home.png
i
i
i
i
i

Injury Report

Chicago BullsNew York Knicks
Wendell Carter Jr. - Left thumb surgery (OUT)Frank Ntilikina - Sore groin (OUT)
Chandler Hutchison - Right toe injury (OUT)Allonzo Trier - Strained left calf (OUT)
Zach LaVine - Right thigh contusion and right patellar tendonitis (OUT)Noah Vonleh - Sprained right ankle (OUT)
Lauri Markkanen - Medical assessment (OUT)-
Otto Porter Jr. - Right shoulder strain (OUT)-
Denzel Valentine - Left ankle surgery (OUT)-
Kris Dunn - Mid back strain (DOUBT)-

Game Preview

Walt Lemon Jr. still is trying to wrap his mind around his debut with the Chicago Bulls.

Lemon Jr., who grew up on Chicago's South Side and starred at Bradley, made an immediate impact Saturday in his first game with his hometown team. He had 19 points, six assists and four steals in 31 minutes on the floor.

Now, the 26-year-old will get ready for game No. 2 when the Bulls visit the New York Knicks on Monday night. Lemon Jr. spent several years playing overseas and in the G League before a five-game stint with the New Orleans Pelicans last season, followed by his promotion to the Bulls this month.

"I can't even describe the feelings," Lemon Jr. said to reporters after his first Bulls game. "Being in this building, putting on the jersey, going out there and playing on the floor and actually playing OK for my debut as a Bull -- words can't describe it."

The final five games of the regular season will be all about development for Chicago (21-56), which has known for months that a postseason berth was not in its future. The Bulls have lost four in a row and nine of 11, and several players including forward Lauri Markkanen have been shut down for the rest of the season because of health reasons.

That has created late-season opportunities for players such as Lemon Jr., who hope a strong finish to the 2018-19 campaign leads to a spot on an NBA roster next fall. Lemon Jr.'s intensity became apparent in his Bulls debut as he drew a double technical along with Raptors guard Kyle Lowry at the end of the third quarter.

"He's an All-Star," Lemon Jr. told the Chicago Tribune when asked about the incident with Lowry. "I respect him. I'm trying to do what has to be done. But I'm a dog. When I'm on the court, I don't care who you are. I'm not backing down from nobody."

That includes New York (14-62), which has the NBA's worst record and is hoping for the No. 1 pick in the draft to change the course of the franchise. The Knicks have lost six in a row and 14 of 15.

Emmanuel Mudiay led the Knicks with 24 points in the team's most recent contest, a 100-92 loss to the Miami Heat. Luke Kornet finished with 17 and Kevin Knox chipped in 16.

New York will finish out its final six games without guard Frank Ntilikina, who has been ruled out for the rest of the season because of a nagging groin injury. The 20-year-old averaged 5.7 points and 2.8 assists per game in his sophomore campaign.

"After the (first game back), I knew the groin was worse than before," Ntilikina said in comments published by the New York Daily News.

This is the second of three meetings between the teams. The Bulls held on for a 116-115 road win in double overtime in the first matchup on Nov. 5 thanks in large part to a 41-point performance by Zach LaVine.

The final meeting between the teams will be April 9 in Chicago in the second-to-last game of the season for both clubs.

--Field Level Media

(STATS / cbssports.com)

tiger0330

Legend
Thanks for the game thread Rady. Knicks are a joke if they lose tonight with Lauri, Otto, Dunn and Lavine all out. We should win in a blowout tonight.

Kiyaman

Legend
Thanks for the Game-Thread Rady .... The Big Block-Party Birthday Knicks WIN tonight from MitcRob dynamic double-double 4 block performance will be a watchable game ..
No! This are not a April Fools Joke .. MitchRob will bring a winning game performance tonight.
I hope David Fizdale get Fired after tonights game, to entice 2 star FA into signing on to the Knicks in the offseason !!!

The April fool Joke will be in May when the Knicks receive a 1 to 3 pick in the draft lottery, and Zion, Barrett, Reddish, and Ja all decide to stay another season in college LMAO

Definitely a winnable game. We?ve clinched a bottom 3 record while Chicago can still tank their way down with some wins from Phoenix or Cleveland (unlikely). Chicago definitely has good reason to try to out-tank us in these 2 matchups over our last 6 games.

tiger0330

Legend
Thanks for the Game-Thread Rady .... The Big Block-Party Birthday Knicks WIN tonight from MitcRob dynamic double-double 4 block performance will be a watchable game ..
No! This are not a April Fools Joke .. MitchRob will bring a winning game performance tonight.
I hope David Fizdale get Fired after tonights game, to entice 2 star FA into signing on to the Knicks in the offseason !!!

The April fool Joke will be in May when the Knicks receive a 1 to 3 pick in the draft lottery, and Zion, Barrett, Reddish, and Ja all decide to stay another season in college LMAO
Haha Trey may stay but RJ, Z and Cam are declaring for the NBA $$$.

Knicks get one against a team with more at stake in the late season tank. Not going to get too excited about the result tonight. We are now on the Road to 67 losses. For what it's worth, if Phoenix loses their last 5 and we win 2 of our last 5, then Phoenix can still tie us for worst record in the NBA.

Kiyaman

Legend
Lance Thomas Dunk!
Mudiay scored 11 points in the 4th qtr. however Mudiay is not a starter or finisher on a winning team.
Dotson had an excellent game from the 3-ball line shooting 6 for 6!
MitchRob added 4 assist to his double-double 3 block game for a Knick WIN !!!

The Dragon

Benchwarmer
I watch the game just to see Mitch and DSJ...... Also to see glimpses of Knox getting better..... still very soft in my opinion....

Knicks get one against a team with more at stake in the late season tank. Not going to get too excited about the result tonight. We are now on the Road to 67 losses. For what it's worth, if Phoenix loses their last 5 and we win 2 of our last 5, then Phoenix can still tie us for worst record in the NBA.

Suns beat the Cavs last night. So, now we can win up to 2 of our last 5 and still be guaranteed NBA?s worst record. Funny how the teams with the 4 worst records were in 2 matchups last night.

tiger0330

Legend
The Knicks brass left the HEAT game early to watch Jarret Culver in the tourney. What do you guys think about him if we wind up picking 4-5.

The Knicks brass left the HEAT game early to watch Jarret Culver in the tourney. What do you guys think about him if we wind up picking 4-5.

I like Culver for us at 4 or 5, behind Zion, Ja, and Barrett. He is averaging over 20 points per game in the tournament and he looks like a legitimate lockdown defender. If he can do it at the NBA level, it would be huge to add him as our shooting guard of the future.

tiger0330

Legend
I like Culver for us at 4 or 5, behind Zion, Ja, and Barrett. He is averaging over 20 points per game in the tournament and he looks like a legitimate lockdown defender. If he can do it at the NBA level, it would be huge to add him as our shooting guard of the future.

The kid is huge. He's listed at 6'6" but he's bigger I believe maybe as big as KK. I got a feeling for Perry/Mills it will be Z Ja and Culver as our top 3 on our board.