2019 Draft lottery Prayer circle

jimkcchief88

All Star
Whew site back up in time I?ve been checking all day. Draft is here in the CHI. Beautiful day here!!! I have on my Knicks socks and I have two Knicks beanies. Trying to decide which is the luckiest of the two. I will be watching the lottery at work. Matter of fact I know which hat I?m wearing: the same one I was wearing when a get a bad yelp complaint from a ?customer?. They didn?t cop nothing and didn?t even know my name but they remembered my Knicks beanie. Store owner was laughing 😂. Hopefully it?s a winner🤞

Here we go. Hoping for the best but braced for the worst. Positive thoughts though.

Obviously, our pick is a big deal. Other big deal is if Mavs move up to top 5 pick. If they do, it protects their pick going to Atlanta which then delays the picks we get from them from 2021 and 2023.

mafra

Legend
I wore my NYK tee under my work shirt today.... let?s go!

Not liking these reports about trading Zion to NO. Now, if it?s Zion and Knits... and I can get KD plus a Rozier type free agent... well, then you have to consider.

But no way am i trading Zion, Robinson, Knox and Knits for a guy about to become a free agent.

Anyway.... tonight is about praying for 3 things.

1- We get Zion
2- We at least stay in top 4
3 - No team other than SAC, PHO, ATL, MEM get top pick.

I just can?t imagine winning Zion lottery,
Signing KD plus 1, and having 6 first rounders next 4 years. If this happens, build Perry a freaking statue.

Oh, how funny was the report that KP got beat up by a group of Russians!

Woj says that he doesn?t think that any team will plan on trading Zion to get AD. The appeal of Zion is too high.

Woj reiterating a minute ago live on ESPN that the Knicks will explore multiple options to try to trade for AD, but will not trade Zion if they are lucky enough to get him.

Obvious Mock Draft:

1. New Orleans - Zion
2. Memphis - Ja Morant (replacement for Conley)
3. Knicks - RJ Barrett
4. Lakers - get ****ed, thinking about who should go 4th and 5th is no longer our problem

We only had a 14% at #1 and only had a 27% chance at top 2. We had a 60% chance to fall to #4 or #5. Could have gone a lot worse than #3.

Mavs didn?t move up so we get their unprotected 2021 and protected 2023 1st round picks.

No one else who is going to try to trade for AD has a higher pick than us in the upcoming draft. New Orleans could reunite Zion and Barrett and send us AD.

This night could have gone a lot worse for us.

Last but not least, believe in the tank.

Worst record got us #3 pick. 2nd worst record got the Suns the #6 pick. That could have been us.

mafra

Legend
Well, the good news is we averted disaster. When I saw 3 teams jumped up I just assumed Knicks would pick 5th. I felt like it was Xmas when they didn?t select NYk fifth...

ESPN cuts to commercial... I?m still hopeful but rife with doubt...

They don?t fall to 4th... this was the first moment all week I believed in the possibility... then, before I know it... we are announced 3rd.

It?s the most emotionless spot to be in. You?re not angry bc we didn?t fall to 4 or 5, and a ?bad? team didn?t leap ahead of us... but you miss out on Zion and the ability to choose between Ja or RJ.

The good news: Zion and RJ are best pals. What better way to rebuild then to draft Zion and trade AD for for RJ. I do this in a heartbeat as long as we don?t have to mortgage half our assets to get him.

NO can rebuild around Zion and RJ... NY gets to place KD and AD together.

Not happy, but not upset.

And, hey, maybe we flip RJ to ATL for their 2 lottery picks?

mafra

Legend
Lakers had 2% at first pick and 6.7% odds to land in top 3...

Just irritating that they jumped ahead of us in 2015, jump up this draft... we've now gone 34 draft lotteries without moving up at all. Mostly, we fall. Technically we ended up in top 3, so maybe not a fall... but given lottery odds... the system dropped us from 1 to 3.

But, like it was already stated.... we get DAL pick next year, we still in top 3, nobody who can get AD is ahead of us.

For NYK fans, not being an utter failure is a major success. AD and KD means Zion who?

I?m excited about most likely getting RJ Barrett. I loved what I saw from him in the tourney.

We sign no one in free agency. MRob, RJ, and DSJ grow together and lead us into another lottery next year.

We sign Durant and Kyrie in free agency, I think RJ fits with them in the starting lineup, along with MRob and either DSJ or Trier.

We shoot for the moon, sign Durant and Kyrie, then use RJ after signing him along with MRob, other contracts to make the deal work, and 2 1st round picks to trade for AD. That package is debatable if it is the right thing to do, but definitely a package that could get the trade done.

Broadway

All Star
Lakers had 2% at first pick and 6.7% odds to land in top 3...

Just irritating that they jumped ahead of us in 2015, jump up this draft... we've now gone 34 draft lotteries without moving up at all. Mostly, we fall. Technically we ended up in top 3, so maybe not a fall... but given lottery odds... the system dropped us from 1 to 3.

But, like it was already stated.... we get DAL pick next year, we still in top 3, nobody who can get AD is ahead of us.

For NYK fans, not being an utter failure is a major success. AD and KD means Zion who?

We are not getting AD without landing today's #1 pick. No shot mater of fact no team will get him based on what I'm hearing about Griffin's philosophy on handling the AD situation. He's been looking for a way to keep him Day 1. Now they have the #1 pick and I believe AD may end up staying especially to complete his last yr under contract

Kiyaman

Legend
Obvious Mock Draft:

1. New Orleans - Zion
2. Memphis - Ja Morant (replacement for Conley)
3. Knicks - RJ Barrett
4. Lakers - get ****ed, thinking about who should go 4th and 5th is no longer our problem

I guess my hope, dream, and luck for the 1st pick came in 3rd !!!

Last but not least, believe in the tank.

Worst record got us #3 pick. 2nd worst record got the Suns the #6 pick. That could have been us.

14% are 14% !!!

jimkcchief88

All Star
We are not getting AD without landing today's #1 pick. No shot mater of fact no team will get him based on what I'm hearing about Griffin's philosophy on handling the AD situation. He's been looking for a way to keep him Day 1. Now they have the #1 pick and I believe AD may end up staying especially to complete his last yr under contract

Exactly. We got screwed twice. With Zion going to the Pelicans AD ain?t going anywhere:(. Our only hope is the AD/Kyrie thing is not just smoke and mirrors. And I don?t really care for the other Dukies. They got their asses handed to them when Zion wasn?t on the floor.

Last edited: