2019 NBA Playoffs

Kiyaman

Legend
Kerr called Cuz's quad injury a significant injury so they suspect a torn quad and not a strain. Obviously if his MRI reveals a torn quad Cuz is done for the year.

Wow! The same leg as Achilles injury! Some people guessing Quad b4 the MRI today .. sad off-season !!!

tiger0330

Legend
Didn't see it because I fell asleep but the Clips set a second record along with the Sixers who earlier set the 3rd qtr scoring record in the early game. Clips in their 135-131 win set the record for the biggest comeback in playoff history coming back from a 31 pt deficit to beat the Dubs, the prior record was 29pts set by the Lakers beating Seattle in 1989.
Great comeback by the Clips. Vegas gave the Clips the least chance of defeating their playoff opponent even less than the odds makers gave the Pistons but someone forgot to tell them and their 2 dogs Lou Williams and PatBev that they were heavy underdogs to the Dubs. The Clips brought it the second half on both ends.

Cuz MRI confirmed a torn quadracep muscle tear. WC just got a lot tighter.

Last edited:

jimkcchief88

All Star
Been catching what I can of the playoffs games start late for an old man like me:) woke up to Warriors blowing a 31 point lead? They better quit playing with that Clippers team. They play with a constant chip on their shoulder being the red headed step child in their own building. And Doc can flat out coach and the team has his personality not backing down and skip to my lou Williams is a baller. Sad about boogie I watched his showtime special showing his rehab and it was grueling. He seems to be a much nicer guy than portrayed and I wish him a speedy recovery. Knicks should try to get him on discount.

mafra

Legend
Been catching what I can of the playoffs games start late for an old man like me:) woke up to Warriors blowing a 31 point lead? They better quit playing with that Clippers team. They play with a constant chip on their shoulder being the red headed step child in their own building. And Doc can flat out coach and the team has his personality not backing down and skip to my lou Williams is a baller. Sad about boogie I watched his showtime special showing his rehab and it was grueling. He seems to be a much nicer guy than portrayed and I wish him a speedy recovery. Knicks should try to get him on discount.

Would Cousins-Kemba combo actually prove to be better than KD-KI duo?

I understand the 2 with rings comprehend the magnitude of what winning in NYC could do to boost their reputation, in an historic recognition sense. But, are they eager to roll up their sleeves and fight for it? Will they pull their foot off the accelerator if/when challenges surface? Could they handle the local media?

Could DC/KW duet be a better fit? We could back to old school, with Boogie and MRob in the paint. Kemba doesn?t miss time like Kyrie. Are they hungrier, more lunch pail types? Probably cheaper, leaving room for another fairly significant add.

KD/KI more about years 1-3, while the other 2 more about long term.

Kemba
DSJ
Zion
Boogie
Robinson

tiger0330

Legend

I understand the 2 with rings comprehend the magnitude of what winning in NYC could do to boost their reputation, in an historic recognition sense. But, are they eager to roll up their sleeves and fight for it? Will they pull their foot off the accelerator if/when challenges surface? Could they handle the local media?

Could DC/KW duet be a better fit? We could back to old school, with Boogie and MRob in the paint. Kemba doesn?t miss time like Kyrie. Are they hungrier, more lunch pail types? Probably cheaper, leaving room for another fairly significant add.

Kemba
DSJ
Zion
Boogie
Robinson
You can't be serious Boogie and Kemba better than KD KI. Those guys never won anything. Boogie to NY would mean that Perry decided to overpay him, why else would he come to NY. I wouldn't mind getting Kemba but he's been talking about going to a winner or staying in CHA so I don't see him coming to NY either. First things first got to get the one name that shows up in all your Knicks lineups Zion. Cross your fingers that Ewing brings us some luck on May 14.

tiger0330

Legend
Nets win 111-102 despite Embiid being able to play. DLo with 26 17 in the second half. Butler with 36 in a losing effort. Sixers fans booed their team through the game.

