Game thread: New York Knicks vs MN Timberwolves 8:00 PM 3/10/2019 [Game #67]

tiger0330

Legend
Wow, Phoenix knocks off Golden State. Now, the most losses either Phoenix or Cleveland can reach is 66. We can reach as many as 69 losses. If this team goes 2 - 13 or worse over the last 15 games, regardless of what anyone else does, we will have the worst record and a guaranteed top 5 pick.

Stunning loss. Got beat at Oracle with their vaunted AS lineup all playing. They have lost some games recently w/o guys in the lineup like Klay but this loss is a shocker.

mafra

Legend
Wow, Phoenix knocks off Golden State. Now, the most losses either Phoenix or Cleveland can reach is 66. We can reach as many as 69 losses. If this team goes 2 - 13 or worse over the last 15 games, regardless of what anyone else does, we will have the worst record and a guaranteed top 5 pick.

Just figured... the year they change things is the year Knicks get screwed. Any other year, NY would have 25% chance at 1st pick. Not this year... drop that down to 14%.

And I do get it, that NBA doesn?t want to reward tanking... but, in this case, the change is hurting a team who wasn?t ?tanking?.

Let?s look at the situation last summer.... Knicks franchise player was hurt and was gonna miss most of this season. They had enough space to sign 1 max guy. Free agents don?t come here lately... and... after spending 70 mil in Timmy before... Knicks were preserving space to prepare for this year?s free agent crop.

So, what did NBA want NY to do? Instead of signing vets to 1 year deals, they rolled dice in former lottery picks... hoping to build for the future.

None of the decent vets wanted to come play for a loser...

Anyway, just sucks Knicks are the team getting punished for what teams like Philly did.

Without KP, this was gonna be a rough year regardless. So, now after enduring that crap year, we don?t even get to benefit from the losing. This isn?t fair, but such is life...

Did Fiz finagle lineups to urge the tank? I hope so, otherwise he is a bad coach (if this is the result of him trying to win games). But, again, Knicks didn?t want to tank this season... they were forced to after the KP injury. It many teams, if you remove their top star, will have a successful season.

Now, is this mute bc as bad as this season was, maybe we could?ve fought harder and if we did... we probably don?t have the worst record... but, come on, how many wins could this team had won anyway if all went best case scenario?

Just figured... the year they change things is the year Knicks get screwed. Any other year, NY would have 25% chance at 1st pick. Not this year... drop that down to 14%.

And I do get it, that NBA doesn?t want to reward tanking... but, in this case, the change is hurting a team who wasn?t ?tanking?.

Let?s look at the situation last summer.... Knicks franchise player was hurt and was gonna miss most of this season. They had enough space to sign 1 max guy. Free agents don?t come here lately... and... after spending 70 mil in Timmy before... Knicks were preserving space to prepare for this year?s free agent crop.

So, what did NBA want NY to do? Instead of signing vets to 1 year deals, they rolled dice in former lottery picks... hoping to build for the future.

None of the decent vets wanted to come play for a loser...

Anyway, just sucks Knicks are the team getting punished for what teams like Philly did.

Without KP, this was gonna be a rough year regardless. So, now after enduring that crap year, we don?t even get to benefit from the losing. This isn?t fair, but such is life...

Did Fiz finagle lineups to urge the tank? I hope so, otherwise he is a bad coach (if this is the result of him trying to win games). But, again, Knicks didn?t want to tank this season... they were forced to after the KP injury. It many teams, if you remove their top star, will have a successful season.

Now, is this mute bc as bad as this season was, maybe we could?ve fought harder and if we did... we probably don?t have the worst record... but, come on, how many wins could this team had won anyway if all went best case scenario?

It?s a bummer with the new draft odds, but I?m going to try to not let it bum me out. Our odds of getting Zion are small. What we do have to look forward to is an approximately 40% chance of getting Zion, RJ Barrett, or Ja Morant. We have a slightly greater than 50% chance of getting one of those 3 guys or the 4th stud prospect who I think is going to emerge between now and the draft. All that fails, if we stay at the worst record, we have a 100% chance of failing no farther than the 5th pick.

This draft has had 3 stud prospects in it for a long time. I have faith that at least 2 more top prospects are going to solidify themselves between now and the draft in May.

tiger0330

Legend
May 14 can't come soon enough. Please don't have Mills anywhere near the event he's snake bitten, I want Perry up there when they announce the results.

mafra

Legend
May 14 can't come soon enough. Please don't have Mills anywhere near the event he's snake bitten, I want Perry up there when they announce the results.

Suns, who beat MIL and GSW recently, is a lock to get a top 3 pick. Silver will make it happen. Will NBA save NY and grant Knicks a top 3 pick? CLE probably needs it more, bc Knicks print money... we?ll see.

Kiyaman

Legend
Suns, who beat MIL and GSW recently, is a lock to get a top 3 pick. Silver will make it happen. Will NBA save NY and grant Knicks a top 3 pick? CLE probably needs it more, bc Knicks print money... we’ll see.

After Dolan foolishness toward a Knick fan, plus the Oakley situation, Silvers aftermath will make Dolan want to sell the team.
Dolan's action has stopped any star FA from signing on as a Knick in the offseason !!!

mafra

Legend
It?s being reported that Dolan was one of the reasons Kerr backed out of his deal...
Knicks are 300 games under .500 last 18 years. They?ve won 1 playoff series... have what? 3 playoff appearances?

Free agents won?t come here... media policy fosters a toxic environment...

The dude is charitable... spends the money... but it?s obvious now that this team won?t win under his ownership. Sucks for us fans.

It?s been a rough go under Dolan, that?s for sure. I think he wants this team to win. He needs to figure out what role he can play to make this happen. He has nothing to gain by getting into it with fans who don?t have 1/10000 his money, even if he feels he is justified. As the owner, he should be a positive factor in negotiations with free agents, not a negative one.

tiger0330

Legend
It’s being reported that Dolan was one of the reasons Kerr backed out of his deal...
Knicks are 300 games under .500 last 18 years. They’ve won 1 playoff series... have what? 3 playoff appearances?

Free agents won’t come here... media policy fosters a toxic environment...

The dude is charitable... spends the money... but it’s obvious now that this team won’t win under his ownership. Sucks for us fans.
Another thing is he's tight with Trump and we know how players feel about Trump. One thing positive about Dolan though is his all Afro-American mgt team and his seeming fairness in minority hiring.