Welcome to MSG Kevin Durant

Status
Not open for further replies.

tiger0330

Legend
KD on pace to break MJ's playoff scoring record of 63 pts with 38 pts in the 1st half seems an appropriate time to post a thread about all the rumors that it's a done deal that he signs with the Knicks. Check out this fans YouTube video explaining why he's coming to the Knicks.

Or Ian Begleys ESPN story on him coming.
http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/26599267/the-knicks-won-tank-race-now-need-little-luck

Huge signing for Mills/Perry, sign him others will follow whether we get Zion or not. Fail to sign him and the Knicks and their fans are stuck with Plan B which is that crap shoot of building through the draft and developing young players into a playoff team. That's going to take years and only if we get a stud to build around.

Last edited:

mafra

Legend
His childhood buddy, and former NFL LB for SF, N.Bowman, said KD is on his way to NYC to secure his legacy as greatest ever. We can only hope!

Sigh. I very much want this to be true, but it?s too soon.

Even if the ever growing rumors are true, watch KD tear his ACL in the playoffs or something.

tiger0330

Legend
A factor I haven't heard anyone discuss is the Clippers ownership and front office including Doc. Ballmer is an owner but a huge fan of bball, I remember him when he was president of Microsoft, hell of a speaker and salesman, he could sell the Clips to KD better than Dolan can sell the Knicks. Doc one of the great coaches in the game, Fiz can't shine his shoes imo. If I'm a player and have to make a decision based on the owner, front office and coach, I sign with the Clips over the Knicks. KD also owns a home in LA.

Last edited:
A factor I haven't heard anyone discuss is the Clippers ownership and front office including Doc. Ballmer is an owner but a huge fan of bball, I remember him when he was president of Microsoft, hell of a speaker and salesman, he could sell the Clips to KD better than Dolan can sell the Knicks. Doc one of the great coaches in the game, Fiz can't shine his shoes imo. If I'm a player and have to make a decision based on the owner, front office and coach, I sign with the Clips over the Knicks. KD also owns a home in LA.

Clips need to move Gallo?s contract to have room for 2 max players. Also, say what you want about our sorry franchise, MSG is a much bigger stage than the Staples Center to change your career narrative into a franchise saver.

Clippers focus on recruiting Kawhi Leonard from what I?ve read.

mafra

Legend
I think KD is obsessed with his legacy, especially when it comes to his place in history as it relates to Lebron James.

I agree that I would opt for Balmer and LA over Dolan and NY... but we can?t deny the several ties KD already has with the Knicks... that doesn?t exist with LAC.
Not to mention he grew up on the East Coast.

But, mainly, it?s about the stage. Not only is it MSG, and not second fiddle Brooklyn or Clippers, but he would be ?rescuing? a moribund franchise that hasn?t done anything in 20 years.

Plus, Knicks have a blank canvas to bring in help and possesses a top 5 pick.

I?m not getting my hopes up, but this isn?t like the pursuit of James...

KD knows if he comes to NY and wins... he would jump LJ and might be considered the best ever.

I?ve also wondered if ?coming to the Knicks? could mean a 1 year contract with a 2nd year player option for KD. It?s riskier for him money wise, but for those people doubting he would want to work for a Dolan-owned franchise, he can mitigate the commitment that way.

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
They also have Jerry West.

If Durant wants to "prove" how great he is he has a few interesting options. Winning on the Nets, Clippers, or Knicks would be huge. All three organizations seem to be in a good place (though the Knicks need to continue what they've been doing, which hasn't been long). Durant wasn't interested in the Wizards before he joined the Warriors, but it'd be a great if he won with the team in the area he was born in.

As long as the Knicks don't overspend, or spend at all, on second-tier All-Stars, I'm fine with it.

Kiyaman

Legend
It all sound good .. but Durant selecting the Knicks organization? For what reason again?
There's 28 NBA organization with a much better front-office and owner than the Dolan-family Knicks for Durant to select in the offseason (I had to leave out the Lakers lol)?
Recall .. the majority of the Knicks organization FANS has been wanting owner Dolan to sell the team for over a decade !!!

tiger0330

Legend
We have to get KD even if Perry and Mills have to sell their souls to the devil. The guy can score over anyone, just singlehandedly got the Dubs the lead after being down 10. Eric Gordon is another guy on my wish list, think he's a FA next year, could have got him when we signed CLee but probably a good thing because it might have not worked out with the Knicks then.

We have to get KD even if Perry and Mills have to sell their souls to the devil. The guy can score over anyone, just singlehandedly got the Dubs the lead after being down 10. Eric Gordon is another guy on my wish list, think he's a FA next year, could have got him when we signed CLee but probably a good thing because it might have not worked out with the Knicks then.

I think the sales pitch to KD is sign here, get Kyrie here too, and we?ll sign and trade our upcoming top 5 pick with the rest of our current roster to New Orleans along with however many 1st round picks it takes to get AD too. Then we hope and pray players will come here on minimum deals to fill out the roster. Last and not least, we?re sending James Dolan on a mission to space for the next 5 years.

