2019 Draft lottery Prayer circle

mafra

Legend
It was obvious Zion was disappointed and shocked with the outcome. After AD pulled his nonsense and Paul tried to steer AD to LJ, NO went into full-fledged tank mode and managed to creep up to a favorable position, where their odds were nearly half as good as the team with the worst record.

Tell me, how is a roster with Jrue, Randall and AD only slightly better than NYK? So the narrative that tanking wasn?t rewarded is hilarious.

And, with guaranteed contracts and salary cap restrictions, this is was gave birth to tanking. When KP went done, Knicks were doing the responsible thing and preparing for this free agent class.

Anyway, Pelicans wasn?t on Zion?s radar... he had 50% chance to go to NY or LA, when they cut to commercial after announcing the fifth pick.

NO was a punch to the gut. He didn?t wear a fake smile. We saw raw emotion. But he?s a good young man, raised properly, so he slept on it and accepted his fate and will now go to NO happily.

I can?t believe we?re getting RJ! Barrett is for real! JA propelled himself into the equation, but I still can?t believe a team will ignore what RJ is!

Thankfully NYK got the third pick.

Broadway

All Star
It was obvious Zion was disappointed and shocked with the outcome. After AD pulled his nonsense and Paul tried to steer AD to LJ, NO went into full-fledged tank mode and managed to creep up to a favorable position, where their odds were nearly half as good as the team with the worst record.

Tell me, how is a roster with Jrue, Randall and AD only slightly better than NYK? So the narrative that tanking wasn’t rewarded is hilarious.

And, with guaranteed contracts and salary cap restrictions, this is was gave birth to tanking. When KP went done, Knicks were doing the responsible thing and preparing for this free agent class.

Anyway, Pelicans wasn’t on Zion’s radar... he had 50% chance to go to NY or LA, when they cut to commercial after announcing the fifth pick.

NO was a punch to the gut. He didn’t wear a fake smile. We saw raw emotion. But he’s a good young man, raised properly, so he slept on it and accepted his fate and will now go to NO happily.

I can’t believe we’re getting RJ! Barrett is for real! JA propelled himself into the equation, but I still can’t believe a team will ignore what RJ is!

DA MEDIA over blew this as usual, nothing to see here...moving right along

I can't buy all the NO tanking talk without looking at our own team in the mirror likewise. Look no further than Knits and DSJ injuries and how fans blew gaskets how Fitz was treating them in fav of Mudiay. We kept M-Rob and Trier out for long stretches during the season. There were also rumors #kporzee wanted to play but we wouldn't let him. Many teams were culpable here, be thankful we're picking 3 and not 5

Sour Graping every time we come up short just comes off disingenuous. Look sometimes you lose it is what it is. Suns Cavs Bulls paid for their sins gravely. There were other camera angles and it showed Zion laughing being cool at the time of announcement. If anything it was Barrett who seemed to be more the one trying to clown the moment

Kiyaman

Legend

Tell me, how is a roster with Jrue, Randall and AD only slightly better than NYK? So the narrative that tanking wasn?t rewarded is hilarious.

Anyway, Pelicans wasn?t on Zion?s radar... he had 50% chance to go to NY or LA, when they cut to commercial after announcing the fifth pick.

NO was a punch to the gut. He didn?t wear a fake smile. We saw raw emotion. But he?s a good young man, raised properly, so he slept on it and accepted his fate and will now go to NO happily.

I can?t believe we?re getting RJ! Barrett is for real! JA propelled himself into the equation, but I still can?t believe a team will ignore what RJ is!

At the end of the day .. the AD wanting out of N.O. to shake n raddle the league in midseason on refusal to trade AD for all the gold in Lakersville .. all turned-out to be a great conspiracy to get the first pick of the 2019 draft without TANKING LMAO !!!

When you compare the Pelicans top players to the Knicks roster beware of FACTS .. AD performance has reach the realm of Bernard King and Ewing .. True Holiday's performance has reach the realm of Walt Clyde Frazier .. and Randle's 2-Way performance at the PF position has reach the realm of Anthony Mason.
The Pelican's cap can afford to sign one of the NBA top star FA in the 2019 off-season.
Zion NBA growth will improve drastically in his rookie season as a Pelican to win ROY award.
Our Knicks mismanagement and Bum head-coach Fizdale would have ZION looking like a BUST his first two seasons in the league.

