss?

Did the Knicks have a 41-22 first quarter?
Did the Knicks bench-players stop the Pistons from giving us an embarrass blow-out?
How well did Knox & DSJ compliment each other in their 35 minute outing tonite?
Did the Knicks ever take the lead in this game?
Which Knicks loss to the Pistons were really bad? The 105-92 loss? Or the 120-103 loss?

Dude, I?m grasping at straws here to still find some way to enjoy watching this team. Let me have some delusion here until hopefully we either hit big in the draft and/or hit big in free agency this offseason.

mafra

Legend
Yeah, KP wouldn?t have more than 1.6 assists... and, let?s be honest, DSJ night even be a better all around rebounder.

Wouldn?t it repudiate Jax?s tenure if Knicks ended up trading the 1 asset PJ felt good about providing the team with for the very athletic AAU jump out the gym player he derisively said he was trying to avoid. Swap KP for DSJ, so it would mock Phil for eternity.

Just would be so sweet for DSJ to carry NY like a franchise player, and KNicks win without KP, which means Jax era produces nothing of consequence. Nothing but laziness, hubris, and acrimonious woe!

That would be the karma coming ?round for its revenge.

Kiyaman

Legend
We’re far and away the worst roster in the NBA. You really want to crap on one of the very few players on this team that actually has some talent to build upon?

What are u saying, the Knicks has an average NBA roster (no difference from the Nets) however, the Knicks team are under the rule of an inexperience head-coach with a TANKING agenda.
First the coach gave our pass-first PG-Frank 20 minute of playing-time as a starter in several different lineups.
Then 5 games later he gave a shoot-first PG Mudiay 30 minute of playing time as the starter in practically the same lineup.
After the Knick coach average a 10-40 record the Knicks head-coach had to sit Mudiay for a while, and now the coach has a 35 minute high scoring Ball-Hogger or shoot-first PG DSJr. that's clueless on how to take his teammates on a scoring-run to take the lead in a game SMH
I'm seriously wondering in all DSJ talent does he know how to grab a lead as a play-maker and hold the lead for a quarter of the game ???