200755.png
1626209.png

202699.png
1628995.png

203954.png
201599.png

Injury Report

Philadelphia 76ersNew York Knicks
Haywood Highsmith - G League assignment (OUT)Emmanuel Mudiay - Strained left shoulder (OUT)
Shake Milton - Right hand injury (OUT)Frank Ntilikina - Sore groin (OUT)
Justin Patton - G League assignment (OUT)-
Zhaire Smith - Jones fracture, left foot (OUT)-
-

Game Preview

On Monday night, the New York Knicks broke the franchise record for longest single-season losing streak.

On Wednesday, the Knicks may move another defeat closer to their all-time record -- while also getting a glimpse at an opponent that proves such struggles can lead to a positive end.

The Knicks will look to snap their epic skid Wednesday when they host the Philadelphia 76ers at Madison Square Garden.

New York's losing streak hit 17 games Monday night, when a late comeback bid fell short in a 107-104 defeat to the host Cleveland Cavaliers.

The 76ers' two-game winning streak ended Tuesday, when they lost to the visiting Boston Celtics 112-109.

The Knicks' defeat at Cleveland served as another mile marker in a forgettable season that has seen New York lose 25 of the past 26 as well as 30 of the past 32 games. While New York's 17-game losing streak isn't technically the longest in team history -- the 1984-85 and 1985-86 squads combined to lose 20 straight games spanning the two seasons -- it is the longest in the NBA since the Memphis Grizzlies lost 19 straight last season.

The nearly six-week long skid -- the Knicks last won on Jan. 4, the day before the NFL playoffs started -- has also opened up the possibility that New York may threaten the longest losing streaks in NBA history, both of which have a 76ers connection.

The 2010-11 Cavaliers and the 2013-14 76ers are tied for the longest single-season losing streak at 26 games. Philadelphia has the overall record, a 28-game drought that spanned the last 10 games of the 2014-15 season and the first 18 games of the 2015-16 campaign.

The 76ers' epic losing streaks, of course, came during "The Process," the mammoth rebuild in which the club stockpiled young players while going 47-199 in the three seasons between 2013-14 and 2015-16.

If all goes according to plan for the Knicks, they will lose a lot less often than the 76ers before turning things around. New York, which has the worst record in the NBA at 10-46, is positioned for a top-three draft pick and has enough cap space to sign two top-tier free agents.

Of course, the Knicks can't quite say they are tanking with the hopes of being much better next year, so it's up to first-year head coach David Fizdale to put a positive spin on the mounting losing streak.

"A loss is a loss is a loss," Fizdale said. "Right now, all we're focused on is getting better for the next game and trying to win the next game. Again, the beauty of our team, they're not caught up in all that. They're going to keep trying to find a way back into games, back into a way to compete to win and at some point, we'll break and get our win."

The 76ers finally began breaking out last year, when they went 52-30 and fell to the Celtics in the Eastern Conference semifinals.

Philadelphia was active at the trade deadline, when it acquired Tobias Harris from the Los Angeles Clippers to go with a nucleus that features Joel Embiid, Ben Simmons and Jimmy Butler.

"As we have said, there is going to be ups and downs," Harris said after the defeat Tuesday. "It's just, when we do have a game like this that we lose, we make an adjustment from it and we understand how we need to play to be the best team that we can be. So I think there are things from this game that we can take and go back and look at and get better at, and just move forward from there."

--Field Level Media

(STATS / cbssports.com)

Thanks, Rady.

JJ Redick got in there twice instead of Jimmy Butler. No big deal.

Sixers coming off loss to Boston are going to be more than ready to extend our historic losing streak. Want to see DSJ and Knox get it going regardless.

mafra

Legend
Philly has dropped 15 of last 17 to BOS. They lost to them last night, with Harris and BOS w/out Kyrie. They just can?t beat them. They?ll pound us tho.

Fizdale continues to switch around our starters. Vonleh getting the start tonight with DJ, Hezonja, Knox, and DSJ. Dotson back to the bench. Is Knox technically our 2 guard?

We?ve allowed 31 points in the 1st 9 and a half minutes. This lack of 1st quarter defense is hard to take game after game.

tiger0330

Legend
Fizdale continues to switch around our starters. Vonleh getting the start tonight with DJ, Hezonja, Knox, and DSJ. Dotson back to the bench. Is Knox technically our 2 guard?
Fiz has got a crowded backcourt, Mudiay said he wasn't sure what his role would be when he comes back, Breen said Nits should get playing time when he gets back but I'd send him down to the GLeague for playing time and play Allan in his place.

tiger0330

Legend
71-55 Sixers at the half. They pulled ahead after the bench narrowed the lead to two in the 1st qtr. Sixers shooting over 60% dominating the paint.

mafra

Legend
Few minutes left in the game, Knicks down a few and MRob rejects Embiid on a penetration to the rim.

Then he swats away Embiid again.

Those are special blocks

Then offensive rebound and slam on Embiid. 14/13 with 4 blocks

I see why he was as highly rated in HS as Ayton.

tiger0330

Legend
You could see MRob was a natural shot blocker in Summer League getting out to those perimeter shooters and blocking their shots. Probably the hardest thing to do is blocking a jump shot with the new rule on allowing space for a shooter to land but he does it with ease. He's averaging about 10rbs as well per 36. He doesn't shoot well at all but his length and nature athletic ability puts him ahead of KK on impacting a game in his rookie year.

mafra

Legend
You could see MRob was a natural shot blocker in Summer League getting out to those perimeter shooters and blocking their shots. Probably the hardest thing to do is blocking a jump shot with the new rule on allowing space for a shooter to land but he does it with ease. He's averaging about 10rbs as well per 36. He doesn't shoot well at all but his length and nature athletic ability puts him ahead of KK on impacting a game in his rookie year.

I saw a stat that says he leads NBA in perimeter blocked shots. Maybe he?ll be the defensive equivalent of the Unicorn.

If we get Murant or we find a PG who likes to pass... he should average 12-15 PPG just on alley oops and out backs.

Kiyaman

Legend
Few minutes left in the game, Knicks down a few and MRob rejects Embiid on a penetration to the rim.

Then he swats away Embiid again.

Those are special blocks

Then offensive rebound and slam on Embiid. 14/13 with 4 blocks

I see why he was as highly rated in HS as Ayton.

Wow! Fizdale-18
I miss the Game .. but I like to hear good stuff bout MitchRob & Kadeem Allen.
I'm listening to the Post Game, and watching the highlights .. I would like to see a development of a bench unit of ..
Kadeem, Trier, Knox, Vonleh, and MitchRob to start the 2nd qtr. and start the 4th qtr. after the All-Star break.
The bench-players mention above need to play in the same lineup game after game throughout the remainder of the season.

Kadeem steals the ball and hits a 3 on Triers dime off his steal. Like I said play him over Nitilikina.

Say it right .. Play Kadeem Allen over Mudiay & DSJr. .. Frank is our Knicks future 2-Way point-forward .. we only have to work on Frank creative scoring & hops