Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 31 to 35 of 35
  1. #31
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    2,456
    Rep Power
    17

    Default

    Originally Posted by Kiyaman
    The higher the pick (Zion) will be the only thing Mills/Perry will have to pull a tier 1 FA (KD & Kawhi) in the off-season .. Fizdale's young-core development season didn't grab any attention from any 2019 FA's ....
    i agree, but even if we score with zion, will that be enough to get a tier 1 FA... i dunno... is KD/Kawhi willing to go thru the growing pains... i doubt even with all 3 onboard they will contend next year..maybe even 2yrs - KD is on the wrong side of 30- does it want to waste 2 of his remaining years in a rebuild...

  2. #32
    Veteran pat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    1,033
    Rep Power
    16

    Default

    Originally Posted by paris401
    i agree, but even if we score with zion, will that be enough to get a tier 1 FA... i dunno... is KD/Kawhi willing to go thru the growing pains... i doubt even with all 3 onboard they will contend next year..maybe even 2yrs - KD is on the wrong side of 30- does it want to waste 2 of his remaining years in a rebuild...
    Agreed. If he comes here, only because he knows his body is going to give in soon. Cash in in NY, just like the others did.
    "Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand."
    Kurt Vonnegut

  3. #33
    12th man
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    10,421
    Rep Power
    29

    Default

    Because of his age KD might be something of a gamble esp towards the tail end of his contract but the guy is the type of elite player that's worth it. He's won his rings, I think he leaves the Dubs esp if they win the championship this year.

  4. #34
    Veteran mafra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    7,231
    Rep Power
    21

    Default

    Originally Posted by tiger0330
    Because of his age KD might be something of a gamble esp towards the tail end of his contract but the guy is the type of elite player that's worth it. He's won his rings, I think he leaves the Dubs esp if they win the championship this year.
    Plenty of articles detail his ties to NYK... agent and dad NYK fans, or something... Pals with Trier. They know if KD takes NYK to Finals, hes elevated above LeBron. Having a max join him is why hell consider it, b/c challenge is doable. Who knows. Might be a blessing if he passes...

    If we get KD, I prefer Kemba over Kyrie bc if media sensibilities and injury history.

  5. #35
    12th man
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    11,356
    Rep Power
    28

    Default

    Originally Posted by mafra
    Plenty of articles detail his ties to NYK... agent and dad NYK fans, or something... Pals with Trier. They know if KD takes NYK to Finals, he’s elevated above LeBron. Having a max join him is why he’ll consider it, b/c challenge is doable. Who knows. Might be a blessing if he passes...

    If we get KD, I prefer Kemba over Kyrie bc if media sensibilities and injury history.
    If .. If KD do select the Knicks next season, i would sign the Clips FA starting PG Beverley to go alongside of KD next season.
    The Knicks first move on July 1st should be to look and sign a 2-Way FA combo-guard. The two best FA combo-guards are Klay & Beverley.
    Later for Kyrie & Kemba .. the Knicks have a upcoming Kyrie in DSJ the next 2 to 3 years). And we have a better Kemba in Trier the next 2 seasons.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 43
    Last Post: Feb 09, 2019, 15:09
  2. Replies: 26
    Last Post: Feb 06, 2019, 07:09
  3. Replies: 33
    Last Post: Nov 28, 2018, 15:05
  4. Replies: 17
    Last Post: Apr 03, 2018, 11:07
  5. Replies: 99
    Last Post: Oct 23, 2017, 23:58

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •