Game thread: New York Knicks vs Orlando Magic 7:30 2/26/2019 [Game #61]

mafra

Legend
After not having a lead on ORL for 11.5 quarters this season, Knicks avoid a 3rd wire-2-wire loss, by taking a 101-100 lead.

MRob gets away with the hack of the century and Henry Ellison drills a 3... he almost has a triple double. 104-100 with less than a minute to go.

A couple games before the All-Star break, I was thinking we could end up with 70 losses. Hard to believe we have now won 3 out of 4.

Ellenson has some skill set for a guy who the Pistons threw to the scrap heap. Unless tonight was a fluke, he is going to fight his way back to a long-term roster spot somewhere in the league for next season.

tiger0330

Legend
Props to Ellenson playing 36 mins the most mins he's ever played in his career and not getting gassed. He just did the post game interview an honor usually given to the player of the game so game ball to him but MRob, Trier and Mudiay deserve some mention.

tiger0330

Legend
A couple games before the All-Star break, I was thinking we could end up with 70 losses. Hard to believe we have now won 3 out of 4.

Ellenson has some skill set for a guy who the Pistons threw to the scrap heap. Unless tonight was a fluke, he is going to fight his way back to a long-term roster spot somewhere in the league for next season.
I was praising Perry and this kid Ellenson is just another example of his ability to appraise talent. I was like Breen, who is this guy Ellenson, and why did they sign him to a 10 day.

Kiyaman

Legend
The Knicks Bench scored 75 points! Plus took control of the game in the 4th qtr. ..
Who's Ellenson? Tonight Ellenson's a Knick winner!
Triers dynamic performance in the 4th qtr. refuse to TANK this game having a energetic MitchRob hosting the MSG Block-Party !!!
LETS GO KNICKS !!!

mafra

Legend

Don?t get me wrong... winning these games is fun while watching... but...

This run reminds of the run a few years ago,
when the team won a few games last 2 couple weeks in March... it cost the team KAT.

Has KAT missed a game in his career yet? Meanwhile... KP no longer a Knick.

The difference this team is that kids are leading the charge, not vet scrubs.

This draft is all about top 3 picks.
Zion, RJ, and Murant are gonna be stars. I?ll be crestfallen and heartbroken if we slide beyond top 3.

With that said, I?m hoping we win out... why not? Makes us more attractive to free agents. Silver can rig it so we jump up from anywhere, right?

And, if we finish with 3rd worse record... then odds basically same it would?ve been last year anyway.

What could be worse then finish top 2, get screwed by odds this year and slide again (like KP draft)?

rady

Administrator
Staff member
Stunner! The Knicks are now one of the top 7 teams with a winning streak :beer:

jimkcchief88

All Star
He?s looked pedestrian to awful most of the season. In his defense, tho, he?s on a rotten roster and being tasked with being the face of the franchise as a teenager.

Yep 2nd youngest player in the league on the youngest team in the league so let?s cut the kid a little slack.

Kiyaman

Legend
Originally Posted by htr10

Props to Ellenson playing 36 mins the most mins he's ever played in his career and not getting gassed. He just did the post game interview an honor usually given to the player of the game so game ball to him but MRob, Trier and Mudiay deserve some mention.

Ellenson with his 2nd 3, dished some nice dimes, has a handle. The kid may make me forget Porzingis. :)

YES! YES! Ellison complimentary performance in screening/great passing skills off the dribble/and decision-making in his first 30 min game with the Knicks has my vote as a Fan-Favorite and KEEPER.

Quote Originally Posted by tiger0330 View Post
Knox can't buy a basket tonight.

Matter of fact Knox game has deteriorated every mont since December but don't let the ROY weekly/monthly honors fool us nor his 3 good games every mo or so. He's had several wretched shooting performances since late December. Does little else

Yep 2nd youngest player in the league on the youngest team in the league so let’s cut the kid a little slack.

The 19 yr old FortKnox get no SLACK!
Knox has NO passing-skills at all! Knox don't pick or screen for any teammate, Knox is a individual-player having no concept of team-ballin, Knox has showed no effort on the defensive-end of the court in every game. Rookie Knox 30 minute performance has kept the Knicks in good shape to draft Zion or Barrett. Last night game vs the Magic showed all the areas of Knox skills & performance that will need the entire off-season of hard working-out to improve, starting with Knox poor decision-making & passing-skills, screening/picks on offense, on defense Knox has to learn how to stay in front of the man he's defending, plus box-out & switch, and run fast to get back on defense in transition. Knox best performance on a winning team will only receive 8 to 12 minute of playing-time every other game.