2019 Draft lottery Prayer circle

tiger0330

Legend
Didn’t realize KP probably broke his hand in that bar fight overseas.

Tonight guaranteed we get an unprotected Dallas 1st round pick in 2021. Not bad for a bar fighting, alleged rapist who is now recovering from 2 injuries. Too bad the 2023 pick is top 10 protected.
Did he break his hand? Read he told the Mavs it wasn't true. Who knew Latvia had tougher neighborhoods than NY.

You're Griffin these are the offers you get from the Celts and Lakers. Celts [FONT=&quot]Brown[/FONT][FONT=&quot], Tatum, Smart, 14th pick or Lakers Ball, Ingram, Kuzma, 4t[/FONT][FONT=&quot]h pic[/FONT][FONT=&quot]k. Knicks offer would be a joke. [/FONT]

I don?t think Celtics trade away Tatum. The other players you listed are good young players, but not stars.

Knicks offer would be #3 this year plus two future 1st round picks plus MRob plus a bunch of other low cost deals. It?s the picks that matter in my opinion.

Also, and I am biased, I think MRob is going to be a star. Only player you mentioned above that I think has a higher ceiling than him is Tatum. Plus, he is on a team friendly deal for years. Won?t have to get paid soon like the other guys you mentioned.

Broadway

All Star
Ja is from South Carolina. RJ is from Canada. Makes much more sense to draft the southern kid and flip Conley for assets. That’s the smart move, with everything relatively equal.

Hey, we beat the odds and got a top 3 pick. RJ or Ja or major trade asset!

I hope Grizzlies can move Conley somehow but moving $33mil of salary for each of the next 2yrs is not an easy get. Maybe Phx is the destination to move Conley or Charlotte if they lose Kemba?

I hope Grizzlies can move Conley somehow but moving $33mil of salary for each of the next 2yrs is not an easy get. Maybe Phx is the destination to move Conley or Charlotte if they lose Kemba?

Phoenix has been the rumored destination for a while. They could be pissed enough about falling to #6 that they flip the pick. Only so much room for more young guys on that roster.

mafra

Legend
If NO has to accept reality and trade AD, instead of gambling the year with Zion will convince him to stay....

RJ or Ja is more attractive than Tatum or Ingram.

mafra

Legend
You're Griffin these are the offers you get from the Celts and Lakers. Celts [FONT=&quot]Brown[/FONT][FONT=&quot], Tatum, Smart, 14th pick or Lakers Ball, Ingram, Kuzma, 4t[/FONT][FONT=&quot]h pic[/FONT][FONT=&quot]k. Knicks offer would be a joke. [/FONT]

It?s all about cost and control... most of the players you mentioned are nearing free agency. RJ would be under control 5 years, Knox for 4 years... Robinson is from NOLA and we have first rounders to offer to. Yes it?s competitive and equal to other offers.... just boils down to how much we or others throw in to sweeten out and what headliner they value most.

mafra

Legend
1. The Knicks are already better right now than they were at the season?s end, and their future is already brighter, and their roster is already stronger.

2. RJ Barrett isn?t the sensation that his Duke teammate, Williamson, is, but on this day a year ago he was the presumptive No. 1 pick in this draft, and he was every bit the star Williamson was during his five-month college cameo, averaging exactly as many points (22.6), almost as many rebounds (8.9 to 7.6) and twice as many assists (4.3 to 2.1).

3. The real prize, always, was going to be ? and remains ? July 1, when the NBA?s free-agency sweepstakes begins, when the Knicks are expected to be real players with two elite players, and if you believe so much of the chatter that has been electrifying the league these past few months, Kevin Durant is a realistic target of those ambitions.

In a few days, you?ll feel better. Yes, Zion will almost certainly be a Pelican (and, who knows, may well be the force that makes Anthony Davis change his mind about staying in New Orleans). Ja will probably be a Grizzly, a franchise that has enjoyed 12 years of elite point-guard play from Mike Conley and will now likely draft his heir apparent.

But the Knicks will have Barrett, who some scouts insist is the better Duke player, who in most other years would?ve been Tuesday?s Grand Prize, who is every bit as appealing an asset for the Knicks to show off when they begin their most important recruiting pitches in years in less than two months. In a few days, that?ll make you feel better.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/nypost...son-lottery-nightmare-wont-sting-forever/amp/

mafra

Legend
This tweet sums up the AD chatter:

?Strictly depends on who Pelicans are targeting after Zion..
If they want RJ or JA + multiple 1st rd picks , Knicks have advantage.
If they want more established players and aren't high on JA/RJ that would leave Lakers in lead.?

Personally, I prefer to keep RJ, Knox and MRob instead of flipping them for a third max contract.

