Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 33
  1. #16
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    6,821
    Rep Power
    17

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mafra View Post
    Even tho Frank wasn’t the main PG while on the floor, he still had a 5:0 assists:turnover ratio (to Mudiay’s 4:3).

    Frank also posted best +/- of the game...
    I still want Ntilikina to succeed too, but the other side of the story is that he only scored 5 points in 25 minutes shooting 1 for 6 from the floor.

  2. #17
    Veteran mafra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    7,655
    Rep Power
    22

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by htr10 View Post
    I still want Ntilikina to succeed too, but the other side of the story is that he only scored 5 points in 25 minutes shooting 1 for 6 from the floor.
    I prefer a guy shooting 1-6 for 5 than a guy chucking 20 shots to reach 19 points.

    With guys like DSJ and Knox, you need guys like Knits and MRob. Somebody has to pass and play defense.

    While I’m not buying stock in Knits/Knox future... I understand they’re both young. At least for Frank, he seems to want to
    Be a team player and he does have an NBA skill — defensive prowess.

    This doesn’t mean I wouldn’t trade him tomorrow...

  3. #18
    12th man
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    11,508
    Rep Power
    29

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mafra View Post
    I prefer a guy shooting 1-6 for 5 than a guy chucking 20 shots to reach 19 points.

    With guys like DSJ and Knox, you need guys like Knits and MRob. Somebody has to pass and play defense.

    While I’m not buying stock in Knits/Knox future... I understand they’re both young. At least for Frank, he seems to want to
    Be a team player and he does have an NBA skill — defensive prowess.

    This doesn’t mean I wouldn’t trade him tomorrow...

    I would'nt trade Frank until after a season under head-coach Mark Jackson or head-coach Jason Kidd, then Frank's NBA value would be star-status value. In the remaining games would like to see Fiz play a lineup of Frank, Kadeem, Trier, Vonleh, and MitchRob a lot.

    Hopefully, next season David Fizdale and Mudiay will not be Knicks !!!

  4. #19
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    6,821
    Rep Power
    17

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kiyaman View Post
    I would'nt trade Frank until after a season under head-coach Mark Jackson or head-coach Jason Kidd, then Frank's NBA value would be star-status value. In the remaining games would like to see Fiz play a lineup of Frank, Kadeem, Trier, Vonleh, and MitchRob a lot.

    Hopefully, next season David Fizdale and Mudiay will not be Knicks !!!
    I can say with 100% certainty that Fizdale is this team’s coach to start next season.

  5. #20
    12th man
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    10,729
    Rep Power
    29

    Default

    Nits looks like the same player pre-injury, too much to expect that a guy coming off a 2 months layoff is all of a sudden going to show you enough in a few games to make a determination about his future. Best the Knicks can hope for in the remaining games is to showcase him in the hope someone thinks he has enough potential to offer a first round pick for him. I for one don't have much faith in a guy that should have had massive improvement because he's 20 in his second year as a pro.

  6. #21
    Veteran mafra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    7,655
    Rep Power
    22

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tiger0330 View Post
    Nits looks like the same player pre-injury, too much to expect that a guy coming off a 2 months layoff is all of a sudden going to show you enough in a few games to make a determination about his future. Best the Knicks can hope for in the remaining games is to showcase him in the hope someone thinks he has enough potential to offer a first round pick for him. I for one don't have much faith in a guy that should have had massive improvement because he's 20 in his second year as a pro.
    Bruce Bowen didn’t crack the 5 ppg mark until his age 28 season.

  7. #22
    12th man
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    10,729
    Rep Power
    29

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mafra View Post
    Bruce Bowen didn’t crack the 5 ppg mark until his age 28 season.
    The Knicks are not waiting on Ntilikina until he's 28. He has the summer and training camp to make the front office and coaching staff say "Ntilikina has really improved over the summer". Knicks have until the day before the season opener to pick up his 4th yr option but I think the decision has been made to move on from him before then.

  8. #23
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    2,460
    Rep Power
    17

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by htr10 View Post
    I can say with 100% certainty that Fizdale is this team’s coach to start next season.
    AGREE.. dont see plop-plop-fizz-fizz getting canned so quickly....