Kiyaman

Legend
I hate to be a spoil sport but this is to much like Lebron and the 2010 PLAN !!!
What confuse me the most are the Knicks are in the same sinking boat as the Lakers, does Durant want the same type of season Lebron had as a Lakers?
Recall .. the Knicks dont have a winning Owner! nor President! nor GM! nor head-coach! nor player on the roster!
There's not a W I N within the Knicks organization this past season or offseason !!!
So why would Durant select the Knicks ???

I know why (ISO) Kyrie will be quick to sign a BIG $$$ contract with the Knicks in the off-season, all Boston fingers will be pointing at Uncle Drew when the Giannis Bucks beat the Celtics in 6 games in the series.
I know why (Tier-2) Kemba will be quick to sign a BIG $$$ contract with the Knicks in the offseason, the Hornets front-office are not resigning a non-leadership starter PG they gave a long rope of 8 season to receive no postseason presence too.

mafra

Legend
Sounds like kD?s ?Robyn? on his way out of BOS:

?Who cares?? Irving told reporters of his shooting woes after the Celtics were booed off the court. ?I?m a basketball player. I prepare the right way. Like I said, it?s a little different when your rhythm is challenged every play down.

?You?re being picked up full court. They?re doing things to test you. The expectations on me are going to be sky high. I try to utilize their aggression against them and still put my teammates in great position while still being aggressive. I?m trying to do it all. For me, the 22 shots? I should have shot 30. I?m that great of a shooter.?

He knows he doesn?t have to supporting cast in BOS, despite media overhyping Brown, Smart and Rozier.

?Here is the distinction the Celtics have to make, and I said this the day that they signed Kyrie: They used to be a pace-and-space team where the ball and the movement dictated who got the shot,? ESPN analyst Jalen Rose said on ?Get Up!?

?Kyrie Irving is a ball-dominant, isolation type of player. They used to be a team where their center, Al Horford, led them in assists. That was their style. Now, they have chosen to give the ball to Kyrie to take them home. He?s shown that he can?t be the best player on a contending team. ? He?s done in Boston ? [His] teammates will help him pack. They can?t wait for him to go.?

Media adores Harden but Melo and Kyrie blasted for being ?Ball-dominant.? How quickly they forget he has a ring. That garnered Wade lifelong respect.... and KI earned his first chip unlike Wade, who had refs gift them first title.

Kiyaman

Legend
?Kyrie Irving is a ball-dominant, isolation type of player. They used to be a team where their center, Al Horford, led them in assists. That was their style. Now, they have chosen to give the ball to Kyrie to take them home. He?s shown that he can?t be the best player on a contending team. ? He?s done in Boston ? [His] teammates will help him pack. They can?t wait for him to go.?

Media adores Harden but Melo and Kyrie blasted for being ?Ball-dominant.? How quickly they forget he has a ring. That garnered Wade lifelong respect.... and KI earned his first chip unlike Wade, who had refs gift them first title.

Lebron James Out-Standing performance handed Kyrie & Love a ring for their scoring, plus Lebron handed JR.Smith & Tristan Thompson a ring for their dynamic defense. I dont see this past season Cavs team making the playoffs if Kyrie were on the Cavs roster.

There will be no team gelling-chemistry having:
PG- Kyrie or Kemba = ISO
SG- Trier/DSJr = ISO
SF- Knox = ISO
SF/PF- Durant = ISO
PF- Zion = ISO
And headcoach Fizdale = ISO
?????????

mafra

Legend
I agree, and the SSOL, three point crazy, high usage modern b-ball has yet to win in rugged style physical playoff officiated game... Only GSW made it happen and it took 6-7 all star caliber guys to make it work.

But what?s the alternative?

Good news is guys like Frank, MRob, Vonleh, Jordan are defensive minded, complimentary players.

Guys like Knox, Trier, DSJ wouldn?t mesh well with the free agents and would be useful only as 6th men reserve bench role types.

I?m more concerned with thin-skinned KI and KD, and Irving's injury history than how the team meshes and gels.

MRob my only keeper. Knox, Trier, DSJ, Mudiay, Dotson, Knits all have lots to prove...

mafra

Legend
FWIW... Stephen A Smith told Michael Kay today that his sources have told him KD to MSG is 90-95% done deal.

KD and Kyrie coming, although he said Irving trying to sway KD to go to Brooklyn but Durant only wants the MSG stage.

I?ll believe it when I see it... but this is only reason I would beg KD to be flexible and allow me to bring in a Kemba or a combo of 2 good players...

Kemba and KD, swing a trade for Beal or AD... ah, the options.

FWIW... Stephen A Smith told Michael Kay today that his sources have told him KD to MSG is 90-95% done deal.

KD and Kyrie coming, although he said Irving trying to sway KD to go to Brooklyn but Durant only wants the MSG stage.

I?ll believe it when I see it... but this is only reason I would beg KD to be flexible and allow me to bring in a Kemba or a combo of 2 good players...

Kemba and KD, swing a trade for Beal or AD... ah, the options.

Well, if all that is true and Kyrie would rather go to Brooklyn, he is more than welcome to go there.

Colin Cowherd said tonight that KD is 100% going to the Knicks and has already started recruiting other players.

Status
Not open for further replies.