home.png
i
i
i
i
i

Injury Report

New York KnicksSacramento Kings
Frank Ntilikina - Sore groin (OUT)Marvin Bagley III - Left Knee Sprain (OUT)
DeAndre Jordan - Sprained left ankle (DOUBT)-
Mario Hezonja - Contused Left Leg (OUT)-
--

Game Preview

Still reeling in the wake of a critical home loss to the Los Angeles Clippers, the Sacramento Kings get a boost from the schedule-maker Monday when they face the New York Knicks for the first of two times in a six-day stretch.

The last-place Knicks get no such break Monday, facing a Western Conference playoff contender on the second day of a back-to-back, having been humiliated 128-107 by the Clippers in the opener of the double dip.

The Knicks trailed 82-46 at halftime in Los Angeles.

If there was a positive to be taken from the blowout, it was that coach David Fizdale was able to spread the minutes in the opener of the back-to-back. No Knick played more than 29 minutes.

Contrast that to the Kings, whose top four starters -- Bogdan Bogdanovic, Harrison Barnes, Buddy Hield and De'Aaron Fox -- averaged 37.6 minutes per player in the club's hard-fought losses to Milwaukee and the Clippers on Wednesday and Friday.

Hield did his best to put a positive spin on the damaging losses for a franchise seeking to end a 12-season playoff drought.

"We've got 20 more games," he noted to reporters. "It's not like it's the end of the world. We could go off and win five or six in a row and make this thing fun again. We're not done yet."

The Kings (31-31) have fallen three games out of the last playoff spot in the West, but the schedule sets up nicely for a bit of a run this week.

In between the two games against the Knicks, Sacramento will host Boston, which has lost five of six and will be playing the night after a showdown at Golden State.

The Kings will play at least the upcoming week without star rookie Marvin Bagley III, who sprained his left knee in Wednesday's loss to Milwaukee.

Monday's matchup comes exactly one year after the Kings needed a 3-pointer from Skal Labissiere (since dealt to Portland) with 1.6 seconds remaining to pull out a 102-99 home win over the Knicks.

In the Knicks, the Kings will see a team that was entirely uncompetitive in Los Angeles on Sunday. New York had to outscore mostly Clippers backups 61-46 in the second half just to make the final score somewhat respectable.

The poor performance came shortly after the Knicks presented Henry Ellenson with the good news that he'd be retained for the rest of the season.

Waived by the Pistons last month, Ellenson was impressive in a 10-day tryout with the club, scoring 13 points apiece against Orlando and Cleveland.

That was enough for the Knicks to sign the third-year pro to a contract that includes a team option for $1.6 million for next season.

"We all thought he came in the right way. He fit the way we wanted to do things," Fizdale said of the No. 18 pick of the 2016 draft. "Another young guy, another young first-rounder we want to mess around with and see if we can grow. He's already showing some real promise and really taking to what we're doing."

Ellenson did little to cushion the Knicks' fall on Sunday, recording five points and three rebounds in 15 minutes off the bench.

--Field Level Media

(STATS / cbssports.com)

Thanks, Rady.

Not going to be able to stay up to watch this game. Hard to argue anyone should still be watching this 50 loss and counting team play other than to see MRob play.

tiger0330

Legend
A loss tonight eliminates the Knicks from making the playoffs and will be the 6th consecutive year the Knicks haven't made the playoffs, one year short of the frankchise record of 7 years missing them. It's also the 5th year of losing more than 50 games a club record.

Last edited:

Kiyaman

Legend
Thanks for the Game-Thread Rady .. The Kings are playing .500 B.ball this season, and are hoping to go 15-5 in the remaining games for the playoff race.
Rookie Marvin Bagley III has been playing off the charts in his rookie season!
I was hoping to see Frank vs Fox in their 2nd season in the NBA.

tiger0330

Legend

gt.png

NYK.gif
at.png
SAC.gif

(13-50) -- (31-31)

VenueTVTIME
Golden 1 Center, Sacramento, CAMSG10:00 PM EST

Probable starters:

away.png
i
i
i
i
i

home.png
i
i
i
i
i

Injury Report

New York KnicksSacramento Kings
Frank Ntilikina - Sore groin (OUT)Marvin Bagley III - Left Knee Sprain (OUT)
DeAndre Jordan - Sprained left ankle (DOUBT)-
Mario Hezonja - Contused Left Leg (OUT)-
--

Game Preview

Still reeling in the wake of a critical home loss to the Los Angeles Clippers, the Sacramento Kings get a boost from the schedule-maker Monday when they face the New York Knicks for the first of two times in a six-day stretch.

