Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

This is where you call BS, on knicks and Fizdale. Weíre down a possession with less than 20 seconds left. We draw up a play and guess who takes the final shot?

Yep.

New Knick who just signed a 10-day contract. Somehow Jenkins is in the game and for some reason he takes the shot.

Draw up a play for Knox or DSJ... you know... the kids we are building around, who they claim are part of the future. Nope. Letís let a soon to be former player get the chuck.

Let Knox attempt a game winning shot for experience / growth.

Even in a wire to wire loss, to worst team in NBA... we still find a way to lose in a loss.

12th man

It's in the record books and will be a trivia question for a future broadcast. Who was the Knicks head coach during the longest losing streak in franchise history. Ans: David Fizdale.

Turn around the culture my ass.

Veteran

Originally Posted by tiger0330
    It's in the record books and will be a trivia question for a future broadcast. Who was the Knicks head coach during the longest losing streak in franchise history. Ans: David Fizdale.

Turn around the culture my ass.
    Philly is going to rip us apart on Wednesday. Atlanta is our last chance on Thursday to stop this epic streak before the All-Star break.

Veteran

Watch Fizdale in the post-game. Not upset at all about the historic losing streak. He is clearly not being told to win games by the front office. Canít judge his abilities as a head coach until he is coaching a team that is trying to win games.

Originally Posted by htr10
    Watch Fizdale in the post-game. Not upset at all about the historic losing streak. He is clearly not being told to win games by the front office. Canít judge his abilities as a head coach until he is coaching a team that is trying to win games.
    We can judge him by the fact that he couldnít draw up a play, on the fly, in the timeout before that last possession to get Knox or DSJ a clean look.

Unless letting the newbie take the final shot was the plan, to preserve the loss for the tank.

Veteran

Originally Posted by mafra
    We can judge him by the fact that he couldnít draw up a play, on the fly, in the timeout before that last possession to get Knox or DSJ a clean look.

Unless letting the newbie take the final shot was the plan, to preserve the loss for the tank.
    If what I think about our agenda is true, Iím surprised he didnít draw up MRob dropkicking the ball from mid court on that last play. I think Fizdale is under instructions to lose as many games as possible without getting the team fined by the NBA. He gets fired up during games, but man he seems like he couldnít care less about losing in the post-game.

Veteran

Among the bottom 4 teams, Cleveland and Chicago have both gone 3 wins and 7 losses over their last 10. Meanwhile, Knicks are on a 17 game losing streak and Phoenix is on a 14 game losing streak. Itís almost comical. Thank God weíve only got 26 more games left to suffer through this season.

Love should help CLE win a few; PHO is almost finished with the process, with Booker-Jax-Anton... maybe they win a few. Bulls have the Finish kid and Lavind and Porter...

NYK almost a lock to finish dead last... Def bottom 3.

12th man

Tonight young PG performance ….

Sexton: 20 pts, 1 rb, 3 ast, 1 stl, and 1 turnover in 39 minute
    DSJr.: 10 pts, 2 rb, 4 ast, 3 stl, 2 blk, and 1 turnover in 31 minute
    Allen: 25 pts, 3 rb, 6 ast, 1 stl, and 1 turnover in 32 minute

I have to admit .. we Knick fans has been sleeping on Kadeem Allen play-maker passing-skills plus quick-step slash to the basket for 2 pts in the last 5 games. The more games Allen play the familiar he gets to complimenting his teammates skills. I did get a little tight at Allen when he took that 3 ball shot when we were down by 4 pts at crunch time.
    But Allen is THAT 3rd guard in a 3 guard-offense u want on the court !!!

12th man

What do you say bout head coach Fizdale's 17 game losing streak ???

A) It's not Fizdale its the lousy roster he was given, next season he will do better having Zion & KD.
    B) Fizdale is a player coach, he will bring it together in his 2nd season coaching.
    C) Fizdale loss his 17th straight game vs a mediocre 11-45 record Cavs team, he's FIRED !!!

At this point it really shouldn't matter these kinds of records as long as the goal is (and hopefully be obtained) winning the lottery. Really, i would much rather enjoy close losses like this, or basically any type of loss than winning against the Warriors. Great couple of games for KA, really like when our youngsters come up with such big numbers

FYI: [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] | [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] | [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

12th man

Thumbs down 17th Straight Losses !!!

