Welcome to MSG Kevin Durant

Status
Not open for further replies.
Add Kanter along with Perkins as ex-teammates that thought he would be a Knick and now think he'll be a a Net. Vegas odds makers also.have the Nets as the favorite to sign him. Means nothing of course and maybe not the worse thing we don't sign him for all the reasons I've said in my previous posts.

Nets are maybe the one thing that could stop us from making a potentially catastrophic mistake. We sign Durant, maybe it works out in 2020, maybe we?re screwed for 4 years. We don?t sign Durant, maybe we?re a promising young team in 2020, but even if we?re not, we will have plenty of cap space to keep building.

It?s funny. Maybe Nets get injured Durant and Kyrie. Celtics sign Kemba and let Rozier walk. We sign Rozier and Randle, as mafra has previously suggested, and we end up the better team a couple years down the road and with more financial flexibility than if we had signed Durant.

Kiyaman

Legend
Nets are maybe the one thing that could stop us from making a potentially catastrophic mistake. We sign Durant, maybe it works out in 2020, maybe we’re screwed for 4 years. We don’t sign Durant, maybe we’re a promising young team in 2020, but even if we’re not, we will have plenty of cap space to keep building.

The Knicks off-season decision-making moves (draft, Trade, and FA signing) are being challenge by the (42-40) Nets and the (42-40) Magics off season front-office moves .... which of the 3 teams will make the best moves for their team in the 2019 off-season ???

Kiyaman

Legend
It’s funny. Maybe Nets get injured Durant and Kyrie. Celtics sign Kemba and let Rozier walk. We sign Rozier and Randle, as mafra has previously suggested, and we end up the better team a couple years down the road and with more financial flexibility than if we had signed Durant.

What's funny, are the Brooklyn Nets could afford to sign a injured Durant, and keep Russel to make another run at the playoff next season.
Which would force the Lakers to look to sign FA Kemba or FA Kyrie.

What's funny, are the Brooklyn Nets could afford to sign a injured Durant, and keep Russel to make another run at the playoff next season.
Which would force the Lakers to look to sign FA Kemba or FA Kyrie.

The problem for the Nets is that an injured Durant isn?t going to Brooklyn to play with Russell. If he goes, it?s to play with Kyrie.

Knicks do not extend qualifying offers to Mudiay and Kornet.

Rumored that Knicks will make a large 1 year offer to DeMarcus Cousins if they miss out on Durant.

A major reason for this? Knicks need to spend 60 million dollars to reach required minimum. Hence, if they bomb out on other free agents, expect them to offer large 1 year deals to reach the minimum. Things may get wacky.

Stephen A. Smith said on his radio show that Durant and Kyrie to Nets was ?pretty much done?.

Let this be true. Let the Nets be the ones to sign a player in his 30s who just tore his Achilles and a player known as much for being toxic as for being a star player.

mafra

Legend
Stephen A. Smith said on his radio show that Durant and Kyrie to Nets was ?pretty much done?.

Let this be true. Let the Nets be the ones to sign a player in his 30s who just tore his Achilles and a player known as much for being toxic as for being a star player.

Amen!

I?m cool either way, getting them or not getting them. The moment the Achilles snapped... that dream within my died.

Sure, it hurts Knicks fail yet again to get their target. Sure, it hurts they go to Brooklyn.

But where are they really, if DLo leaves?

Now we can root for disaster for them and be thankful that circus isn?t in NY. Let?s be honest... how helpful would Kyrie be for the development of our kids.

Now we focus on Cousins, Portis, Randle, DLo, and Rozier.

I prefer this route.... bc it feels like the more sensible route to building a legitimate contender that can sustain success.

We get good.... develop kids... then pounce on top free agents in 3-5 years... we have picks and excitement regardless.

Rozier or DLo plus Randle or Portis along with Cousins on a 1 year deal!

tiger0330

Legend
Stephen A. Smith said on his radio show that Durant and Kyrie to Nets was “pretty much done”.

One of those package deals I guess, Nets have to take both or get neither. They made the playoffs so Marks felt it was the right time to splurge on a couple of stars despite the “warts” to get to the next level.

Don’t see how they keep DLo, even if they could afford him, do you want 2 ball dominant guys in your backcourt. Letting go of a young AS like DLo seems crazy but I remember Kenny keeping him on the bench at critical points in some games, made me wonder about the trust in DLo as a franchise piece.

Not a done deal yet and this is one deal if it did fall through would not surprise me. If it does go through, major embarrassment for Mills and the organization losing out on 2 guys that seemed to be destined for the Knicks but wind up with your Brooklyn rivals.

mafra

Legend
Dolan has to fire Mills for this, but he won?t. Mills will use injury as excuse ... he is a survivor.

If this is true, KD is the ultimate follower... DG and splash brothers convinced him to go there and now Kyrie convinced him to go to Nets over NYK.

With his ties to Knicks... unbelievable he opts for Nets. Follower...

Lavert and Harris at Atkinson really that much better?

Knicks may already be looking ahead past KD, Kawhi, Kemba, and Kyrie. Knicks will only do 1 and 2 year contracts, if they strike out on stars, to be prepared for Giannis? free agency in 2 years. Literally no reason to expect Giannis would come to NYC, but sure, why not?

Knicks Film School Twitter got suspended for copyright infringement. That?s actually a big hit for finding interesting info online.

Rumored that Nets are trying to sell a trio of Kyrie, injured Durant, and DeAndre Jordan as a team that could win multiple championships together. I have a feeling that if the Nets do this, there is a very good chance we are a better team than them in 2 years and going forward.

Nets will have gutted some of what people liked about them in 2019 and could end up worse in 2020.

tiger0330

Legend
Mark Stein saying the Warriors are prepared to offer KD a 221M 5 yr. Supermax deal. That's a lot of love the Warriors are showing him and 80M more than anyone else can offer him, I don't see how he turns it down if this is true. I think this changes the scenario for the Knicks acquiring him, if he does come it would be on the delayed SnT that Windhorst was talking about. Given how business like Mills and Perry have been running the team, I think that supermax number is the deal buster in acquiring KD.

mafra

Legend
In light of AI?s comments, how team downplayed his leg injury.... this sounds like PR from GSW, knowing KD is gone, acting like they were going to take care of the player after they mislead him and caused a serious injury.

Status
Not open for further replies.