Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    12th man

Quote Originally Posted by mafra View Post
    “Kyrie Irving is a ball-dominant, isolation type of player. They used to be a team where their center, Al Horford, led them in assists. That was their style. Now, they have chosen to give the ball to Kyrie to take them home. He’s shown that he can’t be the best player on a contending team. … He’s done in Boston … [His] teammates will help him pack. They can’t wait for him to go.”

Media adores Harden but Melo and Kyrie blasted for being “Ball-dominant.” How quickly they forget he has a ring. That garnered Wade lifelong respect.... and KI earned his first chip unlike Wade, who had refs gift them first title.
    Lebron James Out-Standing performance handed Kyrie & Love a ring for their scoring, plus Lebron handed JR.Smith & Tristan Thompson a ring for their dynamic defense. I dont see this past season Cavs team making the playoffs if Kyrie were on the Cavs roster.

There will be no team gelling-chemistry having:
    PG- Kyrie or Kemba = ISO
    SG- Trier/DSJr = ISO
    SF- Knox = ISO
    SF/PF- Durant = ISO
    PF- Zion = ISO
    And headcoach Fizdale = ISO
    ?????????

I agree, and the SSOL, three point crazy, high usage modern b-ball has yet to win in rugged style physical playoff officiated game... Only GSW made it happen and it took 6-7 all star caliber guys to make it work.

But what’s the alternative?

Good news is guys like Frank, MRob, Vonleh, Jordan are defensive minded, complimentary players.

Guys like Knox, Trier, DSJ wouldn’t mesh well with the free agents and would be useful only as 6th men reserve bench role types.

I’m more concerned with thin-skinned KI and KD, and Irving's injury history than how the team meshes and gels.

MRob my only keeper. Knox, Trier, DSJ, Mudiay, Dotson, Knits all have lots to prove...

FWIW... Stephen A Smith told Michael Kay today that his sources have told him KD to MSG is 90-95% done deal.

KD and Kyrie coming, although he said Irving trying to sway KD to go to Brooklyn but Durant only wants the MSG stage.

I’ll believe it when I see it... but this is only reason I would beg KD to be flexible and allow me to bring in a Kemba or a combo of 2 good players...

Kemba and KD, swing a trade for Beal or AD... ah, the options.

Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by mafra View Post
    FWIW... Stephen A Smith told Michael Kay today that his sources have told him KD to MSG is 90-95% done deal.

KD and Kyrie coming, although he said Irving trying to sway KD to go to Brooklyn but Durant only wants the MSG stage.

I’ll believe it when I see it... but this is only reason I would beg KD to be flexible and allow me to bring in a Kemba or a combo of 2 good players...

Kemba and KD, swing a trade for Beal or AD... ah, the options.
    Well, if all that is true and Kyrie would rather go to Brooklyn, he is more than welcome to go there.

Veteran

Colin Cowherd said tonight that KD is 100% going to the Knicks and has already started recruiting other players.

12th man

Now that we missed on Zion the KD signing looms as the most important signing in franchise history. Knicks fans already tasted what it's like to miss out on LeBron and get an Amare. Mills and Perry better not blow this and not sign a guy that most say is a sure thing to come to the Knicks. I keep hearing 90% chance he comes which is way better than the 14% chance to get Zion.

Veteran

Just read a Newsday article that said that at the Combine more executives were talking about KD to the Knicks being a done deal than about the upcoming draft.

12th man

Quote Originally Posted by htr10 View Post
    Just read a Newsday article that said that at the Combine more executives were talking about KD to the Knicks being a done deal than about the upcoming draft.
    I think the Warriors playing well without him seals the deal he leaves GS. If he knows where his next destination is, it's great for the Knicks because it will mean he'll sign early in FA. If it was me I'd try to keep Dolan out of it but I don't see him not at least getting minimally involved when your talking about the kind of dough they're going to have to pay KD.

I posted give me both Dray and Iggy that combined aren't making what Kyrie wants rather than Kyrie. Dray is a warrior no pun intended, putting that Dubs team on his back since KD went down. Mills and Perry need to find a guy like Dray rather than Kyrie.

12th man

Quote Originally Posted by tiger0330 View Post
    I think the Warriors playing well without him seals the deal he leaves GS. If he knows where his next destination is, it's great for the Knicks because it will mean he'll sign early in FA. If it was me I'd try to keep Dolan out of it but I don't see him not at least getting minimally involved when your talking about the kind of dough they're going to have to pay KD.

I posted give me both Dray and Iggy that combined aren't making what Kyrie wants rather than Kyrie. Dray is a warrior no pun intended, putting that Dubs team on his back since KD went down. Mills and Perry need to find a guy like Dray rather than Kyrie.
    Rich Kleiman told the WSJ that KD has not made a decision on his free agency yet with Mark Stein saying the Clippers are are a real threat to sign KD. Looks like this is going to be like his last FA where he did his due diligence meeting with several teams he was interested in before going to the Warriors.

