gt.png

WAS.gif
at.png
NYK.gif

(32-48) -- (15-64)

VenueTVTIME
Madison Square Garden, New York, NYMSG7:30 PM EST

Game Preview

Two teams looking ahead to next year will meet when the Washington Wizards visit the New York Knicks on Sunday night.

The Wizards (32-48) recently saw their slim playoff hopes end while the Knicks (15-64) have clinched the worst record in the NBA.

On Friday night, LaMarcus Aldridge led eight San Antonio players in double figures with 24 points as the visiting Spurs routed the Wizards 129-112. Washington has lost three of its past four games.

Bradley Beal scored 25 points in 30 minutes for the Wizards. Thomas Bryant had 19 points on 8-of-10 shooting and Bobby Portis finished with 16 points and nine rebounds.

"Obviously we only have two (games) left," Beal said. "Biggest thing is to make sure we finish strong, and injury free. Just use this as fuel to get better in the offseason.

"You never want to be one of the teams that is just watching TV come April and May, but we are in that situation. All you can do is work on your game in the offseason and be ready to go come September."

Portis hit a 3-pointer that got the Wizards within 41-39 early in the second quarter, but the Spurs pulled away midway thought the quarter. Aldridge's dunk gave San Antonio its biggest lead of the half, 73-52, and the Spurs led 77-58 at halftime.

The Spurs shot 17 of 24 (70.8 percent) from the field in the second quarter and 66.7 percent for the half.

"At the start of that second quarter, I thought they were scoring on us at will," Wizards coach Scott Brooks said. "A couple of things that we couldn't stop -- the dribble drive and their bigs. San Antonio is good. They got a lot of high-motor, tough players (who) play hard. You can't mess up."

The Knicks lost for the eighth time in their last nine games when they were beaten 120-96 in Houston on Friday night as James Harden had 26 points, eight assists and eight rebounds in just 29 minutes.

New York was without point guard Emmanuel Mudiay (sore left shoulder), so Mario Hezonja made his first start at the position. He finished with his first career triple-double -- 16 points, 16 rebounds and 11 assists in an emergency role.

"He did a great job," Knicks coach David Fizdale said in the New York Post. "He organized us. He called the right stuff. He attacked when he needed to attack."

For his part, Hezonja said jokingly, "They don't have to get a point guard right, Kyrie (Irving), right?"

Henry Ellenson also had 16 points off the bench for the Knicks, who lost their ninth straight on the road. Kevin Knox added 13 and Mitchell Robinson had 12.

Banged up New York also was without Kadeem Allen (concussion), Isaiah Hicks (sore left hip), Dennis Smith Jr. (sore lower back), Allonzo Trier (strained left calf) and Noah Vonleh (sprained right ankle).

Washington won the first three meetings between the teams this season.

--Field Level Media

(STATS / cbssports.com)

tiger0330

Legend
Saw the MIA/TOR game where the HEAT are fighting for their playoff lives and TOR has nothing to gain being firmly in second place in the East so they would have every reason to rest guys for the playoffs but that's not what they did, all the starters played 30 plus minutes and Lowry who has missed some games recently even played 42 minutes. Hard fought game that went to OT before TOR pulled it out. TOR took this game seriously despite not having anything to gain from a win but put out their best team and effort because of the playoff implications.

Today's game is a little different because both teams are out of the post season picture but my bet is Brooks has his guys make a good effort to win the game. Hopefully next year we can be battling for a playoff spot and get to watch good competitve bball like the Heat and Raptors played today or the Nets and Bucks played yesterday.

Last edited:
Thanks, Rady.

So many guys injured and the tank is secured. I feel like Fizdale is going to try to give a few guys a chance to keep trying to earn their next contract these last few games. Other than that, not much here.

tiger0330

Legend
Mario picking up where he left off, starting at PG and drives to the basket for his first bucket and uses his size on Satoransky for an easy postup. He's got that long stride which gets him separation on his shot, maybe he's found a new position against smaller guys.

tiger0330

Legend
What back-court ??? SMH !!!
Those guys won the game Kiya. Mario with 2 career games back to back, 30pts tonight. I said early in the season that Mario had the wrong approach in not being selfish in his contract year, now he goes ape****, hope it's not too late and he can get a contract here and not have to go back to Croatia. DSJ started slow being a little rusty but picked it up for 15 pts.

Scotty didn't play Beale and Green and had his bench and 10 day guys in so the win was a little tainted but it didn't matter to the MSG fans, great fans, they went crazy at the end supporting this team.

tiger0330

Legend
Give me DSJ all day every day over a guy like Ntilikina, risking reinjuring his back to play in a couple of meaningless games. Fiz gave him credit for diving on the floor to get a ball as a key to the game, I think you can count on one hand the number of times Frank has gone to the floor to get a ball and he has yet to make a breakaway dunk off a steal in 2 years. DSJ all day every day over Ntilikina.

Broadway

All Star
Those guys won the game Kiya. Mario with 2 career games back to back, 30pts tonight. I said early in the season that Mario had the wrong approach in not being selfish in his contract year, now he goes ape****, hope it's not too late and he can get a contract here and not have to go back to Croatia. DSJ started slow being a little rusty but picked it up for 15 pts.

Scotty didn't play Beale and Green and had his bench and 10 day guys in so the win was a little tainted but it didn't matter to the MSG fans, great fans, they went crazy at the end supporting this team.

