Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    12th man

Default Game thread: New York Knicks vs LA Clippers 3:30 3/3/2019 [Game #63]

DJ out against his former team. Starting 5 should be Von, LT, KK, Dotson and DSJ.

Mitch Rob is the only reason I watch these Knicks. We are horrible!
    Will we ever win a championship again? Id like to think so!

Veteran

Getting our brains beaten in. Losing 45 to
    20 and only 14 minutes played.

Veteran

Crazy stat they just showed. MRob has taken 186 of his 187 shots in the paint this season.

Veteran

60 points allowed in a little over 17 minutes.

Veteran

Down 32 points halfway through the 2nd quarter. Early Sunday game on the West Coast not panning out here.

79-42 LAC with 3 to go before halftime.

Veteran

What an ABOMINATION!

12th man

Quote Originally Posted by htr10 View Post
    Crazy stat they just showed. MRob has taken 186 of his 187 shots in the paint this season.
    Pretty fun fact, the one shot he took outside the paint was on the right baseline, maybe 15 ft. Not so fun fact is allowing 82 pts in the half 2 shy of the most allowed in franchise history. Shamet has hit 7 3s in the half for the Clip.

There was an article that Fiz is the right coach for this team but he came in saying we were going to move the ball and defend. We're dead last in assists and 25th in points allowed both stats worse than under Hornacek, so I've got an issue if you say Fiz was a good hire other than he might have a better line of BS than Hornacek.

12th man

That last 3 by Dotson has cut the lead to 23. At least the boys are showing some self respect even if they are not going to get a W today.

Veteran

Lose by 21. Could have been worse after that awful 1st half.

MRob continues to impress. Another double double and 4 blocks. MRob is arguably the best shot blocker in the NBA.

A top 3 pick in the 2019 draft, another 1st round pick, MRob on a very team friendly deal, and Knox on a rookie deal gets us AD in the offseason. No doubt in my mind Pelicans would go for that. We are suckers if we make that trade though.

Veteran

Knox needs to lose his starting spot and you know who could possibly take it based on what happened earlier this yr? Knits!

He is seriously a problem and I'm not sure how he fits with development going forward. I wouldn't mind seeing M-Rob inserted into the starting lineup. I see him being replaced by whoever we pick or said free agent. All the concerns Kentucky had about his game has proven true this yr
    Last edited by Broadway; Mar 03, 2019 at 19:26.

12th man

Quote Originally Posted by Broadway View Post
    Knox needs to lose his starting spot and you know who could possibly take it based on what happened earlier this yr? Knits!

He is seriously a problem and I'm not sure how he fits with development going forward. I wouldn't mind seeing M-Rob inserted into the starting lineup. I se him being replaced by whoever we pick or said free agent. All the concerns Kentucky had about his game has proven true this yr
    Knits for Knox. Not a bad idea, it's not going to win us any more games but KK has definitely not lived up to the starters minutes he's getting. Stats say Nits is most effective when he's the primary ball handler because he passes the rock and scores second but I don't see Fiz displacing DSJ or Mudiay for him so maybe sliding him into Knox's spot is not a bad idea.

Veteran

I think you have to give Knox some direction if you are our coaching staff. Athletically, he looks like an NBA player, but his decision making and execution are awful. Coaching staff needs to simply the game for him on both ends of the court. This is quickly turning into a lost season of development for him.

MRob has DJ. Knox is supposed to be learning from...Lance Thomas? Yikes.

12th man

Quote Originally Posted by htr10 View Post
    I luv the idea of my best Knicks draft pick MitchRob staying in his lane performing only the skills he's 96% productive at .. instead of being a FOLLOWER (3-ball shooting) performing task he's incapable at. You have to grade rookie MitchRob a B+ for his NBA performance !!!

Quote Originally Posted by tiger0330 View Post
    Knits for Knox. Not a bad idea, it's not going to win us any more games but KK has definitely not lived up to the starters minutes he's getting. Stats say Nits is most effective when he's the primary ball handler because he passes the rock and scores second but I don't see Fiz displacing DSJ or Mudiay for him so maybe sliding him into Knox's spot is not a bad idea.
    If the inexperience head coach Fizdale were to put Frank in the rotation for more than 24 min the remainder of the season, Franks depth and decision making will win games taking the Knicks out of the ZION race.
    Franks raw none-scoring performance provide skills to win games, thats 65% better than the performance the Knicks get from Knox, Mudiay, and DSJ give on a nightly basis. Today's Knick performance prove that .. all the Clippers guards tormented the Knicks from tip-off till the final seconds of the game performing 2-Way B.ball.