Don't Believe the HYPE ....
The Memphis Grizz would become the organization of FOOLS on draft night if they don't select Point-Forward RJ Barrett to tandem along side PF Jaren Jackson Jr. next season !!!

I can't buy all the NO tanking talk without looking at our own team in the mirror likewise. Look no further than Knits and DSJ injuries and how fans blew gaskets how Fitz was treating them in fav of Mudiay. We kept M-Rob and Trier out for long stretches during the season. There were also rumors #kporzee wanted to play but we wouldn't let him. Many teams were culpable here, be thankful we're picking 3 and not 5

Sour Graping every time we come up short just comes off disingenuous. Look sometimes you lose it is what it is. Suns Cavs Bulls paid for their sins gravely. There were other camera angles and it showed Zion laughing being cool at the time of announcement. If anything it was Barrett who seemed to be more the one trying to clown the moment

When I saw the actual clip of Zion laughing when NO won the lottery, it made me sort of angry on his behalf at whoever made that stupid report up that he had to be ?whisked? out of the room because he was so upset. Complete BS report.

mafra

Legend

I?m not sour, not one bit. Not an iota of sourness in me bones. Did my post come off sour? I?m just laughing at DA MEDIA for how they?re trying to run with the narrative of this lottery being an indictment on teams who tank.

Should the system reward inept management? Like LAK? Trade Russell, let go of Randall and Lopez?

When NO sat AD in 4th off LAK game... tank or not tank?

Again, what my post meant was that the hard cap is what motivates tanking... not draft position.

Should NYK sign another Curry? When you bring in upgrade via free agency you must overpay. Overpay too much and you screw your cap space and prohibit yourself from really improving.

Now, sitting players is sorry and shouldn?t occur.

I LoVe having teams on the rise who have talent and are on verge bring in position to grab top pick. These teams can go from talented to title worthy whereas the process makes bad team average.

Broadway

All Star
I’m not sour, not one bit. Not an iota of sourness in me bones. Did my post come off sour? I’m just laughing at DA MEDIA for how they’re trying to run with the narrative of this lottery being an indictment on teams who tank.

Should the system reward inept management? Like LAK? Trade Russell, let go of Randall and Lopez?

Again, what my post meant was that the hard cap is what motivates tanking... not draft position.

Should NYK sign another Curry? When you bring in upgrade via free agency you must overpay. Overpay too much and you screw your cap space and prohibit yourself from really improving.

Now, sitting players is sorry and shouldn’t occur.

I LoVe having teams on the rise who have talent and are on verge bring in position to grab top pick. These teams can go from talented to title worthy whereas the process makes bad team average.

Maybe so Maf but the whole point of growth and parity in the NBA is to keep stars/top tier players in the city they were drafted. Why allow place for teams to get lucky in stacking the deck? I like the free agency system because guess what YOU DON'T HAVE TO OVERPAY...only organizations that are ran poorly do this. You brought up Lopez which really he's been above average during his career ...wasn't too long ago he was on a team regularly trashed on this board in the Nets. He has a couple good playoff games on a team already on the rise before he got there and now it's OMG with him. Did Bucks overpay to sign him though...same for Connaughton? NOPE!

There's no such thing as rewarding teams either. We have yrs of draft intel to look at to draw our own informed conclusions. Besides maybe the Cavs being the most suspicious of circumstances usually teams that move up finished between records 5-10. Since the odds shifted slightly more favorable for the middle of lottery you probably could extend this an extra spot. Grizz moved up too. That's how the lottery is supposed to work. It shouldn't be a foregone conclusion that if you end up Top 3 you remain Top 3. Lakers and Grizzlies got lucky

Not if teams draft correctly. Warriors and Sixers were near laughingstock teams 8yrs ago, not anymore. Denver did exactly that. We could have a Donovan Mitchell and Devin Booker back court. Again look at draft history and where mistakes were made. No one forces teams to sign the players they do. The NBA did not tell us to sign THJR when no one else would give him a deal and really the more current trend is teams trading for players right before they hit their new deal when stock is fairly low but following up with overpaying them or their own free agents. Again the NBA did not tell teams to do this

Last edited:

Broadway

All Star
I’m not sour, not one bit. Not an iota of sourness in me bones. Did my post come off sour? I’m just laughing at DA MEDIA for how they’re trying to run with the narrative of this lottery being an indictment on teams who tank.

Now, sitting players is sorry and shouldn’t occur.

Sorry for double posts, had technical difficulties yesterday

Last edited:

Kiyaman

Legend

The Media has been doing their best not to pity the Knicks fans for a 17 win season turning out to be a 3rd pick (Ja Morant), another young guard added to the Knicks young-core of guards on the roster .. Frank/DSJr/Trier/Dotson/ Ja/ plus signing shoot-first no chemistry Kyrie.
Plus the Knicks will have the best TANKING head-coach in the business Fizdale next season.

Zion did not want to show his happiness of being drafted by a winning Pelican's team having a super-star AD, that will take him to the NBA playoffs in his rookie season.
Barrett played it Kool, knowing he will be running the same plays next season with Jaren Jackson Jr. on the Memphis Grizz for a good shot at making the NBA playoffs in his rookie season.

Both Zion and Barrett are happy Silvers fix the Lottery for LOSER teams to only have 14% a chance of getting the 1st and 2nd pick of the draft.

mafra

Legend
There?s a reason why there is less parity in NBA than other sports. There?s a reason why 2-4 teams have a shot every decade or so.... I think there?s been like 12 teams to win a title last 40 years.

mafra

Legend
P&T reports:

So, what does all that mean? Well, (shameless plug) I spoke with Marc Berman of the New York Post on Locked On Knicks today, and he seemed to think maybe Knicks brass is being withholding right now because they?re working on a trade for that third pick, and don?t want to talk up Morant and Barrett only to ship the pick off.

?In and out of the hotel [Perry and Mills] said they can?t talk [to the media], and were not even willing to chit-chat. They were in a big, big hurry... My sense on why they?re not talking to us right now is, they don?t want to build up this third pick because they may trade it. They don?t want to start talking about RJ Barrett in the media when he could be part of an AD package.?

Kiyaman

Legend
P&T reports:

So, what does all that mean? Well, (shameless plug) I spoke with Marc Berman of the New York Post on Locked On Knicks today, and he seemed to think maybe Knicks brass is being withholding right now because they’re working on a trade for that third pick, and don’t want to talk up Morant and Barrett only to ship the pick off.

“In and out of the hotel [Perry and Mills] said they can’t talk [to the media], and were not even willing to chit-chat. They were in a big, big hurry... My sense on why they’re not talking to us right now is, they don’t want to build up this third pick because they may trade it. They don’t want to start talking about RJ Barrett in the media when he could be part of an AD package.”

Yes yes .. i do not want to know any of Mill/Perry FOOLISHNESS a head of time .. i have no confidence in the two knuckle-heads doing something to make the Knicks a winning team. Especially Mills !!!

P&T reports:

So, what does all that mean? Well, (shameless plug) I spoke with Marc Berman of the New York Post on Locked On Knicks today, and he seemed to think maybe Knicks brass is being withholding right now because they?re working on a trade for that third pick, and don?t want to talk up Morant and Barrett only to ship the pick off.

?In and out of the hotel [Perry and Mills] said they can?t talk [to the media], and were not even willing to chit-chat. They were in a big, big hurry... My sense on why they?re not talking to us right now is, they don?t want to build up this third pick because they may trade it. They don?t want to start talking about RJ Barrett in the media when he could be part of an AD package.?

Hard to figure what we?re doing. Knicks have met with Jarrett Culver and Cam Reddish in addition to Ja and RJ. Doesn?t make sense unless trading down is a possibility, unless our front office is just bored and trying to look thorough. Imagine we trade down and end up with Cam instead of RJ? Broadway would implode.

mafra

Legend
Hard to figure what we?re doing. Knicks have met with Jarrett Culver and Cam Reddish in addition to Ja and RJ. Doesn?t make sense unless trading down is a possibility, unless our front office is just bored and trying to look thorough. Imagine we trade down and end up with Cam instead of RJ? Broadway would implode.

A trade shouldn?t happen until late July. You can?t trade down unless you are building a roster around KD. Knicks won?t know about KD until the draft.

Trade down for a Beal type player only makes sense if we know KI and KD coming.

Otherwise, you take RJ and build around him.

A trade shouldn?t happen until late July. You can?t trade down unless you are building a roster around KD. Knicks won?t know about KD until the draft.

Trade down for a Beal type player only makes sense if we know KI and KD coming.

Otherwise, you take RJ and build around him.

I think our front office knows without a question whether or not KD is coming here in the offseason. I also think there is a very, very good chance they are trying to figure out a trade with Griff involving RJ and a lot of other assets for AD.

Griff has already blown off the Lakers and I get the feeling Boston is not going to go all-in on a AD trade if they think Kyrie is leaving (he is without a doubt leaving after how he acted in that playoff series).

AD wore the ?That?s All Folks? shirt in his final game as a Pelican for a reason. AD?s camp already said that getting Zion does nothing to make him want to stay in NO.

There are just so few pieces on the board that Mills, Perry, and Griff have to be talking. We may never know the truth if they can?t come to terms, but it?s the only explanation that makes sense to me to explain our front office literally ducking the media at every turn.

On the flip side, other teams are almost certainly approaching our front office to see what it would take to trade up to our #3 pick. Maybe that?s why we are feeling out guys like Cam and Culver.

mafra

Legend
Personally, I take RJ over Ingram and Tatum. I watched all 3 at Duke and Barrett was the better player. Barrett also fits the Zion rebuild timeline.... and they were both teammates at Duke.

I prefer Robinson to Kuzma or Brown, because he fits well with Zion-RJ front court. Zion and Robinson blocking shots and catching dunks with RJ as point forward.

Robinson is from Louisiana .. so there?s sign-ability there. LAK players are only under contract for 2-3 years... RJ under team control for 5.

It all depends on how DG views RJ/MR... he may value this 2 more than top 2 BOS or LAK can offer.

I?m cool just setting the foundation on RJ an MR myself. We better not make a foolish trade. Remember, RJ one of the most celebrated HS players since LeBron.

Personally, I take RJ over Ingram and Tatum. I watched all 3 at Duke and Barrett was the better player. Barrett also fits the Zion rebuild timeline.... and they were both teammates at Duke.

I prefer Robinson to Kuzma or Brown, because he fits well with Zion-RJ front court. Zion and Robinson blocking shots and catching dunks with RJ as point forward.

Robinson is from Louisiana .. so there?s sign-ability there. LAK players are only under contract for 2-3 years... RJ under team control for 5.

It all depends on how DG views RJ/MR... he may value this 2 more than top 2 BOS or LAK can offer.

I?m cool just setting the foundation on RJ an MR myself. We better not make a foolish trade. Remember, RJ one of the most celebrated HS players since LeBron.

It?s a horrible thing for me to say, but maybe the biggest reason that I think that we might be able to pull off an AD trade is because it would probably end up being an awful move for this franchise. We?d give up two potential future stars (RJ and MRob) and go from having 3 1st round picks in the next 2 years to only having 1.

mafra

Legend
I totally agree. However, with that said, given that AD and KI are both under 27.... and getting AD means you will easily sign KD.... you have to do it.

Only reason I balk is if they want a Melo type prospect of all my assets. I?ve been down that road.

In this case, a bird in the hand is worth 2 in the bush. We know KD can be a lead dawg if he has 2 legit star sidekicks and that?s what AD and KI are best suited to be.

But, like I said, there?s a limit and I?m prepared to walk away. RJ and MR plus Knits or DSJ and 2 picks. This is as far as I go...

KD May be on his way here but what happens when he hears LAC or BkLn pitch? What if he meets Dolan and is put off? If AD is here... well... it?s a great recruiting pitch.

That?s the move to win now.

RJ and gang may take 3 more years... who know.

But, again, no way we sell the farm. Let somebody else do that.

Broadway

All Star
There?s a reason why there is less parity in NBA than other sports. There?s a reason why 2-4 teams have a shot every decade or so.... I think there?s been like 12 teams to win a title last 40 years.

Actually by way of regular season records the NBA is becoming more paired, What jacks it up is this new generation of athletes Super Teaming up, eliminating the 5gm series, and to a lesser degree 7gm series and you have to have the best players on your team.

Miami and GSW did not overpay to acquire Durant and Lebron you know this right? I don't think Cleveland did either to reacquire Lebron, I'll have to look into that again

The last thing the NBA will look into in terms of competition committee is eliminating "Divisions" and going strictly by regular season record finishing, then pairing post season opponents. Once this happens the NBA might just become the best league of all sports, because odds can increase in winning for other teams

One of the reasons Lebron is opposed to it