Game thread: New York Knicks vs Los Angeles Clippers 3/24/2019

tiger0330

Legend
Failure to execute down the stretch. Bad pass by DJ to Mudiay and several 3s not defended in the 4th will lose you a close game. Clips now up 7 111-104 3 mins left.

Loss number 60 on the road to 68. We can win up to 2 of our remaining 8 games and still finish with a guaranteed top 5 pick even if Phoenix loses out.

tiger0330

Legend
Good game despite the loss. The boys competed until the final minutes despite being even more shorthanded coming into the game. Biggest surprise is Ntilikina going out with the sore groin playing only 7 minutes in 1st gear.

Broadway

All Star
He's a SG that can't shoot. When Mudiay went to the bench, Kadeem took over the PG spot. Dotson is a better SG and so is Trier so where does he fit. He's an overrated defender in my book also

Comes down to him and Knox, I said this a couple mos back. He's either a SF or nothing at this point. With new blood coming into the league next yr he'll fall behind some in teams willing to give him a significant role on their team to reach whatever potential may be there. Ja Morant is more than likely better than all of our guards right now to keep things in perspective

Knits was drafted by Phil Jackson and all traces of his fingerprints are practically gone off this team, why fans are hanging on to anything he brought here is beyond explanation too

Broadway

All Star
When we made the Melo trade in 2011, I wonder how many people thought that Melo would be out of the league 8 years later while Galinari is still putting up 20 point games and hitting open 3s against us in the 4th quarter.

I remember a small remnant who said the Melo trade would likely go down as the worst in Knicks history and would set us back yrs. Also felt Gallo was or would be a better player going forward based on "style" of play. I was indifferent to Gallo, felt he was limited and SOFF for my liking

Gallo has been injured almost every season since the trade so we would've suffered but as of now he would be a far better option over Melo. Gallo has helped the Clippers remain relevant but let's not ignore the fact of how important Lou Williams and Montrez Harrell are for that team.

Side Bar Gallo and Chandler are teammates again...lol

Last edited:

jimkcchief88

All Star
I remember a small remnant who said the Melo trade would likely go down as the worst in Knicks history and would set us back yrs. Also felt Gallo was or would be a better player going forward based on "style" of play. I was indifferent to Gallo, felt he was limited and SOFF for my liking

Gallo has been injured almost every season since the trade so we would've suffered but as of now he would be a far better option over Melo. Gallo has helped the Clippers remain relevant but let's not ignore the fact of how important Lou Williams and Montrez Harrell are for that team.

Side Bar Gallo and Chandler are teammates again...lol

Ironic that Gallo comes back to haunt us...10 plus years in the league and Gallo is finally having a career type year...but lest not forget that Denver is better without Gallo and while Clippers are the best team in LA, that ain?t saying much. You see what Damphony was trying to do with Gallo as a dominant stretch 4...that?s where the league was headed, but Gallo still ain?t the man. I can name 10 better stretch 4?s in the league than Gallo in one breath. The Clippers thought so much of Gallo that they got rid of their best player at the trade deadline and will blow their pick by making the playoffs...dumb. And they think they can draw 2 max free agents this summer? Even dumber.

mafra

Legend
Poor Gallo... imagine if Curry slides 1 more pick... Curry-Gallo combo, with Dantoni, would?ve been fun.

jimkcchief88

All Star
BTW the worst trade in Knicks history was Antonio Mcdyss and his balky knees. At least Melo won a scoring title and a playoff series. Should have been two if STAT would not have punched that fire extinguisher