Game thread: New York Knicks vs. Utah Jazz 7:30 3/20/2019 [Game #72]

tiger0330

Legend
Guys out is the problem. Starting 5 scoring all the points, only one other Knick MRob with 4 pts has scored. 74-47 Jazz at the half. Not sure when Vonleh DSJ are expected back but we're not winning any more games without more scoring.

tiger0330

Legend
Guys out is the problem. Starting 5 scoring all the points, only one other Knick MRob with 4 pts has scored. 74-47 Jazz at the half. Not sure when Vonleh DSJ are expected back but we're not winning any more games without more scoring.
Forgot to mention Kadeem and Trier are out. Nits may play FRI after the Knicks THU practice.

tiger0330

Legend
The 74 pts given up in the half is the second most points to the 82 they gave up to the Clips this season. I would expect when the starters get tired in the 4th they may give up 160 by the end.

Kiyaman

Legend
Donovan Mitchell's super-star 2-Way performance should've been the first pick in his draft class ..
Mitchell gives the Jazz an entire different winning look !!!

tiger0330

Legend
I was watching the Rox/Hawks game and that PnR game Capella and Harden or CP3 and Capella is a real weapon. Fiz should do the same with MRob/DJ and DSJ/Mudiay, MRob has that same potential and DJ did it for years with CP3, makes you wonder about Fiz as a coach. No system except having guys jacking up jumpers.

We have 89 points and 45 of them are from Knox and Hezonja.

Cavs won tonight. Our path to the guaranteed top 5 pick remains pretty clear considering how bad we are playing and how much better the Suns, Cavs, and Bulls have all played in this last month.

tiger0330

Legend
Reading there's still a chance Nits might not play FRI. He was cleared yesterday to play but he didn't feel comfortable playing saying he wanted more five on five practice before stepping on the floor. He and the medical staff will make a determination after the practice tomorrow. Poor little fragile Frank, does his boo-boo hurt, maybe Coach Fizdale can kiss it and make it all better. I can't wait until they deal Frenchie.

tiger0330

Legend
The 74 pts given up in the half is the second most points to the 82 they gave up to the Clips this season. I would expect when the starters get tired in the 4th they may give up 160 by the end.
Only reason they didn't give up 160 is Snyder put in the scrubs the entire 4th qtr. Fizdale a defensive coach my ass.

We were a better defensive team with Hornacek having a defensive rating of 111.6 good for 22nd. This year 114.08 good for 27th. :mad:

Last edited:
I?m starting to come back around on Fizdale. I used the example before of Brett Brown, a coach who was asked to tank and did it successfully, so it?s not fair to judge their coaching on a tank season.

If Fizdale was asked to tank, then who knows what he can really do as a head coach.

On the other hand, I am encouraged by our young players under Fizdale. MRob is a future star in this league. Knox is starting to show improvement again and Fizdale gets points for getting Lebron to give him advice after that last Knicks/Lakers game. Mudiay improved significantly early in the season before injury derailed everything. I?m interested to see what Fizdale can do with DSJ. Dotson and Trier aren?t great, but they have also done better than expected under Fizdale this year.

Most importantly to me, players seem to like Fizdale and should be okay with playing for him. No one wanted to come play for Hornacek or Fisher.

The only player who didn?t seem to want to play for Fizdale was KP, but I bet we see just hard KP is to keep happy this coming season in Dallas.

Last edited:

paris401

Starter
we lose by 30 or 20, show zero effort ... n not just this game... fukin dolan should be embarrassed to be selling tickets to this less then AAU squad ... n u think any tier 1 FA will want to sign here... zion of no zion we aint signing no 1st tier FA...

tiger0330

Legend
Reading there's still a chance Nits might not play FRI. He was cleared yesterday to play but he didn't feel comfortable playing saying he wanted more five on five practice before stepping on the floor. He and the medical staff will make a determination after the practice tomorrow. Poor little fragile Frank, does his boo-boo hurt, maybe Coach Fizdale can kiss it and make it all better. I can't wait until they deal Frenchie.
Knicks didn't have enough guys for a 5 on 5 practice so Frank is questionable for FRI. He says he wants to play bball badly but I doubt it, his hesitancy to come back is going to get him traded for sure if Perry can sell someone on our French Prince.

Last edited:
Knicks didn't have enough guys for a 5 on 5 practice so Frank is questionable for FRI. He says he wants to play bball badly but I doubt it, his hesitancy to come back is going to get him traded for sure if Perry can sell someone on our French Prince.

Is this driven by Ntilikina or by management? Either way, this has become a bizarre match between the 2. Trading Ntilikina will be easy given that he is still on his rookie deal like DSJ. Getting anything of value in return will be very difficult.

paris401

Starter
Is this driven by Ntilikina or by management? Either way, this has become a bizarre match between the 2. Trading Ntilikina will be easy given that he is still on his rookie deal like DSJ. Getting anything of value in return will be very difficult.

a turd is worth what a turd is worth..

tiger0330

Legend
Maybe I'm being a little hard on Nits after reading Fiz may be the one keeping Nits out. As an aside Trey Young has appeared in all 73 games the Hawks have played displaying durability and toughness for someone so slight of build. Nitilikina on the other hand has missed games from the day we drafted him.