The last-place Knicks get no such break Monday, facing a Western Conference playoff contender on the second day of a back-to-back, having been humiliated 128-107 by the Clippers in the opener of the double dip.

The Knicks trailed 82-46 at halftime in Los Angeles.

If there was a positive to be taken from the blowout, it was that coach David Fizdale was able to spread the minutes in the opener of the back-to-back. No Knick played more than 29 minutes.

Contrast that to the Kings, whose top four starters -- Bogdan Bogdanovic, Harrison Barnes, Buddy Hield and De'Aaron Fox -- averaged 37.6 minutes per player in the club's hard-fought losses to Milwaukee and the Clippers on Wednesday and Friday.

Hield did his best to put a positive spin on the damaging losses for a franchise seeking to end a 12-season playoff drought.

"We've got 20 more games," he noted to reporters. "It's not like it's the end of the world. We could go off and win five or six in a row and make this thing fun again. We're not done yet."

The Kings (31-31) have fallen three games out of the last playoff spot in the West, but the schedule sets up nicely for a bit of a run this week.

In between the two games against the Knicks, Sacramento will host Boston, which has lost five of six and will be playing the night after a showdown at Golden State.

The Kings will play at least the upcoming week without star rookie Marvin Bagley III, who sprained his left knee in Wednesday's loss to Milwaukee.

Monday's matchup comes exactly one year after the Kings needed a 3-pointer from Skal Labissiere (since dealt to Portland) with 1.6 seconds remaining to pull out a 102-99 home win over the Knicks.

In the Knicks, the Kings will see a team that was entirely uncompetitive in Los Angeles on Sunday. New York had to outscore mostly Clippers backups 61-46 in the second half just to make the final score somewhat respectable.

The poor performance came shortly after the Knicks presented Henry Ellenson with the good news that he'd be retained for the rest of the season.

Waived by the Pistons last month, Ellenson was impressive in a 10-day tryout with the club, scoring 13 points apiece against Orlando and Cleveland.

That was enough for the Knicks to sign the third-year pro to a contract that includes a team option for $1.6 million for next season.

"We all thought he came in the right way. He fit the way we wanted to do things," Fizdale said of the No. 18 pick of the 2016 draft. "Another young guy, another young first-rounder we want to mess around with and see if we can grow. He's already showing some real promise and really taking to what we're doing."

Ellenson did little to cushion the Knicks' fall on Sunday, recording five points and three rebounds in 15 minutes off the bench.

--Field Level Media

(STATS / cbssports.com)
I said Ellenson was going to come down to earth esp since they signed him to his new deal. Lol

Kiyaman

Legend
I believe Ellenson got the TANKING memo before signing ....

Half-Time .. Knicks 51 .. Kings 55
The Knicks talent wise has been even with the Kings in the first half of the game .. the Knick players are learning to score off the ball .. it's a shame Fiz dont let these guys run any plays other than a one- two dribble shoot system.

mafra

Legend
I wonder if they practice passing the ball. Man, can anybody on the knicks pass the rock? Watching some awful turnovers in the 3rd Q.

Kiyaman

Legend
In the Knick back to back games we did have some consistent scoring and rebounding from Trier & Vonleh in both games.
Trier 29 pts, 8 rbs tonite ....

tiger0330

Legend
PHX beat (stunned) the Bucks tonight making us the team with the worst record in the NBA. Big game in PHX Wed in the battle of two tanking teams.

Have to believe a team that can roll out Booker, Tyler Johnson, Oubre and Ayton will beat us.

Last edited:
PHX beat (stunned) the Bucks tonight making us the team with the worst record in the NBA. Big game in PHX Wed in the battle of two tanking teams.

Have to believe a team that can roll out Booker, Tyler Johnson, Oubre and Ayton will beat us.

I could see us winning this game. We have a pretty great history of late season tank sabotage.

Kiyaman

Legend

Phoenix will have a helluv a roster to beat next season if they win the ZION race on draft night, plus sign a star FA in July !!!

The Clippers & Kings beat our SORRY head coach Fizdale poor-ss coaching system .. later for all the rhetoric we need to hire Mark Jackson ASAP !!!
It would be a crying shame if the Knicks are the number 1 bottom team on draft night and receive the #3 or #4 lottery pick !!!

Kiyaman

Legend
we were eliminated the day they hired plop..plop...fizz...fizzz...

So-so True !!!
The plop plop Fiz Fizz fits well for the Knicks So-Call 2018-19 young-core development season LMFAO
It happen to be a nice coincidence, when the NBA President Silvers change the NBA system for TANKING lottery teams a month after the Knicks hired the ex-Memphis Grizz Tank-Tank head coach David Fizdale !!!