  9. #24
    Veteran mafra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    7,655
    Rep Power
    22

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tiger0330 View Post
    The Knicks are not waiting on Ntilikina until he's 28. He has the summer and training camp to make the front office and coaching staff say "Ntilikina has really improved over the summer". Knicks have until the day before the season opener to pick up his 4th yr option but I think the decision has been made to move on from him before then.
    I get the sense the organization has already given up on him; perhaps they did so right after drafting him. Dolan said Phil was fired right after making the selection, in part for taking Frank.

    Perry, Fiz, Mills, Dolan all seem ambivalent to Nits, which makes you wonder why he wasn’t dealt when they had the chance.

    Why was Fiz adamant about coaching up Mudiay but not so much Frank?

    I agree that we aren’t waiting another 8 years for Frank... we probably are done with him already.

    But, would it surprise me for Frank to end up in a SA situation, develop a consistent 3, while moving the ball and playing solid defense, and being a cog in some championship machine? No, not really.

    The kid is coachable, only 20/21, and wants to make the right play. There’s something in there, but this .org won’t polish it out of him.

  10. #25
    12th man
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    10,729
    Rep Power
    29

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mafra View Post
    I get the sense the organization has already given up on him; perhaps they did so right after drafting him. Dolan said Phil was fired right after making the selection, in part for taking Frank.

    Perry, Fiz, Mills, Dolan all seem ambivalent to Nits, which makes you wonder why he wasn’t dealt when they had the chance.

    Why was Fiz adamant about coaching up Mudiay but not so much Frank?

    I agree that we aren’t waiting another 8 years for Frank... we probably are done with him already.

    But, would it surprise me for Frank to end up in a SA situation, develop a consistent 3, while moving the ball and playing solid defense, and being a cog in some championship machine? No, not really.

    The kid is coachable, only 20/21, and wants to make the right play. There’s something in there, but this .org won’t polish it out of him.
    I watched the Rox/Spurs and I was thinking maybe we could talk them into trading either Forbes or White for Nits given how much they like Euros there and Murray coming back next year. I'm sure Pop could develop Frank more than the Knicks could/would.

  11. #26
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    5,096
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mafra View Post
    Even tho Frank wasn’t the main PG while on the floor, he still had a 5:0 assists:turnover ratio (to Mudiay’s 4:3).

    Frank also posted best +/- of the game...

    Did you know that Mudiay best Knits in most stats this season, practically dead even on Ast/TO ratio? This is what his apologists have been doing all yr bouncing stat-to-stat trying to justify his ability to be held on to. Anyone can google the season as a whole instead of cherry picking games and stats within a game which would eventually lead one to no mans land

    +/- is a garbage stat we've been there done that this season already. Kevin Knox is by far the worst on the team collectively and Trier/Dotson are also amongst the worst on the team

    I will say last half of the 4th qrt Mudiay wasn't good AT ALL besides his ball movement, but if Mr. GINGER could ever play more than a month of basketball without getting a hangnail maybe just maybe we wouldn't be relying on Mudiay so much. With that being said without Mudiay's play for 3qrts we would have got blown out by the Clippers today
    Last edited by Broadway; Mar 24, 2019 at 17:51.

  12. #27
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    5,096
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mafra View Post
    I prefer a guy shooting 1-6 for 5 than a guy chucking 20 shots to reach 19 points.

    With guys like DSJ and Knox, you need guys like Knits and MRob. Somebody has to pass and play defense.

    While I’m not buying stock in Knits/Knox future... I understand they’re both young. At least for Frank, he seems to want to
    Be a team player and he does have an NBA skill — defensive prowess.

    This doesn’t mean I wouldn’t trade him tomorrow...
    You must can stand Knox then oh and btw this would fall under the PPS stat...did you know Mudiay is towards the upper half on the team in PPS?

