Game thread: New York Knicks @ Phoenix Suns 7:00 3/6/2019 [Game #65]

tiger0330

Legend
Unreal that they still have no clue about when Ntilikina is coming back. Wally and Hahn said after hearing that it's important they get him on the floor this season to see if he can develop chemistry with DSJ and to get something done this season so he can build on it for next season.

Fizdale with his typical BS, I'm not letting up on them, we're going to go back to the gym work on it and get it right.

mafra

Legend
Unreal that they still have no clue about when Ntilikina is coming back. Wally and Hahn said after hearing that it's important they get him on the floor this season to see if he can develop chemistry with DSJ and to get something done this season so he can build on it for next season.

Fizdale with his typical BS, I'm not letting up on them, we're going to go back to the gym work on it and get it right.

I was just thinking the same thing. Where the hell is the dude?

Perry and Fiz come here and blow it all up... we had a young franchise talent, albeit injury-prone; a young defensive stalwart, a lottery pick, a young Timmy and Kanter... we thought we had a foundation, no?

With the KP injury, we felt like the lottery pick and Knits could spend a year gaining valuable experience being top dawgs... preparing them to help KP next year... we knew we were probably heading towards another top 10 pick, which was fine bc it would help. We had cap space... Perry and Fiz were supposedly connected...

I mean, as early as mid DEC I had hope and faith in the future for this team... finally.

Now? Geez... I don?t know.

KP is gone. Kanter and Timmy are gone. Knits probably next. We have Noah on the books for years (still don?t know why we rushed to stretch him)...

Knox has shown little that he will be ready in 2-3 years. DSJ just looks like another average guy... this draft is weak...

We basically have Mitchell Robinson. That?s it.
Fast forward to Mid July... if we fall out of top 3 and don?t hit HR in free agency... this team will be rotten for YEARS to come.

And, let?s be frank, KD/KI are talented dudes.
Top 10 players. But both feel like bad mixes here in NY. I mean, the only hope they would have is if they came here and won immediately... but, if they fell short and stumble... it will get ugly quickly.

So, It figures, NY will get Zion, KD, and KI and still it won?t help. Zion will be lance stephenson... and RJ the next MJ... KD ages quickly and Kyrie hurt.

So, where?s the silver lining?

Knicks can pile up as many as 69 losses by the end of the season. Suns can now max out at 67 losses and Cavs can max out at 66 losses. Bulls can get to 63 losses.

We could win 2 of our last 17 games and as long as the Suns don?t finish out with a 16 game losing streak, then we?d still finish with the worst record in the NBA.

paris401

Starter
We could win 2 of our last 17 games and as long as the Suns don’t finish out with a 16 game losing streak, then we’d still finish with the worst record in the NBA.

there ya go... i knew we had something to play for this season...

Kiyaman

Legend

Did the Knicks coach Fizdale's 9 man rotation lose last night game vs the 15-51 Phoenix Suns? YES!
What players in last night rotation are KEEPERS? Well the 3 rookies are keepers, the 2nd season Dotson & DSJ are keepers, and veterans DJ and Vonleh are keepers.

Stop all the bloodclot crying bout Frank, we dont need Frank & Kadeem to be a part of Fizdale foolishness the rest of the season.
We need a fresh Frank and Kadeem to become the Knicks winning starter back-court tandem under a new head coach next season. Frank's talent and depth are a multi-position player to perform at 3 position next season, hopefully the mismanagement Knicks dont trade Block-Party MitchRob in the offseason, plus select a needed 2-Way player from the draft, and resign the 30 yr veteran DJ to mentor MitchRob throughout a 82 game season. And go full speed at signing FA Kawhi .. plus sign a decent pass-first FA PG in Collison, or Rondo, or Beverley, or the dynamic Terry Rozier. But NO signing a shoot-shoot first Kyrie !!!

tiger0330

Legend
Breen talking about Knox and Fiz wanting him to play through his struggles so he probably won't cut his playing time but it's just as important to evaluate Nits. I think Knox might benefit with an extended period on the bench, might recharge his battery there and learn something watching and not playing.

Wasted season with him. Didn't improve from last year and still has all those questions surrounding him. If he comes back this season they should cut Knox's playing time and give them to Nits.
If you haven't seen it Posting and Toasting wrote a devastatingly critical article on Kevin Knox rookie performance and stats. I was aware of his poor RPM numbers because I've posted them but I didn't have the historical context of them being the worst in NBA history of anyone playing 20 minutes or more. He's a very young rookie and he's in a hole but how many rookies have dug themselves out of a hole to eventually become good players?

I question Fiz continuing giving him starters minutes because he's not improving, Fiz must be aware of these numbers and it makes me question him as a coach and worry about the bust potential of Knox.

https://www.postingandtoasting.com/...-historically-bad-heres-the-stats-to-prove-it

Last edited:
NBA player development is so different now. You draft players based on size and athleticism and not on actual accomplishments. You then try to teach them how to actually play the game in the NBA.

Knox has great size and athleticism for a combo forward. His decision making and court awareness are bad. He needs to be coached up, by whatever means necessary. I am by no means giving up on this kid.

This offseason is huge for Knox. Guys don?t get 3 or 4 seasons to figure it out. Even lottery picks get thrown to the scrap heap after 2 seasons if they don?t start putting it together.

Kiyaman

Legend
We could win 2 of our last 17 games and as long as the Suns don’t finish out with a 16 game losing streak, then we’d still finish with the worst record in the NBA.

Last season before Silvers change the rule for TANKING teams .. the Knicks would've had to go 2-15 the remainder of the season for the 1st to 3rd pick
Now the Knicks could win 5 of the remaining games (after losing to Suns) and still have a equal chance at the 1st to 3rd pick LMFAO

Kiyaman

Legend
If you haven't seen it Posting and Toasting wrote a devastatingly critical article on Kevin Knox rookie performance and stats. I was aware of his poor RPM numbers because I've posted them but I didn't have the historical context of them being the worst in NBA history of anyone playing 20 minutes or more. He's a very young rookie and he's in a hole but how many rookies have dug themselves out of a hole to eventually become good players?

I question Fiz continuing giving him starters minutes because he's not improving, Fiz must be aware of these numbers and it makes me question him as a coach and worry about the bust potential of Knox.

https://www.postingandtoasting.com/...-historically-bad-heres-the-stats-to-prove-it

Knox poor preseason performance told the story ....
Knox hit the rookie WALL early January. to become Fizdale's #1 tool player to keep the TANKING at full speed.
The poorer Knox played the more playing time he received, but it did put a stop to coach Fizdale foolish substitution, plus changing the starter lineup and rotation every week.

Last edited: