Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Lakers had 2% at first pick and 6.7% odds to land in top 3...

Just irritating that they jumped ahead of us in 2015, jump up this draft... we've now gone 34 draft lotteries without moving up at all. Mostly, we fall. Technically we ended up in top 3, so maybe not a fall... but given lottery odds... the system dropped us from 1 to 3.

But, like it was already stated.... we get DAL pick next year, we still in top 3, nobody who can get AD is ahead of us.

For NYK fans, not being an utter failure is a major success. AD and KD means Zion who?

Veteran

Iím excited about most likely getting RJ Barrett. I loved what I saw from him in the tourney.

We sign no one in free agency. MRob, RJ, and DSJ grow together and lead us into another lottery next year.

We sign Durant and Kyrie in free agency, I think RJ fits with them in the starting lineup, along with MRob and either DSJ or Trier.

We shoot for the moon, sign Durant and Kyrie, then use RJ after signing him along with MRob, other contracts to make the deal work, and 2 1st round picks to trade for AD. That package is debatable if it is the right thing to do, but definitely a package that could get the trade done.

Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by mafra View Post
    Lakers had 2% at first pick and 6.7% odds to land in top 3...

Just irritating that they jumped ahead of us in 2015, jump up this draft... we've now gone 34 draft lotteries without moving up at all. Mostly, we fall. Technically we ended up in top 3, so maybe not a fall... but given lottery odds... the system dropped us from 1 to 3.

But, like it was already stated.... we get DAL pick next year, we still in top 3, nobody who can get AD is ahead of us.

For NYK fans, not being an utter failure is a major success. AD and KD means Zion who?

We are not getting AD without landing today's #1 pick. No shot mater of fact no team will get him based on what I'm hearing about Griffin's philosophy on handling the AD situation. He's been looking for a way to keep him Day 1. Now they have the #1 pick and I believe AD may end up staying especially to complete his last yr under contract

12th man

Quote Originally Posted by htr10 View Post
    Obvious Mock Draft:

1. New Orleans - Zion
    2. Memphis - Ja Morant (replacement for Conley)
    3. Knicks - RJ Barrett
    4. Lakers - get ****ed, thinking about who should go 4th and 5th is no longer our problem
    I guess my hope, dream, and luck for the 1st pick came in 3rd !!!

Last but not least, believe in the tank.

Worst record got us #3 pick. 2nd worst record got the Suns the #6 pick. That could have been us.
    14% are 14% !!!

Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Broadway View Post
    We are not getting AD without landing today's #1 pick. No shot mater of fact no team will get him based on what I'm hearing about Griffin's philosophy on handling the AD situation. He's been looking for a way to keep him Day 1. Now they have the #1 pick and I believe AD may end up staying especially to complete his last yr under contract
    Exactly. We got screwed twice. With Zion going to the Pelicans AD ainít going anywhere. Our only hope is the AD/Kyrie thing is not just smoke and mirrors. And I donít really care for the other Dukies. They got their asses handed to them when Zion wasnít on the floor.
    Last edited by jimkcchief88; May 14, 2019 at 22:02.

Veteran

Entirely possible. But, if AD does then leave in free agency and they get nothing for him, I hope Griffin has his resume ready because that will be his job. Chance to get 2 1st round picks and multiple prospects from someone for AD this offseason.

Veteran

I’m excited about most likely getting RJ Barrett. I loved what I saw from him in the tourney.

We sign no one in free agency. MRob, RJ, and DSJ grow together and lead us into another lottery next year.

We sign Durant and Kyrie in free agency, I think RJ fits with them in the starting lineup, along with MRob and either DSJ or Trier.

We shoot for the moon, sign Durant and Kyrie, then use RJ after signing him along with MRob, other contracts to make the deal work, and 2 1st round picks to trade for AD. That package is debatable if it is the right thing to do, but definitely a package that could get the trade done.
    So am I but I wonder if Memphis wants him, they still have a load of money tied to Conley. We needed to be #2

I'm disappointed in lottery results but this is why you still lose as many gms as possible because we could be drafting much lower than #3

Would any of you move Knox and #3 to move to #2?

Veteran

So am I but I wonder if Memphis wants him, they still have a load of money tied to Conley. We needed to be #2

I'm disappointed in lottery results but this is why you still lose as many gms as possible because we could be drafting much lower than #3

You want to be #2 because you are worried that Memphis will take Barrett instead of Ja?

I seriously doubt AD wants to squander next 3 years of his prime to wait on Zion.
    I think heís already out the door...

I do agree this is the Hail Mary NO needed to have a shot, and they can now trade the top pick for help...

But, I do believe if NO trades AD... NYK has to be the favorite to land him. RJ and Zion are buddies and heís more attractive (based on years of control and relationship with ZW) than best asset LAK or BOS has to offer in Ingram or Tatum.

Just hilarious the 1 team to get Zion is the only team that canít trade for Zion. Never underestimate NBAís willingness to rig the process.

Anyway, Iím not on board trading another Melo package for AD.

I prefer RJ, Knox, MRob and 2 first rounders... plus, itís easier to keep kids and sign 2 max deals than sign KD, trade farm for AD, and find a way to round out the roster.

Are we better to have KD, AD, KI (if possible) with a bunch of street bodies?

Veteran

Marc Spears reporting that Zion was quickly ďwhiskedĒ out of the room after New Orleans won the lottery. He wanted NYC. The drama begins. Biggest loser might be Zion if he really didnít want to go to NO.

Veteran

Entirely possible. But, if AD does then leave in free agency and they get nothing for him, I hope Griffin has his resume ready because that will be his job. Chance to get 2 1st round picks and multiple prospects from someone for AD this offseason.
    I think Griffin will discern if he can talk him in to staying or not and proceed accordingly but initially I don't see him entertaining many offers if any

Veteran

You want to be #2 because you are worried that Memphis will take Barrett instead of Ja?

Yeah there's a chance they may want a Barrett/Jackson front court for yrs to come. Really wonder what they want? Barrett can be T-Mac 2.0

Tough call... we have DSJ so Ja not as much a need as RJ. Then again, RJ and Knox are clones... heavy usage guys.

I might consider trade 3 to ATL for their 2 picks this year and a future first. Grab PG Garland plus a PF.

Then again, this time last year RJ Barrett was the number 1 pick... top HS recruit. Memphis could go RJ and Jax and have their wings... Still, this is a PG league... I predict they go Ja, trade Conley to LAK or something.

Veteran

I think Griffin will discern if he can talk him in to staying or not and proceed accordingly but initially I don't see him entertaining many offers if any
    Probably true, but I think itís a big risk for him. We saw this last season how quickly star players with expiring contracts lose blockbuster trade value as the season rolls along.

Marc Spears reporting that Zion was quickly ďwhiskedĒ out of the room after New Orleans won the lottery. He wanted NYC. The drama begins. Biggest loser might be Zion if he really didnít want to go to NO.
    He should pull an Elway or Eli and Kobe and refuse to play there. Threaten to go overseas.