    Did you know all of Knox, DSJ, Knits, Dotson are all below him? Maf if you'd like a link to look up team stats in depth I can drop a good site to do so

  13. #28
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    5,096
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tiger0330 View Post
    Nits looks like the same player pre-injury, too much to expect that a guy coming off a 2 months layoff is all of a sudden going to show you enough in a few games to make a determination about his future. Best the Knicks can hope for in the remaining games is to showcase him in the hope someone thinks he has enough potential to offer a first round pick for him. I for one don't have much faith in a guy that should have had massive improvement because he's 20 in his second year as a pro.
    Actually if we buy the bill of goods that was sold to us concerning Knits he has far more experience as a professional right? Isn't this the get when talking about overseas prospects who play professionally or is this an oversell. Luka has looked better than advertised and many doubted him to be rated such a high prospect...he's younger too. Knits doesn't even look like rotation player at times

  14. #29
    Veteran mafra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    7,655
    Rep Power
    22

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Broadway View Post
    You must can stand Knox then oh and btw this would fall under the PPS stat...did you know Mudiay is towards the upper half on the team in PPS?

    Did you know all of Knox, DSJ, Knits, Dotson are all below him? Maf if you'd like a link to look up team stats in depth I can drop a good site to do so
    Always appreciate a good link.

    I’m not “felling it” for either Knox or Knits. The only thing they have going for them is they are young and both possess a viable NBA skill set. Nits can defend and Knox can score.

    I give them both a pass, a bit, bc the organization is a complete disaster. I mean, I wonder what their growth looks like if they can play reserve next 3 years, if Kyrie, KD, and Zion arrive.

    If you ask me, personally, I trade Knox and Knits for Ja Murrant.

    To me, I go back to musicians... lots of folks can be in tune and make music, but if you lack that magnetism... there ain’t a star in there.

    Nits and Knox are limited bc they lack that competitive ferver... that utter disdain for failure. To me, they’re just talented guys who are content playing in the NBA. If that doesn’t change, they’re nothing more than a dime a dozen gents, who may possibly post a career year but nothing more.

  15. #30
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    5,096
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mafra View Post
    Always appreciate a good link.

    I’m not “felling it” for either Knox or Knits. The only thing they have going for them is they are young and both possess a viable NBA skill set. Nits can defend and Knox can score.

    I give them both a pass, a bit, bc the organization is a complete disaster. I mean, I wonder what their growth looks like if they can play reserve next 3 years, if Kyrie, KD, and Zion arrive.

    If you ask me, personally, I trade Knox and Knits for Ja Murrant.

    To me, I go back to musicians... lots of folks can be in tune and make music, but if you lack that magnetism... there ain’t a star in there.

    Nits and Knox are limited bc they lack that competitive ferver... that utter disdain for failure. To me, they’re just talented guys who are content playing in the NBA. If that doesn’t change, they’re nothing more than a dime a dozen gents, who may possibly post a career year but nothing more.
    Ja is the real deal. I haven't spoke on him much but I did say a while back he's so good we just may have to consider drafting a guard again. He has the IT factor the desire not to make it, or be be good, not even great...but possibly one of the best ever.

    Knox and Knits motors are low and quite frankly both are limited. Whatever upgrade we may acquire via free agency or draft most player are going to look good playing alongside them so that isn't saying much. Yeah some players might appear to be better fits playing with others but with Elite Talent this can be overstated at times

    Take for instance Brandon Ingram played some of his best ball this season when Lebron was out of the lineup or resting, he struggled early in the season with him. Hart looked much better last yr without Lebron. Tatum and Brown took a step back this yr for the Celtics playing more games with Kyrie and Hayward. James Harden went absolutely ape without CP3...it really just depends and there has to be good balance between players improving on their own and "coaching"

    Rebecca Harlow said Mudiay and Hezonja are some of the hardest working Knicks on the team players thought to be the true tankers but when both were out via DNPs and injury this team was still losing games at an alarming rate. There was plenty time for others to step up their game, it never happened.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 34
    Last Post: Jan 02, 2019, 17:46
  2. Replies: 56
    Last Post: Jan 26, 2018, 10:41
  3. Replies: 55
    Last Post: Oct 31, 2017, 19:15
  4. Replies: 33
    Last Post: Aug 31, 2017, 02:49
  5. Replies: 30
    Last Post: Dec 19, 2016, 20:16

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •