2019 NBA Playoffs

mafra

Legend
Crazy to think Harden missed his first 15 shots. He?s been putrid in the playoffs, for the most part, but that?s probably bc of his heavy usage during regular season.

tiger0330

Legend
Great last couple of minutes in the Nets/Sixers game with Redick and now Mike Scott knocking down 3s to give the Sixers a 11O-1O8 lead with 19 seconds left.

Sixers with a great defensive play trapping Allen in the post with 3 guys so he can't pass the ball or get to the basket and turns the ball over. Nets lose a heart breaker. Dudley got ejected along with Butler earlier in the game, both knuckle heads, you would think seasoned vets like those 2 would know better. People will now wonder how that would have affected the game if both were able to play, Dudley was having a good game until the ejection.
According to the NBA maybe not such great D. NBA in their last minute report said the refs missed Tobias Harris hold on Allan that should have been called a foul. Sean Marks who was fined and banned for a game for confronting the refs in their locker room area for their lack of calls on Embiid ain't going to like this.

jimkcchief88

All Star
Poor Pacers gone fishing and Pistons, Magic, Jazz,Nets, and Clippers soon to follow...Kind of surprised Dime/McColough outplaying Westbrook and PlayoffP though. I doubt Billy Donovan survives this time...Second round should heat up East and West. Nick Wright from first things first getting killed on twitter for damning the Nuggets calling them ?pretenders with a pretend superstar.? Their series with the Spurs is tied 2-2 and the Joker is dang near averaging a triple double. Nick was on his show talking about NY Giants football instaed of the NBA playoffs to avoid the topic all together:) Most TV talking heads don?t know anymore about the topic they are handsomely paid to talk about than me or you:)

Kiyaman

Legend
Took a trip to Disney World, I had to record the Easter weekend playoff ....
The Philly vs Brooklyn series has great intensity, and their 4th game of the series turned out to be a war of wars. One of the best playoff games I have seen so far. Philly has all the talent, and Brooklyn are performing with team-heart. Phiily lead series 3-1

I was expecting to see a full 7 games played in the series from the Blazers vs OKC .. Blazers lead series 3-1
Raptors own a 3-1 lead over the Magics in their series ....
GS Warriors own a 3-1 lead over the Clippers in their series ....

The Denver Nuggets vs Spurs are an interesting series tied at 2 games a piece ..
The Spurs has postseason experience, and the Nuggets has young star talent ..
Experience vs Youth Talent ???

Boston swept the Pacers 4-0 to win the series ..
And tonight it look like the Bucks are gonna sweep the Pistons 4-0 .. To much Giannis !!!
And the Rockets are gonna sweep the Jazz 4-0 ..
The Rocs Harden/CP3 tandem are way to much for the Jazz tandem Rubio/Mitchell to slow down.

tiger0330

Legend
First game of the MIL/DET series I've watched and DET putting up a fight tonight. BG with his left leg heavily wrapped, looks like he's playing with a cast on, not sure he should really be on the court but he is in going old school playing while injured. Pistons trying to avoid setting the record for most consecutive playoff games lost at 14 tonight, they've been swept in 3 consecutive playoff appearances.

tiger0330

Legend
I said I thought the Freak has the perfect body to play basketball unlike the overhyped Zion Williamson. The dude is built, they should call him Giannis Adonis.

tiger0330

Legend
Maybe the Pistons win this one after a dynamic last second play by Reggie Jackson the leading scorer with 20. Galloway launches a 3 that misses but Jackson comes flying in to slam the ball in at the last second of the half. Pistons take a half time lead into the locker room 62-56.

I said I thought the Freak has the perfect body to play basketball unlike the overhyped Zion Williamson. The dude is built, they should call him Giannis Adonis.

I get a kick out of how anti-Zion you have become. Watch us win the lottery and draft him and then all your criticisms end up being spot on.

tiger0330

Legend
I get a kick out of how anti-Zion you have become. Watch us win the lottery and draft him and then all your criticisms end up being spot on.
Don't want to come across as anti Zion but the kid is over hyped, even his height which is listed at 6'7" when he's actually 6'5". He's basically a post player right now and that's the one place the NBA still allows physical defense to be played which is the reason that is given that post play offense is becoming less important than outside shooting. My attitude is the same as Stephen A. he's probably going to be great or at least good but let's tone it down until he's played a year of NBA bball. Lots of areas he needs to develop including his body.

tiger0330

Legend
There's over 4 minutes left and the TNT announcers are already giving the W to the Bucks with them leading 120-92. I have to agree about it being a Bucks W, Pistons now hold the consecutive playoff loss record outright with 14, they were tied with our NY Knicks with 13 losses.

