Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    12th man

Cuz just went down chasing a loose ball. Looks like it might be that left Achilles again. He went back to the locker room with a noticeable limp on his left leg the same leg he had the Achilles on. Guy is headed to FA again with what may be that Achilles again.

12th man

Quote Originally Posted by tiger0330 View Post
    Cuz just went down chasing a loose ball. Looks like it might be that left Achilles again. He went back to the locker room with a noticeable limp on his left leg the same leg he had the Achilles on. Guy is headed to FA again with what may be that Achilles again.
    Left quad injury and not an Achilles, will undergo an MRI tomorrow.

12th man

In the early Sixers/Nets games Sixers blew the game open in the 3rd with a record setting 51pts in the 3rd qtr. Sixers led 65-64 going into the half but Brooklyn did not hit a 3 in the 3rd after hitting 10 in the 1st half. Boban was money with that 15 ft shot he took for his 16 pts.

12th man

Didn't see it because I fell asleep but the Clips set a second record along with the Sixers who earlier set the 3rd qtr scoring record in the early game. Clips in their 135-131 win set the record for the biggest comeback in playoff history coming back from a 31 pt deficit to beat the Dubs, the prior record was 29pts set by the Lakers beating Seattle in 1989.

12th man

Left quad injury and not an Achilles, will undergo an MRI tomorrow.
    Kerr called Cuz's quad injury a significant injury so they suspect a torn quad and not a strain. Obviously if his MRI reveals a torn quad Cuz is done for the year.

12th man

Kerr called Cuz's quad injury a significant injury so they suspect a torn quad and not a strain. Obviously if his MRI reveals a torn quad Cuz is done for the year.
    Wow! The same leg as Achilles injury! Some people guessing Quad b4 the MRI today .. sad off-season !!!

12th man

Didn't see it because I fell asleep but the Clips set a second record along with the Sixers who earlier set the 3rd qtr scoring record in the early game. Clips in their 135-131 win set the record for the biggest comeback in playoff history coming back from a 31 pt deficit to beat the Dubs, the prior record was 29pts set by the Lakers beating Seattle in 1989.
    Great comeback by the Clips. Vegas gave the Clips the least chance of defeating their playoff opponent even less than the odds makers gave the Pistons but someone forgot to tell them and their 2 dogs Lou Williams and PatBev that they were heavy underdogs to the Dubs. The Clips brought it the second half on both ends.

Cuz MRI confirmed a torn quadracep muscle tear. WC just got a lot tighter.
    Last edited by tiger0330; Apr 16, 2019 at 16:23.

Veteran

Been catching what I can of the playoffs games start late for an old man like me woke up to Warriors blowing a 31 point lead? They better quit playing with that Clippers team. They play with a constant chip on their shoulder being the red headed step child in their own building. And Doc can flat out coach and the team has his personality not backing down and skip to my lou Williams is a baller. Sad about boogie I watched his showtime special showing his rehab and it was grueling. He seems to be a much nicer guy than portrayed and I wish him a speedy recovery. Knicks should try to get him on discount.

Quote Originally Posted by jimkcchief88 View Post
    Been catching what I can of the playoffs games start late for an old man like me woke up to Warriors blowing a 31 point lead? They better quit playing with that Clippers team. They play with a constant chip on their shoulder being the red headed step child in their own building. And Doc can flat out coach and the team has his personality not backing down and skip to my lou Williams is a baller. Sad about boogie I watched his showtime special showing his rehab and it was grueling. He seems to be a much nicer guy than portrayed and I wish him a speedy recovery. Knicks should try to get him on discount.
    Would Cousins-Kemba combo actually prove to be better than KD-KI duo?

I understand the 2 with rings comprehend the magnitude of what winning in NYC could do to boost their reputation, in an historic recognition sense. But, are they eager to roll up their sleeves and fight for it? Will they pull their foot off the accelerator if/when challenges surface? Could they handle the local media?

Could DC/KW duet be a better fit? We could back to old school, with Boogie and MRob in the paint. Kemba doesn’t miss time like Kyrie. Are they hungrier, more lunch pail types? Probably cheaper, leaving room for another fairly significant add.

KD/KI more about years 1-3, while the other 2 more about long term.

Kemba
    DSJ
    Zion
    Boogie
    Robinson

12th man

Quote Originally Posted by mafra View Post
    Would Cousins-Kemba combo actually prove to be better than KD-KI duo?

I understand the 2 with rings comprehend the magnitude of what winning in NYC could do to boost their reputation, in an historic recognition sense. But, are they eager to roll up their sleeves and fight for it? Will they pull their foot off the accelerator if/when challenges surface? Could they handle the local media?

Could DC/KW duet be a better fit? We could back to old school, with Boogie and MRob in the paint. Kemba doesn’t miss time like Kyrie. Are they hungrier, more lunch pail types? Probably cheaper, leaving room for another fairly significant add.

KD/KI more about years 1-3, while the other 2 more about long term.

Kemba
    DSJ
    Zion
    Boogie
    Robinson
    You can't be serious Boogie and Kemba better than KD KI. Those guys never won anything. Boogie to NY would mean that Perry decided to overpay him, why else would he come to NY. I wouldn't mind getting Kemba but he's been talking about going to a winner or staying in CHA so I don't see him coming to NY either. First things first got to get the one name that shows up in all your Knicks lineups Zion. Cross your fingers that Ewing brings us some luck on May 14.

12th man

Nets win 111-102 despite Embiid being able to play. DLo with 26 17 in the second half. Butler with 36 in a losing effort. Sixers fans booed their team through the game.

It's early but if the Nets manage to win this series expect Brown to be the next coach fired and a shakeup of that roster. Their owner is on record that an early playoff exit would be a problem if it happens. Though Embiid didn't show it, I think the injury hampered him and he may not be able to play some games in the remainder of the series with the Nets.
    BINGO, Embiid out for game 3 sore knee. Nets need to jump on the Sixers.

12th man

Greg Monroe in for Embiid. Not sure why Brown wouldn't go with Boban, he destroyed the Nets last game.

12th man

That's a game winning shot Tobias Harris just made. 3 pt shot at the top in transition, if a guy can make that at a 40% clip, he might be worth a max or near max contract. Harris one of the guys I think might sign with the Knicks, I don't see the Sixers signing both him and JB.

12th man

That's a game winning shot Tobias Harris just made. 3 pt shot at the top in transition, if a guy can make that at a 40% clip, he might be worth a max or near max contract. Harris one of the guys I think might sign with the Knicks, I don't see the Sixers signing both him and JB.
    Harris 16 pts 6/10 4/4 from 3, 3mins left in the 2nd.

12th man

65-59 Sixers at the half. Nets are a gritty team that does not quit, the game is far from over.