We could have a sweet blend of 2 max guys... 2 top 10 players... a 30 yr-old legend with a 26 yr-old stud to go with a bunch of talented 20-24 yr-olds.

Re-sign a Jordan and bring in a smart vet or 2.... maybe target a Beal type player in a cheaper trade option?

But trading for that third star KLove type isn?t worth trading 3-4 young players and multiple picks.

With AD you have to consider it, though, bc KD, AD, Kyrie and all of us over here on this board might win a title within 3 years. Plus, this worked for MIA...

But if the consolation is keeping RJ? Yeah, I?m cool. And I would give Knox and 3 for 2 and 2 second rounder (bc we proven we can work those picks and next year that pick from MEM would be an early second.... and bc RJ is better than Knox and both, to me, are same types and we already have DSJ).

However, if we determine Ja is better than DSJ, and represents an upgrade... then... don?t trade bc the PG position is more important.

Such a weird mix of emotions: pissed, happy, irked and perturbed yet somewhat hopeful....

I will say this. To us, this is all fun and games. To Zion, one of the biggest young stars in sports, finding out tonight he has to live for years in New Orleans on his rookie deal, I kind of feel for the kid.

I hope the 35th anniversary of the 1984 draft plays a factor here. Olajuwon was the #1 but Jordan was the #3.

Broadway

All Star
I will say this. To us, this is all fun and games. To Zion, one of the biggest young stars in sports, finding out tonight he has to live for years in New Orleans on his rookie deal, I kind of feel for the kid.

I don't other than the fact maybe he was dreaming but this kid is going to be major no matter what and make all kinds of money. Take it from Lebron, Duncan, Melo, Wade, George, Durant(before he bailed like a Stank Whiny Diva)...you can take the league by storm and play in a small/obscure markets. I could turn to athletes in other sports likewise Manning, Farve, Rogers, Elway, Griffey, Bo Jackson, Stanton, Mahomes, Vick

As some have stated once he recalibrates his brain and heart he'll see, especially if he's one of the GREAT ONES

I do not like the idea of athletes trying to determine where they play, before they played a game. It really craps on teams who landed where they landed. Just think if that was to ever happen with us we wouldn't like it. Man up and play where you're picked and when you're a FA leave if you may. They are in the big boy league now, no holding hands here

Broadway

All Star
Griffin comments still crack me up...

He never traded away any of his top picks in Cleveland. Even the yr when everyone and their mom knew maybe he should've when he thought he was outsmarting the league and selected Bennett EL OH EL!

Now he wants to talk all Oracle like anybody can get the suck of the business any which way....GTHOH with the tough suit talk my guy :teeth:

Like none of these clowns ever fool me with this crap. Like at any moment he'll bottom up the team and he's the only one left standing with a fistful of picks. I'm not saying he won't exercise a measure of due diligence, but cut it out.

rady

Administrator
Staff member
Sorry for the down time, fellas, i had a busy weekend and found out about the problem just 4 hous before the lottery (close to midnight where i live). It was something out of my control and was quite a pain getting in touch with the support team but once i did it they moved really fast and were able to have it back up in time. Basically something went wrong in the VPS logs, they got too large overnight and took on to all of the available disk space causing the website to fail to load.

Anyway, tough lottery, got mixed feelings about it, i'm somehow frustrated that we only got third but looking at the Cavs and Suns makes it easier to digest..

mafra

Legend
Great fix, Rady. Whatever it was, at least it contributed in some small way to the proper atmosphere that led to the team securing a top 3 pick for the NY Knicks.

RJ or JA, no matter wha.

tiger0330

Legend
In closing, I just hope Tig has been right all this time AND. Zion ends up being a huge bust.
Never said Zion was a bust, just too much hype with the GOAT talk before he set foot in the NBA. After seeing him tonight, I like his intangibles, he'll be a solid NBA citizen. I would not expect him in a Josh Jackson or Kristaps Porzingis incident. His motor may be his best attribute. His shooting mechanics need improvement but he should have an immediate impact defensively for NO while his shooting catches up.

One day later, I?m realizing that there is no way in hell that I want to trade MRob, RJ Barrett, and 2 future 1st round picks for AD on a huge contract. Lakers can be the ones to make that kind of deal.

mafra

Legend
Good news about picking third, is we don?t have to make a choice. Had we been put in a position to choose then you know we choose wrong. And, let?s be honest, we would?ve traded Zion to NO anyway. Maybe this is a blessing.

mafra

Legend
LAK has nothing but junk to offer, young players on verge of free agency.

If they trade AD it has to be about building around Zion, which means you wants years of control.... BOs might have the assets of Brown and Tatum agree to sign with NO, or else they don?t have anything either.