Game thread: New York Knicks vs Detroit Pistons 8:00 4/10/2019 [Game #82]

I want 5 names. Almost 50% chance we get 5th pick. As long as we like 2 other guys besides Zion, Ja, and Barrett, then I?m good. I like Culver, but it seems like the enthusiasm on him grew fast and then shrunk fast.

Anyone like Hunter in the top 5?

tiger0330

Legend
B
I want 5 names. Almost 50% chance we get 5th pick. As long as we like 2 other guys besides Zion, Ja, and Barrett, then I’m good. I like Culver, but it seems like the enthusiasm on him grew fast and then shrunk fast.

Anyone like Hunter in the top 5?
I said in the Zion thread RJ and Hunter greater than Culver. ESPN+ also has Garland and Hunter ahead of Culver.

Kiyaman

Legend
The Mavs pick goes to ATL unless it falls in the top 5. They would have to be extraordinarily lucky just to get a top 5 pick with their record. That would be the ultimate crusher to the Knicks if they somehow wound up with the first pick after the league revamped the rules, though I bet teams that have the 9th worst record like they have have a better chance this year to get the top pick than last year.

Getting a big name like KD is crucial when we've struggled to attract FAs here, Dolan full of hope more than anything when he says we've had conversations with a lot of players, of course he has when you have got 70M in cap space. Agents aren't going to rule out any team that can pay their clients 190M contracts.

The Mavs top pick will be an un-develop KP & Burke that coach Carlisle will have both raw-players working-out a longside Doncic throughout the offseason, plus owner Cuban will sign a star FA or a 2-Way veteran roll-player FA. I will not be surprise if the Mavs start trading-players on draft night.

The Dolan-family Mismanagement (Mills/Perry) Knicks has the 2019 Top-10 draft picks all praying hard they are not selected by the decade LOSER Knicks. Plus all the NBA 2019 star FA who had their Agents hint of signing on to the Knicks will not accept any phone calls from the Dolan-family/Mills/Perry on July 1st. .... Being a long-time Knick fan who hope each season the GM & coach make it right to go to the play-offs, which the Knicks has made the playoffs twice in two decades. All optimistic hope for the Knicks to be a .500 team has been thrown out the window !!!

mafra

Legend
It?s hard to guess, b/c we don?t know whom they suspect they?ll target in free agency.

To me, Garland and White are better options than Hunter or Culver bc this is a PG league and we need a floor general.

However, if we think we have a shot at Kyrie or Kemba, then I suspect we don?t go PG in draft.

In this scenario, Hunter or the kid from Gonzaga make more sense... bc they are better complimentary players to KD and KI/KW

paris401

Starter
thank god the year is over... just imagine we get the 5th pick in the draft, and lose out on all the tier 1 FA's.... it will be like the movie groundhog's day again next year...

thank god the year is over... just imagine we get the 5th pick in the draft, and lose out on all the tier 1 FA's.... it will be like the movie groundhog's day again next year...

I can live with the 5th pick if we get someone the fans can get excited about. After all this hype, if we strike out in free agency, it will be a hell of a gut punch to the fan base.

Kiyaman

Legend

The higher the pick (Zion) will be the only thing Mills/Perry will have to pull a tier 1 FA (KD & Kawhi) in the off-season .. Fizdale's young-core development season didn't grab any attention from any 2019 FA's ....

paris401

Starter
The higher the pick (Zion) will be the only thing Mills/Perry will have to pull a tier 1 FA (KD & Kawhi) in the off-season .. Fizdale's young-core development season didn't grab any attention from any 2019 FA's ....

i agree, but even if we score with zion, will that be enough to get a tier 1 FA... i dunno... is KD/Kawhi willing to go thru the growing pains... i doubt even with all 3 onboard they will contend next year..maybe even 2yrs - KD is on the wrong side of 30- does it want to waste 2 of his remaining years in a rebuild...

pat

Starter
i agree, but even if we score with zion, will that be enough to get a tier 1 FA... i dunno... is KD/Kawhi willing to go thru the growing pains... i doubt even with all 3 onboard they will contend next year..maybe even 2yrs - KD is on the wrong side of 30- does it want to waste 2 of his remaining years in a rebuild...

Agreed. If he comes here, only because he knows his body is going to give in soon. Cash in in NY, just like the others did.

tiger0330

Legend
Because of his age KD might be something of a gamble esp towards the tail end of his contract but the guy is the type of elite player that's worth it. He's won his rings, I think he leaves the Dubs esp if they win the championship this year.

mafra

Legend
Because of his age KD might be something of a gamble esp towards the tail end of his contract but the guy is the type of elite player that's worth it. He's won his rings, I think he leaves the Dubs esp if they win the championship this year.

Plenty of articles detail his ties to NYK... agent and dad NYK fans, or something... Pals with Trier. They know if KD takes NYK to Finals, he?s elevated above LeBron. Having a max join him is why he?ll consider it, b/c challenge is doable. Who knows. Might be a blessing if he passes...

If we get KD, I prefer Kemba over Kyrie bc if media sensibilities and injury history.

Kiyaman

Legend
Plenty of articles detail his ties to NYK... agent and dad NYK fans, or something... Pals with Trier. They know if KD takes NYK to Finals, he’s elevated above LeBron. Having a max join him is why he’ll consider it, b/c challenge is doable. Who knows. Might be a blessing if he passes...

If we get KD, I prefer Kemba over Kyrie bc if media sensibilities and injury history.

If .. If KD do select the Knicks next season, i would sign the Clips FA starting PG Beverley to go alongside of KD next season.
The Knicks first move on July 1st should be to look and sign a 2-Way FA combo-guard. The two best FA combo-guards are Klay & Beverley.
Later for Kyrie & Kemba .. the Knicks have a upcoming Kyrie in DSJ the next 2 to 3 years). And we have a better Kemba in Trier the next 2 seasons.