Can't judge Hezonja's game based on his performances to close the season and for me never needed to. I was always high on Hezonja(way back in 2015) even said he should be a starter this yr and that he and Kanter had great chemistry to start the season. Thought his playmaking ability was underrated and under appreciated, yeah he's clumsy, wild, unpredictable, and doesn't always us IQ to get the job done but he can play. Should be an interesting summer, I know several guys want to return

I wonder if we aren?t getting a better taste of what these guys could do under Fizdale now that the worst record has been secured.

Kiyaman

Legend
Give me DSJ all day every day over a guy like Ntilikina, risking reinjuring his back to play in a couple of meaningless games. Fiz gave him credit for diving on the floor to get a ball as a key to the game, I think you can count on one hand the number of times Frank has gone to the floor to get a ball and he has yet to make a breakaway dunk off a steal in 2 years. DSJ all day every day over Ntilikina.

Tiger .. it seems like u are still clueless on why Mavs head-coach Carlisle gave up on DSJ so quickly?
Here's two hints without mentioning DSJ let more opponents score on him than Timmy's poor defensive performance ..
Rookie Donicic wasted no time taking the ball and the job at the point away from DSJ in the Mavs lineup.
Last night u watch how well Mario played the point 10 times better than DSJ.

Watching how Mudiay played the point for the Knicks all season showed all Knicks fans the main reason why the Nuggets got rid of Mudiay the first chance they got.

Yes, Frank Ntilikina development in speed and becoming more athletic on the court will be done in the 2019 off-season working out steady with other NBA players. There were no reason for Frank or any other winning player on the Knick roster to receive playing-time throughout a Tank-Tank season under a no offense/defense system LOSER head-coach Fizdale !!!

The Knicks has two more games vs Bulls & Pistons .. If Super-Mario show two more decent performance at the point as a Point-Forward .... I would put 60% interest in resigning Mario, but Fizdale's no chemistry season has to be FIRED asap for putting Mario at the PF position for 3/4 of the season, when i'm sure Fizdale seen Mario point skills in practice during training-camp.

tiger0330

Legend

Like I said great bball and Knicks fans at MSG on Sunday. Dolan does not deserve the NY fans.

Mandatory Credit: Wendell Cruz-USA TODAY Sports

The New York Knicks season is coming to an end. Many fans can have momentary sigh of relief, until the stress is at an all-time high this off-season. The Knicks end on back-to-back, in Chicago tonight then home for Detroit tomorrow.
Despite all of the stress, anxiety, sleepless nights and countless rumors that will be coming our way one thing is certain. The city of New York is still in love with their New York Knicks.
The team recently won their 16th game of the season this past Sunday against the Washington Wizards. And for all the fans that are still watching and grinding with the rest of us, you would have thought the Garden was hosting a playoff series.
The Mecca was rocking. Madison Square Garden was the loudest it has been all season. The countless videos on the social media of how insane the Garden faithful were reacting was something out of a movie, and the Knicks are the leagues worst team.
The Garden fans were losing their minds for the teams 16th win of the season. Can you just imagine what that crowd will be like if the team lands the number 1 pick plus big named free agents? Every game would be straight pandemonium. I do not want to get ahead of myself, but that is all I can think of when seeing the videos of the fans react the way they did.
This just goes a to show that the Knicks are still the Kings of New York. Yes, the Nets made the playoffs, good for them. However, they will never live up to the magnitude and excitement the New York Knicks bring to the city. That is why the big stage of the Garden, the Mecca will always remain supreme. And the New York Knicks will always be number one in the state of New York. New York Forever.

Kiyaman

Legend
[/B]
Like I said great bball and Knicks fans at MSG on Sunday. Dolan does not deserve the NY fans.

Mandatory Credit: Wendell Cruz-USA TODAY Sports

The New York Knicks season is coming to an end. Many fans can have momentary sigh of relief, until the stress is at an all-time high this off-season. The Knicks end on back-to-back, in Chicago tonight then home for Detroit tomorrow.
Despite all of the stress, anxiety, sleepless nights and countless rumors that will be coming our way one thing is certain. The city of New York is still in love with their New York Knicks.
The team recently won their 16th game of the season this past Sunday against the Washington Wizards. And for all the fans that are still watching and grinding with the rest of us, you would have thought the Garden was hosting a playoff series.
The Mecca was rocking. Madison Square Garden was the loudest it has been all season. The countless videos on the social media of how insane the Garden faithful were reacting was something out of a movie, and the Knicks are the leagues worst team.
The Garden fans were losing their minds for the teams 16th win of the season. Can you just imagine what that crowd will be like if the team lands the number 1 pick plus big named free agents? Every game would be straight pandemonium. I do not want to get ahead of myself, but that is all I can think of when seeing the videos of the fans react the way they did.
This just goes a to show that the Knicks are still the Kings of New York. Yes, the Nets made the playoffs, good for them. However, they will never live up to the magnitude and excitement the New York Knicks bring to the city. That is why the big stage of the Garden, the Mecca will always remain supreme. And the New York Knicks will always be number one in the state of New York. New York Forever.

Wendal Cruz wasn't in NY during the 1974-76 season when MSG was empty seated, and a guy named Dr. Julius Erving played for the ABA Nets whom had every game in the NY Felt Forum sold-out.
The Dolan Family NEED the 2019 first pick of the NBA draft to save the LOSER Knicks!
Free Agents like Kyrie or Kemba or Butler are not Star players to help a team win .. Kawhi and KD are winning FA.
The NO Pelicans AD are a winning Super-Star player that will cost the Knicks Zion, MitchRob, Frank, and a couple future first round picks.