2019 Draft lottery Prayer circle

We are not getting AD without landing today's #1 pick. No shot mater of fact no team will get him based on what I'm hearing about Griffin's philosophy on handling the AD situation. He's been looking for a way to keep him Day 1. Now they have the #1 pick and I believe AD may end up staying especially to complete his last yr under contract

Entirely possible. But, if AD does then leave in free agency and they get nothing for him, I hope Griffin has his resume ready because that will be his job. Chance to get 2 1st round picks and multiple prospects from someone for AD this offseason.

Broadway

All Star
I’m excited about most likely getting RJ Barrett. I loved what I saw from him in the tourney.

We sign no one in free agency. MRob, RJ, and DSJ grow together and lead us into another lottery next year.

We sign Durant and Kyrie in free agency, I think RJ fits with them in the starting lineup, along with MRob and either DSJ or Trier.

We shoot for the moon, sign Durant and Kyrie, then use RJ after signing him along with MRob, other contracts to make the deal work, and 2 1st round picks to trade for AD. That package is debatable if it is the right thing to do, but definitely a package that could get the trade done.

So am I but I wonder if Memphis wants him, they still have a load of money tied to Conley. We needed to be #2

I'm disappointed in lottery results but this is why you still lose as many gms as possible because we could be drafting much lower than #3

Would any of you move Knox and #3 to move to #2?

So am I but I wonder if Memphis wants him, they still have a load of money tied to Conley. We needed to be #2

I'm disappointed in lottery results but this is why you still lose as many gms as possible because we could be drafting much lower than #3

You want to be #2 because you are worried that Memphis will take Barrett instead of Ja?

mafra

Legend
I seriously doubt AD wants to squander next 3 years of his prime to wait on Zion.
I think he?s already out the door...

I do agree this is the Hail Mary NO needed to have a shot, and they can now trade the top pick for help...

But, I do believe if NO trades AD... NYK has to be the favorite to land him. RJ and Zion are buddies and he?s more attractive (based on years of control and relationship with ZW) than best asset LAK or BOS has to offer in Ingram or Tatum.

Just hilarious the 1 team to get Zion is the only team that can?t trade for Zion. Never underestimate NBA?s willingness to rig the process.

Anyway, I?m not on board trading another Melo package for AD.

I prefer RJ, Knox, MRob and 2 first rounders... plus, it?s easier to keep kids and sign 2 max deals than sign KD, trade farm for AD, and find a way to round out the roster.

Are we better to have KD, AD, KI (if possible) with a bunch of street bodies?

Marc Spears reporting that Zion was quickly ?whisked? out of the room after New Orleans won the lottery. He wanted NYC. The drama begins. Biggest loser might be Zion if he really didn?t want to go to NO.

Broadway

All Star
Entirely possible. But, if AD does then leave in free agency and they get nothing for him, I hope Griffin has his resume ready because that will be his job. Chance to get 2 1st round picks and multiple prospects from someone for AD this offseason.

I think Griffin will discern if he can talk him in to staying or not and proceed accordingly but initially I don't see him entertaining many offers if any

mafra

Legend

Tough call... we have DSJ so Ja not as much a need as RJ. Then again, RJ and Knox are clones... heavy usage guys.

I might consider trade 3 to ATL for their 2 picks this year and a future first. Grab PG Garland plus a PF.

Then again, this time last year RJ Barrett was the number 1 pick... top HS recruit. Memphis could go RJ and Jax and have their wings... Still, this is a PG league... I predict they go Ja, trade Conley to LAK or something.

I think Griffin will discern if he can talk him in to staying or not and proceed accordingly but initially I don't see him entertaining many offers if any

Probably true, but I think it?s a big risk for him. We saw this last season how quickly star players with expiring contracts lose blockbuster trade value as the season rolls along.

mafra

Legend
Marc Spears reporting that Zion was quickly ?whisked? out of the room after New Orleans won the lottery. He wanted NYC. The drama begins. Biggest loser might be Zion if he really didn?t want to go to NO.

He should pull an Elway or Eli and Kobe and refuse to play there. Threaten to go overseas.

Yeah there's a chance they may want a Barrett/Jackson front court for yrs to come. Really wonder what they want? Barrett can be T-Mac 2.0

So you dislike Ja Morant then? I?m surprised. Barrett is a better fit for us, but most people think Ja is a future star as well.

My guess is that if Memphis ends up wanting Barrett then Knox isn?t going to be enough to make them take Ja instead.

Broadway

All Star
I seriously doubt AD wants to squander next 3 years of his prime to wait on Zion.
I think he?s already out the door...

I do agree this is the Hail Mary NO needed to have a shot, and they can now trade the top pick for help...

But, I do believe if NO trades AD... NYK has to be the favorite to land him. RJ and Zion are buddies and he?s more attractive (based on years of control and relationship with ZW) than best asset LAK or BOS has to offer in Ingram or Tatum.

