Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

We send them Knits? He would probably excel there...

12th man

Quote Originally Posted by mafra View Post
    We send them Knits? He would probably excel there...
    I’d send him but I don’t think they would be interested in absorbing his salary for what he brings to the table. They want one or more of those first round picks we have.

Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by tiger0330 View Post
    I’d send him but I don’t think they would be interested in absorbing his salary for what he brings to the table. They want one or more of those first round picks we have.
    ...if we trade 1st round picks to get a guy with a torn Achilles, I may just lay down and die

These deals are usually done to help the player get his money and for the team to recoup something for the guy walking out. I seriously doubt it would cost a 1st. Otherwise they sign a 4 year deal with opt out and he opts out and they extend him to full max. That’s how these players skirt around the rule.

Ergo, why I suggested we would include a toss in piece, of something we didn’t want.

They could envision Frank as a defensive stopper.... remember... no Klay. AI teaching him... kid young and long... they could coach him up....

12th man

Video

Quote Originally Posted by mafra View Post
    These deals are usually done to help the player get his money and for the team to recoup something for the guy walking out. I seriously doubt it would cost a 1st. Otherwise they sign a 4 year deal with opt out and he opts out and they extend him to full max. That’s how these players skirt around the rule.

Ergo, why I suggested we would include a toss in piece, of something we didn’t want.

They could envision Frank as a defensive stopper.... remember... no Klay. AI teaching him... kid young and long... they could coach him up....
    CBA rules don’t allow giving the signed player an an extra year in a SnT any longer, players can only get the extra year if they sign with their original teams. That’s why Windhorst was talking about a delayed ”SnT”, the Warriors would have have to sign him for the 5 years and trade him sometime next season. Way too complicated, I doubt this happens and explains why very few SnT deals have happened since the new CBA.

Yeah, if that’s the case... not happening.

12th man

Why are we talking bout KD ???
    We need to thank the Raptors for forcing the Warriors to put KD on the court to reveal the TRUE injury !!!

The Rockets and the Blazers did not force the Warriors to put KD on the court .. If the Raptors were as weak as Rocket/Blazers and didn't grab a 3-1 Lead in the FINALS .. The Knicks would have found out bout KD (2 yr) injury after we signed him to a 4 yr MAX $$$ Deal !!!

Veteran

This whole Durant thing has become stupid. Now all the stories are about how the Nets are the front runners to sign KD. Why? Because Kendrick Perkins says that the Nets are the front runners to sign KD. 2 weeks ago, the Clippers were being reported to be the front runners to sign KD. Why? Because Kendrick Perkins said that the Clippers were the front runners to sign KD.

ESPN has made themselves look like a bunch of no nothing dummies. Kendrick Perkins continues to make a career as a professional Kevin Durant rumor generator.

12th man

Quote Originally Posted by htr10 View Post
    This whole Durant thing has become stupid. Now all the stories are about how the Nets are the front runners to sign KD. Why? Because Kendrick Perkins says that the Nets are the front runners to sign KD. 2 weeks ago, the Clippers were being reported to be the front runners to sign KD. Why? Because Kendrick Perkins said that the Clippers were the front runners to sign KD.

ESPN has made themselves look like a bunch of no nothing dummies. Kendrick Perkins continues to make a career as a professional Kevin Durant rumor generator.
    The only IDIOT ready to sign a 3 year injury-prone Durant this off-season are Dolan/Mills .. the same way the two idiots traded Camby & Nene to Denver for a 3 year injury-prone McDyess SMH

According to FS1’s Ric Bucher, Durant and Irving have met twice recently to discuss playing together. That would be either the Nets or Knicks. For much of June, Irving, who rooted for Jason Kidd’s Nets as a kid in West Orange, N.J., has been projected as Brooklyn-bound.

Kendrick Perkins, now with ESPN, once projected the Knicks as favorites for Durant — as many others did.

However, Perkins changed his tune, saying over the weekend the Nets are front-runners, giving no further insight to the change of heart of Durant wanting to play for a club with the NBA’s worst attendance.

Durant has plenty of Knicks’ ties. Assistant coach Royal Ivey is one of his best friends, free agent DeAndre Jordan is a strong ally and Durant has mentored Allonzo Trier.

But vying for another lottery may be a tough sell for Irving, who isn’t looking to waste a season of his prime with the young Knicks.

Tanking the 2019-20 season as Durant rehabs may be the “patience’’ Mills referred to at Barrett’s press conference on Friday.

Durant, who will be 32 when he suits up next in 2020-21, is the risk the Knicks are willing to take. Other alternatives are probably riskier.

The Knicks’ belief is if anyone in the league can come back from an Achilles tear, it is Durant. However, it’s not a no-brainer.

“I wouldn’t do it,’’ one NBA talent evaluator said. “It may look good now, appear they had it right [he was coming] until the injury. But it’s hard to justify all that for maybe one good year. By the fourth year, I can see people wondering when will he come off the cap.”

https://www.google.com/amp/s/nypost....dnt-do-it/amp/

Veteran

Classic Knicks scenario. If we don’t sign Durant, the media will report “Idiot Knicks Lose Out on Durant”. If we do sign Durant, the media will report “Idiot Knicks Sign Durant”.

12th man

Quote Originally Posted by htr10 View Post
    Classic Knicks scenario. If we don’t sign Durant, the media will report “Idiot Knicks Lose Out on Durant”. If we do sign Durant, the media will report “Idiot Knicks Sign Durant”.
    I'm with that unnamed NBA talent evaluator that said by the 4th year of his contract we're likely to be saying "When does he come off the cap". Curry, Stat, Melo, McD, Starbury, Houston, let some other team play with fire we're tired of getting burnt should be Mills motto.

Age 32-33-34-35 seasons for KD. What will he be like those final 4 years?

Does it matter?

We have a roster full of young pups who would benefit tremendously from being around KD.

Durant is 7-feet tall with enormous wingspan. I believe he’ll still score at will at 34-35... especially from the outside. 3-pointers will rain down from the rafters.

Do we even have a choice?

If NY don’t sign anybody this season... not much available the next summer.

Tough call. Can’t fault them either way... but it’s not like we need cap space anyway. Nobody takes our money.

12th man

The Durant FA rumors during the regular season, I thought were our front-office advertisement rumors to give Knicks fans hope, the Knicks did start TANKING early having 6-14 record in 20 games .. I wasn't sure or certain a (healthy) super-star Durant would have selected the Knicks in his FA offseason. The past 5 offseasons the Knicks couldnt get a decent role-player FA to sign on.
    Then again, I wasnt sure or certain we were gonna get RJ Barrett with the 3rd pick.
    Getting RJ Barrett type of skills & hustle on the Knicks team does say we should have been the team to make the trade for the Memphis Grizz star PG Conley to mentor RJ Barrett's guard skills in the backcourt in his rookie season.
    The point I'm making are Perry need to focus on getting one or two complimentary-players through our low cap trade or through FA market a veteran PG and PF that will help advance RJ Barrett's 2-Way performance n growth the next two to four seasons.
    Durant should be off the Knicks FA list due to injury .. Kyrie's off the list do to Locker-room rumors .. Kemba's off the list do to being a shoot-first PG.

Veteran

I'm with that unnamed NBA talent evaluator that said by the 4th year of his contract we're likely to be saying "When does he come off the cap". Curry, Stat, Melo, McD, Starbury, Houston, let some other team play with fire we're tired of getting burnt should be Mills motto.
    Ironically, Kyrie Irving and Brooklyn may be the one thing that could help us avoid this scenario.