i got a problem w/this

Skyhi300

Benchwarmer
i know there is already a topic on the possible Webber/Houston trade, i just wanna give my input. Honesly i kinda like H20 to wanna see him go, maybe if they could do it for like Tim and Kurt or something i'd take it because lets face it they don't seem to be doing much for the team.

AUBURN HILLS - As tomorrow's trade deadline approaches, there is no conceivable deal that can do for the Knicks what Rasheed Wallace did for the Pistons last season. There are still deals being conceived, however.
Rumors abound that the Knicks are in the running for a number of players, including Sacramento's Chris Webber. The Knicks are also said to be interested in Atlanta's Antoine Walker and Toronto's Donyell Marshall, who continues to draw interest because of his friendly, soon-to-expire contract.

Webber's pact is anything like that. His injury problems make him a huge risk for any team that might acquire him - especially the the Knicks, who would have $110 million tied up in two aging stars coming off microfracture knee surgery.

Webber (averaging 21 points and 10 rebounds) has recovered better thus far than Allan Houston. Still, trading for him would be a major departure from comments Isiah Thomas has made about being wary of acquiring injury-plagued veterans with big contracts.

A deal would also be difficult to work, since the Knicks don't have much the Kings would want. Kurt Thomas, who will ring the opening bell at the New York Stock Exchange this morning, is a trade candidate as always because of his skills and reasonable contract, but the Knicks might have to get a third team involved to make the numbers match up.

As for Marshall, a straight-up deal would be tough because his salary is so relatively low ($5 million). Making a larger deal would likely involve taking on Jalen Rose, something the Knicks are somewhat reluctant to do.

NYKnicks15

Starter
I have a problem with two things. Why are we bringing back topics that have no point anymore. ex. Mutumbo. The past is the past and we need to work on the future. and that my friends leads me into my next problem. Chris Webber. I understand H20 that you have a thing for Allan Houston. But c'mon. You wouldnt trade Allan Houston who cant make it off the bench for Chris Webber whos been scoring double doubles almost every night?

Kurt Thomas and Tim Thomas arent doing much for the team?! Combined they score an avg of 22 ppg, 13 rpg, 4 apg, and 57 mpg. Ive seem to forgotten how many ppg, rpg, apg, and mpg Allan has given us in the past two years.

I like Allan and I cant take away what he has done for the team. Please dont mention the shot in Miami it gets really old. Hes been there for us, hes a incredible pure shooter etc. BUT its time to move on. If this trade is possible DO IT. Tell me one good reason we shouldnt?? Anytime you can get one great overpaid healthy starting player for one good overpaid unhealthy IL player DO IT. Why give up two guys for one if we DO have the chance to get one for one especially if its Chris Webber were getting and Allan Houston were getting rid of.

By doing this we still have Kurt Thomas. Tim Thomas. Penny Hardaway and Vins, Moochies, contracts to use as bait in the offseason. if you want whats best for the team youd want this all personal feelings aside. We lose nothing in retrospect and get a starter. With all our good bait still intact....now I love Stephon Marbury as I have said in the past. But if Cleveland wanted him for some weird reason for LeBron James id do it...its all about whats best for the team.

Peach_NYK_21

Starter
Only The Knicks said:
H20 - I agree that TT isnt't doing anything good for the team but KT is - and what is Houston doing? Huh? Tell me.

helping bruno learn english on the bench? :shrug:

also, TT, and KT are untouchables now that they are the tallest guys on the team with the trades done.