Just hilarious the 1 team to get Zion is the only team that can?t trade for Zion. Never underestimate NBA?s willingness to rig the process.

Anyway, I?m not on board trading another Melo package for AD.

I prefer RJ, Knox, MRob and 2 first rounders... plus, it?s easier to keep kids and sign 2 max deals than sign KD, trade farm for AD, and find a way to round out the roster.

Are we better to have KD, AD, KI (if possible) with a bunch of street bodies?

Actually the Lakers fans are talking with as much gusto as some of our fans. They think Lebron and #4 to Pels so he can play with his buddy would do it to land Zion. Lebron doesn't have a no trade clause. Clearly a better package than ours

I'll let you be the one to speak rationale to them

Broadway

All Star
So you dislike Ja Morant then? I’m surprised. Barrett is a better fit for us, but most people think Ja is a future star as well.

My guess is that if Memphis ends up wanting Barrett then Knox isn’t going to be enough to make them take Ja instead.

No I don't dislike Morant. Grizzlies have Conely at point guard did you not see me mention it initially? Therefore I wonder if they prefer Barrett as a better option for now. It's a toss up between talents, although I edge Barrett

If we land Morant I'm more than okay officially buh-bye to Knits(DSJ, Dot, Trier, Jenkins are enough)

Actually the Lakers fans are talking with as much gusto as some of our fans. They think Lebron and #4 to Pels so he can play with his buddy would do it to land Zion. Lebron doesn't have a no trade clause. Clearly a better package than ours

I'll let you be the one to speak rationale to them

LOL. If New Orleans trades Zion for 34-year-old Lebron and Darius Garland, the NBA should just shut them down. It would go down as one of the worst trades in NBA history.

Trading away AD on an expiring contract is one thing. New Orleans trading away Zion in year 1 of his rookie deal, ludicrous.

No I don't dislike Morant. Grizzlies have Conely at point guard did you not see me mention it initially? Therefore I wonder if they prefer Barrett as a better option for now. It's a toss up between talents, although I edge Barrett

If we land Morant I'm more than okay officially buh-bye to Knits(DSJ, Dot, Trier, Jenkins are enough)

Yeah, I saw you mention Conley. I was referring to why you wanted to trade up to #2 using Knox. It implied you wanted Barrett over Ja badly enough that you would burn an asset. Maybe you don?t consider Knox much of an asset, which is fine.

Broadway

All Star
Tough call... we have DSJ so Ja not as much a need as RJ. Then again, RJ and Knox are clones... heavy usage guys.

I might consider trade 3 to ATL for their 2 picks this year and a future first. Grab PG Garland plus a PF.

Then again, this time last year RJ Barrett was the number 1 pick... top HS recruit. Memphis could go RJ and Jax and have their wings... Still, this is a PG league... I predict they go Ja, trade Conley to LAK or something.

Lakers can outright sign Kemba at no cost who's probably better at this point(I'm hearing he's a Top target). I would move Knox and #3 for Barrett without batting an eye. They can throw in some 2nd rd picks or something for compensation

mafra

Legend
This is hopefully like LeBron draft... sucks missing out on LJ, but Wade and Melo not bad consolation prizes.

I?m fine with either Ja or RJ. I wouldn?t trade an asset to secure 1 over the other.

Would I trade the pick for a proven player? Probably not... maybe getting Ja or RJ allows team to trade DSJ or Knox.

NBA is rigged tho. Why not take 100 balls... 14 NYK balls, 6 NO balls and so on and so forth and just pick a ball like bingo. Doing stuff behind close doors and getting these results screams FIXED!

Broadway

All Star
LOL. If New Orleans trades Zion for 34-year-old Lebron and Darius Garland, the NBA should just shut them down. It would go down as one of the worst trades in NBA history.

Trading away AD on an expiring contract is one thing. New Orleans trading away Zion in year 1 of his rookie deal, ludicrous.

Which gets back to what I said Zion is going nowhere...

mafra

Legend
Lakers can outright sign Kemba at no cost who's probably better at this point(I'm hearing he's a Top target). I would move Knox and #3 for Barrett without batting an eye. They can throw in some 2nd rd picks or something for compensation

POR in WCF with a guard from Murray St and another from Lehigh. I prefer Ja and Knox to RJ. I do agree, tho, if you have your heart set on RJ... and you think DSJ is the PG of the future... than Knox is expendable (and Ja redundant).... I would prefer to trade Ja for something else tho... maybe get something better than RJ.

Broadway

All Star
Yeah, I saw you mention Conley. I was referring to why you wanted to trade up to #2 using Knox. It implied you wanted Barrett over Ja badly enough that you would burn an asset. Maybe you don’t consider Knox much of an asset, which is fine.

I like Knox less than our bevy of guards is what it comes down to...Ja seems like more overkill but I'll take him.

I know the team who wanted him most was Phx. Is there any trade you would move down with to 6 that doesn't include Ayton or Booker?