It's early but if the Nets manage to win this series expect Brown to be the next coach fired and a shakeup of that roster. Their owner is on record that an early playoff exit would be a problem if it happens. Though Embiid didn't show it, I think the injury hampered him and he may not be able to play some games in the remainder of the series with the Nets.
BINGO, Embiid out for game 3 sore knee. Nets need to jump on the Sixers.

tiger0330

Legend
That's a game winning shot Tobias Harris just made. 3 pt shot at the top in transition, if a guy can make that at a 40% clip, he might be worth a max or near max contract. Harris one of the guys I think might sign with the Knicks, I don't see the Sixers signing both him and JB.

tiger0330

Legend
That's a game winning shot Tobias Harris just made. 3 pt shot at the top in transition, if a guy can make that at a 40% clip, he might be worth a max or near max contract. Harris one of the guys I think might sign with the Knicks, I don't see the Sixers signing both him and JB.
Harris 16 pts 6/10 4/4 from 3, 3mins left in the 2nd.

Kiyaman

Legend

Kemba
DSJ
Zion
Boogie
Robinson

You do know Boogie's in his 9th season, plus this were Boogie's first time in the playoffs .. same could be said bout Kemba in his 8th season .. u cant be looking for any star $$$ in FA when u aint a star.

tiger0330

Legend
That small ball lineup Kenny runs did not work tonight. Great game by Ben Simmons, quietest 31 pts you have never heard because he doesn't take 3s or jump shots. People say if he ever gets a jump shot watch out and they're probably right but my bet is 5 yrs from now he still doesn't have a a jump shot.

Kiyaman

Legend
That small ball lineup Kenny runs did not work tonight. Great game by Ben Simmons, quietest 31 pts you have never heard because he doesn't take 3s or jump shots. People say if he ever gets a jump shot watch out and they're probably right but my bet is 5 yrs from now he still doesn't have a a jump shot.

Yeah yeah .. Second-season Simmons took complete control over the 3rd game of the series over Brooklyn, scoring 31 pts on 11-13 FGA, plus going to the FT line for 9-11 pts, grabbing 4 rbs, and 9 dimes .. Yeah, Ben Simmons 2nd season performance are in the same categorize class as Magic/Bird and Lebron & D.Wade 2nd n 3rd season performance of not shooting any 3 ball shots lol
NBA Head coaches back in the Daze weren't gonna lose their job for letting rookies n 2nd season players have the green-light to shoot 3-balls, especially when young-core players like Simmons need to work on their passing inside the paint to a moving teammate.
I see Simmons NBA future as being one of the Top-10 players after his rookie season.

Last night and tonight Games are critical being the 3rd Game of a playoff series ....
Raptors vs Magic series are Tied at 1 each playing at Magics Home ....
Boston leading the series 2-0, will be playing at the Pacers LOUD home tonight ....
Blazers leading the series 2-0 over OKC, now its on in OKC tonight ....

tiger0330

Legend
Embiid starting but Kenny hasn't given up on that small lineup starting Dudley today along with DLo Lavert Allan and Harris. Ball movement is good with this group.

Last edited:

tiger0330

Legend
Didn't know the Nets had the worst attendance in the NBA averaging about 14,500. If the Knicks were a playoff team you couldn't get into MSG. Oak attending the game, I doubt Dolan would let him when the Knicks make the playoffs

tiger0330

Legend
Great last couple of minutes in the Nets/Sixers game with Redick and now Mike Scott knocking down 3s to give the Sixers a 11O-1O8 lead with 19 seconds left.

Sixers with a great defensive play trapping Allen in the post with 3 guys so he can't pass the ball or get to the basket and turns the ball over. Nets lose a heart breaker. Dudley got ejected along with Butler earlier in the game, both knuckle heads, you would think seasoned vets like those 2 would know better. People will now wonder how that would have affected the game if both were able to play, Dudley was having a good game until the ejection.

tiger0330

Legend
Harden is unbelievably 0-13 with 6 points on his freebies with 4 minutes left in the 3rd. Jazz up 68-67, Rockets have the Jazz right where they want them when Harden gets it going in the 4th.

tiger0330

Legend
Harden is unbelievably 0-13 with 6 points on his freebies with 4 minutes left in the 3rd. Jazz up 68-67, Rockets have the Jazz right where they want them when Harden gets it going in the 4th.
Harden struggled but got 14pts in the 4th, made his 2 buckets in the 4th and scored 22pts overall. Donavan Mitchell had 34pts but missed a wide open 3 from the right corner that would have tied it with seconds remaining in the game, he was only 9-27 from the field. Rox take a commanding 3-0 lead in the series.