Game thread: New York Knicks vs Los Angeles Clippers 3/24/2019

tiger0330

Legend
Thanks Rady. Clips are one of the WC teams tied for spots 5-7 in the WC. They should be tough not wanting to give one away.

tiger0330

Legend
Not exactly PnR but Fiz needs to get DJ and MRob more involved in the offense. Both guys excellent at the alley oop.

Another early Sunday game against a West Coast team. Schedulers set us up nicely in the month of March, but we have yet to capitalize on any of these matchups. Clippers on their way to keeping the trend going.

Doc Rivers talking pregame about being the other team making the 2 max contract pitch this offseason. Knicks have virtually no history of landing big free agents, but Clippers historically are just as bad.

If you are a free agent, you have to wonder about joining a team like the Clippers that is already a playoff team, but traded their best player before the deadline to ensure cap space for the offseason. Do I think the Clippers were going to win a championship this year? No. But, still, they had a chance to make a run and they basically threw it away.

Something that confuses me is how the Clippers have 2 max free agent spots this offseason. They still have Galinari?s 20+ million on the books for next season, as well as multiple additional deals. They have 17 million more on the books than we do for next season.

Another interesting note is that their main target is likely Kawhi Leonard, while ours is KD. Irving has been linked to us. Who knows with Jimmy Butler? Could end not competing over the same guys because of Coast preferences.

tiger0330

Legend
Competitive game sparked by DJ play under the basket and Mudiay hot 2nd qtr scoring 14 pts. KK left the floor with an ankle sprain coming down on Beverly foot on a jumper. Pat not called for a foul being in KK landing area. He limped back to the locker room, I would not expect him back. 69-59 Clips at the half.

tiger0330

Legend
I'm sure his fans have an explanation for his SOFFNESS! Yet we heard all the noise from them why he was being held out so long

He's a SG that can't shoot. When Mudiay went to the bench, Kadeem took over the PG spot. Dotson is a better SG and so is Trier so where does he fit. He's an overrated defender in my book also

jimkcchief88

All Star
Didn?t realize we had the early game watching Iowa comeback from 25 against Tennessee. Knicks hanging around with Mudiay balling. KK out along with DSjr and Trier need Mudiay/Dot to bring us home in this one

Ntilikina?s 3 biggest defenders on here have been me, mafra, and Kiya. I?ve more or less given up on him having any future as a Knick. Mafra is still holding out hope, but has said he would trade him tomorrow if we could get any decent kind of return. Kiya is still beating the Ntilikina drum, but I think it has more to do with hating the rest of our roster than anything else.

The true stout Ntilikina defenders must be on another forum or something.

tiger0330

Legend
Fiz rightfully complaining about that charge on Kadeem. Harrell sliding into Kadeem. Fiz yelling NO so everyone in the Garden could hear him.

When we made the Melo trade in 2011, I wonder how many people thought that Melo would be out of the league 8 years later while Galinari is still putting up 20 point games and hitting open 3s against us in the 4th quarter.