Originally Posted by mafra
    This is where you call BS, on knicks and Fizdale. We’re down a possession with less than 20 seconds left. We draw up a play and guess who takes the final shot?

Yep.

New Knick who just signed a 10-day contract. Somehow Jenkins is in the game and for some reason he takes the shot.

Draw up a play for Knox or DSJ... you know... the kids we are building around, who they claim are part of the future. Nope. Let’s let a soon to be former player get the chuck.

Let Knox attempt a game winning shot for experience / growth.

Even in a wire to wire loss, to worst team in NBA... we still find a way to lose in a loss.

Mafra .. U are absolutely Right !!!
    There's no way I would want to be the head-coach to go down in the Knicks history book as the 17 straight loss coach SMH
    And we can't say Fizdale wasn't given several opportunities to pull out a win throughout the final 5 minutes of a game vs a 11-45 record Cavs team .. and the Cavs Love and Knight only played 16 minute tonight !!!

In the final 5 to 3 minutes of the game coach Fizdale should have had at least some type of offense/defense plan (he develop throughout a half season) with certain Knicks players on how to close-out a game .. Knox offense, Trier offense, Dotson 2-Way, Kornet 2-Way, MitchRob Block-Party, and Vonleh rebounding, these six players were in training-camp .. and their development ......

12th man

Originally Posted by rady
    At this point it really shouldn't matter these kinds of records as long as the goal is (and hopefully be obtained) winning the lottery. Really, i would much rather enjoy close losses like this, or basically any type of loss than winning against the Warriors. Great couple of games for KA, really like when our youngsters come up with such big numbers
    I agree, I've said if we're going to have a losing season we might as well have a record setting losing season. I just question Fizdale as a coach, why is he playing DJ when he won't be here next season, why is Kornet not in the game against TOR but in during crunch time against the Cavs? Why is Vonleh coming off the bench now when Fiz said he's the Knicks best player? Not sure how he handles Allan when Mudiay and Nits come back but he deserves to play ahead of Nitilikina doing more in a few weeks than Nits has done in 2 years.

12th man

Originally Posted by rady

What u wrote is true however, its the TANKING Goal the Knicks front office set that has to be the problem.
    In the past 5 seasons it look like the Knicks goal were TANKING to receive a lottery picks.
    When a team consistently TANK season after season as much as the Knicks to receive a one to ten lottery pick, the team should become at least a .500 winning team after 3 to 5 years of TANKING.
    On draft night the Knicks think they are selecting the best player available, when the Knicks should be selecting a player the team need. But its hard to select a player the Knicks need when management are always trading players and adding 6 or more new players at the beginning of every season.
    In the past 4 years the Knicks receive 3 lottery picks .. 2015 the 4th pick KP, 2017 the 8th pick Frank, and 2018 the 9th pick Knox.
    In the past 5 seasons the Knicks poor coaching-staff did little of nothing to develop the Knicks draft picks into NBA players.

2017-18 = 29 wins
    2016-17 = 31 wins
    2015-16 = 32 wins
    2014-15 = 17 wins
    2013-14 = 37 wins

Example: In 2006-7 The OKC Thunder consistently TANK three seasons in a row to select Durant in 2007, Westbrook in 2008, and Harden in 2009. After selecting SF-Durant, SG-Harden, and PG-Westbrook the OKC Thunders has been a postseason team every season throughout a decade. From selecting what the OKC Thunders team need to win from the draft.

12th man

Originally Posted by tiger0330
    I agree, I've said if we're going to have a losing season we might as well have a record setting losing season. I just question Fizdale as a coach, why is he playing DJ when he won't be here next season, why is Kornet not in the game against TOR but in during crunch time against the Cavs? Why is Vonleh coming off the bench now when Fiz said he's the Knicks best player? Not sure how he handles Allan when Mudiay and Nits come back but he deserves to play ahead of Nitilikina doing more in a few weeks than Nits has done in 2 years.
    In the Knicks 56 played games this season coach Fizdale never gave any STARTER lineup he put on the court enough time to gather confidence in the teammates in the lineup to gel and learn how to compliment each other skills to at least perform on the same page on offense or defense.
    Fizdale put out a new rotation every game or every other game.
    Last edited by Kiyaman; Feb 12, 2019 at 14:34.