Brogdan might make it back next series against the Celts, that should be a great series with the Bucks looking for some revenge for last year's series loss against the Celts.

tiger0330

Legend
Rockets have their work cut out to sweep the Jazz on their home court. Breaking the game open with a 15-2 run, DM scoring 13 of the 15 pts during this run. 91—80 Jazz 9 mins left.

tiger0330

Legend
Rockets have their work cut out to sweep the Jazz on their home court. Breaking the game open with a 15-2 run, DM scoring 13 of the 15 pts during this run. 91—80 Jazz 9 mins left.
No sweeps in the WC. Utah gets to go back to HOU for game 5 beating the Rox 107-91. DM with a sensational game and 4th qtr including a sensational dunk off a slightly errant pass by O'Neal where he had to stretch for all he was worth to get his hand on it well away from the rim but gets his palm on it and hammers it through for what should be the NBA's play of the day tomorrow.

Houston live by the 3 die by the 3 missing their last 12 3pt attempts.

Last edited:

mafra

Legend
Took a trip to Disney World, I had to record the Easter weekend playoff ....
The Philly vs Brooklyn series has great intensity, and their 4th game of the series turned out to be a war of wars. One of the best playoff games I have seen so far. Philly has all the talent, and Brooklyn are performing with team-heart. Phiily lead series 3-1

I was expecting to see a full 7 games played in the series from the Blazers vs OKC .. Blazers lead series 3-1
Raptors own a 3-1 lead over the Magics in their series ....
GS Warriors own a 3-1 lead over the Clippers in their series ....

The Denver Nuggets vs Spurs are an interesting series tied at 2 games a piece ..
The Spurs has postseason experience, and the Nuggets has young star talent ..
Experience vs Youth Talent ???

Boston swept the Pacers 4-0 to win the series ..
And tonight it look like the Bucks are gonna sweep the Pistons 4-0 .. To much Giannis !!!
And the Rockets are gonna sweep the Jazz 4-0 ..
The Rocs Harden/CP3 tandem are way to much for the Jazz tandem Rubio/Mitchell to slow down.

Hey, I?m in Disney world now!

tiger0330

Legend
Win or go home for the Nets. Kenny starting that same starting 5 as last game. Joe Harris needs to get going for them to have a chance.

0-5 to start for the Nets, not a good start with the Sixers taking an 8-0 lead.

tiger0330

Legend
Going to be an early night for the Nets if Kenny doesn't make some line up adjustments with this small ball lineup. Dudley guarding Joel is not going to cut it. Haven't scored yet with 6:20 left in the 1st.

tiger0330

Legend
Going to be an early night for the Nets if Kenny doesn't make some line up adjustments with this small ball lineup. Dudley guarding Joel is not going to cut it. Haven't scored yet with 6:20 left in the 1st.
To be fair to Kenny he doesn't have many options to counter with Davis being out.

Nets getting humiliated. Showing how little their ?rebuild? is really worth without adding a star or two in free agency. Good enough to get to the 1st round and maybe even win a game, but that?s about it. Former Nets executive Bobby Marks was talking **** recently as if they accomplished something meaningful this season. Brooklyn?s attendance reflects how little a ?turnaround? like this really means to the fans.

tiger0330

Legend
Those 2 shots by Demarre where he missed a layup under the basket and a missed floater by Dinwiddie close to the rim is a snapshot of the game, both high percentage makeable shots that they flat out missed. They just can't make a shot shooting 26‰. Sixers defense is going to get more credit than they should for this ass whipping but the Nets shooting is putrid.

Nets season is over unless we get some miracle comeback like they pulled off against the Kings in Sacramento. This ain't Sacramento though, I'd say it's over with the Sixers ahead 60-31 at the half.

Last edited:

tiger0330

Legend
Rip City. Best game of the night that POR/OKC game, game of runs with both teams exchanging runs to take winnable leads but Dame with a 50 pt night saved his best shot for last with the game tied after Russ missed a layup and with 17 seconds left he took the ball over mid-court with Paul George defending him with a big cushion past the 3 point line, he dribbles the ball to burn some clock but unexpectedly launches a 37 ft 3 that PG has no chance of contesting because of that cushion he gave Dame. Dame hits the shot, nothing but net and the Blazers advance to the second round.

Another nice game by Kanter who had a double double along with 4 dimes.

jimkcchief88

All Star
Can?t believe the of the Blazers game I went to bed thinking OKC had it in hand...poor Russ he now has the Melo tag...Billy Donovan needs to be fired.