Game thread: New York Knicks @ Cleveland Cavaliers 7:00 2/11/2019 [Game #56]

Lineup of MRob, Kornet, Trier, Allen, and John Jenkins cruising in the early 4th quarter. Lead is trimmed to 4.

mafra

Legend
Knox is 5-16... Allen is 10-14.

Allen is game?s leading scorer. Go figure.

This team is bad, folks. Zion, KD, Kyrie probably not even enough.

Knox is 5-16... Allen is 10-14.

Allen is game?s leading scorer. Go figure.

This team is bad, folks. Zion, KD, Kyrie probably not even enough.

FWIW, only 6 of these guys are under contract for next season (MRob, DSJ, Knox, Dotson, Ntilikina, and Lance Thomas). We hit it big in free agency, I?m looking at a Pat Riley style reclamation project where you literally turn over the entire roster.

Jenkins misses the 3. DSJ gets the rebound but can?t hit the 3 with 2 defenders in his face. We lose by 3. Our record setting season of losing continues.

mafra

Legend
This is where you call BS, on knicks and Fizdale. We?re down a possession with less than 20 seconds left. We draw up a play and guess who takes the final shot?

Yep.

New Knick who just signed a 10-day contract. Somehow Jenkins is in the game and for some reason he takes the shot.

Draw up a play for Knox or DSJ... you know... the kids we are building around, who they claim are part of the future. Nope. Let?s let a soon to be former player get the chuck.

Let Knox attempt a game winning shot for experience / growth.

Even in a wire to wire loss, to worst team in NBA... we still find a way to lose in a loss.

tiger0330

Legend
It's in the record books and will be a trivia question for a future broadcast. Who was the Knicks head coach during the longest losing streak in franchise history. Ans: David Fizdale.

Turn around the culture my ass.

It's in the record books and will be a trivia question for a future broadcast. Who was the Knicks head coach during the longest losing streak in franchise history. Ans: David Fizdale.

Turn around the culture my ass.

Philly is going to rip us apart on Wednesday. Atlanta is our last chance on Thursday to stop this epic streak before the All-Star break.

Watch Fizdale in the post-game. Not upset at all about the historic losing streak. He is clearly not being told to win games by the front office. Can?t judge his abilities as a head coach until he is coaching a team that is trying to win games.

mafra

Legend
Watch Fizdale in the post-game. Not upset at all about the historic losing streak. He is clearly not being told to win games by the front office. Can?t judge his abilities as a head coach until he is coaching a team that is trying to win games.

We can judge him by the fact that he couldn?t draw up a play, on the fly, in the timeout before that last possession to get Knox or DSJ a clean look.

Unless letting the newbie take the final shot was the plan, to preserve the loss for the tank.

We can judge him by the fact that he couldn?t draw up a play, on the fly, in the timeout before that last possession to get Knox or DSJ a clean look.

Unless letting the newbie take the final shot was the plan, to preserve the loss for the tank.

If what I think about our agenda is true, I?m surprised he didn?t draw up MRob dropkicking the ball from mid court on that last play. I think Fizdale is under instructions to lose as many games as possible without getting the team fined by the NBA. He gets fired up during games, but man he seems like he couldn?t care less about losing in the post-game.

Among the bottom 4 teams, Cleveland and Chicago have both gone 3 wins and 7 losses over their last 10. Meanwhile, Knicks are on a 17 game losing streak and Phoenix is on a 14 game losing streak. It?s almost comical. Thank God we?ve only got 26 more games left to suffer through this season.

mafra

Legend
Love should help CLE win a few; PHO is almost finished with the process, with Booker-Jax-Anton... maybe they win a few. Bulls have the Finish kid and Lavind and Porter...

NYK almost a lock to finish dead last... Def bottom 3.

Kiyaman

Legend
Tonight young PG performance ….

Sexton: 20 pts, 1 rb, 3 ast, 1 stl, and 1 turnover in 39 minute
DSJr.: 10 pts, 2 rb, 4 ast, 3 stl, 2 blk, and 1 turnover in 31 minute
Allen: 25 pts, 3 rb, 6 ast, 1 stl, and 1 turnover in 32 minute

I have to admit .. we Knick fans has been sleeping on Kadeem Allen play-maker passing-skills plus quick-step slash to the basket for 2 pts in the last 5 games. The more games Allen play the familiar he gets to complimenting his teammates skills. I did get a little tight at Allen when he took that 3 ball shot when we were down by 4 pts at crunch time.
But Allen is THAT 3rd guard in a 3 guard-offense u want on the court !!!

Kiyaman

Legend
What do you say bout head coach Fizdale's 17 game losing streak ???

A) It's not Fizdale its the lousy roster he was given, next season he will do better having Zion & KD.
B) Fizdale is a player coach, he will bring it together in his 2nd season coaching.
C) Fizdale loss his 17th straight game vs a mediocre 11-45 record Cavs team, he's FIRED !!!