Veteran

Rich Kleiman told the WSJ that KD has not made a decision on his free agency yet with Mark Stein saying the Clippers are are a real threat to sign KD. Looks like this is going to be like his last FA where he did his due diligence meeting with several teams he was interested in before going to the Warriors.
    I think the PR machines have been in full effect to try to make people think first that the Nets have a shot at Durant and now that the Clippers have a shot at Durant.

Nets would need to let Russell go and find someone to take Crabbe to have a 2nd max spot. Clippers would have to find someone to take Gallo.

I’m pretty sure Durant is not going somewhere without another max contract player.

I’ll bet that this is the media trying to create more stories by rumoring KD wants to go more places. These idiots get a lot of views by saying “oh yeah, sources say Durant will consider the Clippers”. We’ll find out the truth very soon.
    Last edited by htr10; May 22, 2019 at 10:52.

12th man

Quote Originally Posted by htr10 View Post
    I think the PR machines have been in full effect to try to make people think first that the Nets have a shot at Durant and now that the Clippers have a shot at Durant.

Nets would need to let Russell go and find someone to take Crabbe to have a 2nd max spot. Clippers would have to find someone to take Gallo.

I’m pretty sure Durant is not going somewhere without another max contract player.

I’ll bet that this is the media trying to create more stories by rumoring KD wants to go more places. These idiots get a lot of views by saying “oh yeah, sources say Durant will consider the Clippers”. We’ll find out the truth very soon.
    The Knicks are obviously in the best position to sign KD and another star to build a team around but I was hoping we could avoid the FA foreplay that occurred the last time he was a FA with the conversation that OKC could give him the biggest contract, him meeting the Celtics in the Hamptons, meeting the Warriors in SF. I would be a lot happier if he was like PG, throwing a party to celebrate signing with OKC on the first day of his FA.

Veteran

The Knicks are obviously in the best position to sign KD and another star to build a team around but I was hoping we could avoid the FA foreplay that occurred the last time he was a FA with the conversation that OKC could give him the biggest contract, him meeting the Celtics in the Hamptons, meeting the Warriors in SF. I would be a lot happier if he was like PG, throwing a party to celebrate signing with OKC on the first day of his FA.
    Totally agree. If this becomes an open competition for signing KD, we will lose, like we always have in the past. The narrative for months that got us all excited was that this was a “done deal”. Secret meetings and endorsement deals already ready. If none of that turns out to be true, expect us to not sign anyone in free agency this year. I continue to believe though that where there’s smoke, there’s fire with those reports.

Seems like this is damage control. Right after report surfaces that KD to MSG is a done deal, now these stories pop up about Nets and Clippers and whatnot?

They don’t want it to be a tampering issue.

12th man

A factor I haven't heard anyone discuss is the Clippers ownership and front office including Doc. Ballmer is an owner but a huge fan of bball, I remember him when he was president of Microsoft, hell of a speaker and salesman, he could sell the Clips to KD better than Dolan can sell the Knicks. Doc one of the great coaches in the game, Fiz can't shine his shoes imo. If I'm a player and have to make a decision based on the owner, front office and coach, I sign with the Clips over the Knicks. KD also owns a home in LA.
    Now Kendrick Perkins an ex-team mate and friend of KD thinks he'll show interest in the Clips because of Doc and the Clips organization. He might also like their roster a little better since they gave the Warriors as much of a battle as any team they faced in the playoffs. Mills better not screw this up.
    Last edited by tiger0330; May 22, 2019 at 19:07.

Veteran

Now Kendrick Perkins an ex-team mate and friend of KD thinks he'll show interest in the Clips because of Doc and the Clips organization. He might also like their roster a little better since they gave the Warriors as much of a battle as any team they faced in the playoffs. Mills better not screw this up.
    Kendrick Perkins is trying to make a 2nd career out of talking about Kevin Durant. In the end of April, he was telling the world about how OKC did a bad job with Durant and that Durant didn't leave because of Westbrook. A couple weeks ago, he was saying that Durant should go "home" to D.C. and play with the Wizards. Now he's making a case that Durant should go to the Clippers.

As an aside, not getting Durant in free agency will be a disappointment after this build-up, but we'd be losing something that we never had. We can still build around potential future stars MRob and RJ, hopefully with development of DSJ (who is still only 21-years-old) and Knox, not to mention 6 1st round picks in the next 4 years. Plus, if we don't get Durant, people can shut up about us for another year. If people are going to talk this much **** about us before he even signs here, imaging how bad it is going to be if Durant and Kyrie come here and we don't ever win anything.