Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Broadway View Post
    Yeah there's a chance they may want a Barrett/Jackson front court for yrs to come. Really wonder what they want? Barrett can be T-Mac 2.0
    So you dislike Ja Morant then? Iím surprised. Barrett is a better fit for us, but most people think Ja is a future star as well.

My guess is that if Memphis ends up wanting Barrett then Knox isnít going to be enough to make them take Ja instead.

Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by mafra View Post
    I seriously doubt AD wants to squander next 3 years of his prime to wait on Zion.
    I think heís already out the door...

I do agree this is the Hail Mary NO needed to have a shot, and they can now trade the top pick for help...

But, I do believe if NO trades AD... NYK has to be the favorite to land him. RJ and Zion are buddies and heís more attractive (based on years of control and relationship with ZW) than best asset LAK or BOS has to offer in Ingram or Tatum.

Just hilarious the 1 team to get Zion is the only team that canít trade for Zion. Never underestimate NBAís willingness to rig the process.

Anyway, Iím not on board trading another Melo package for AD.

I prefer RJ, Knox, MRob and 2 first rounders... plus, itís easier to keep kids and sign 2 max deals than sign KD, trade farm for AD, and find a way to round out the roster.

Are we better to have KD, AD, KI (if possible) with a bunch of street bodies?

Actually the Lakers fans are talking with as much gusto as some of our fans. They think Lebron and #4 to Pels so he can play with his buddy would do it to land Zion. Lebron doesn't have a no trade clause. Clearly a better package than ours

I'll let you be the one to speak rationale to them

Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by htr10 View Post
    So you dislike Ja Morant then? I’m surprised. Barrett is a better fit for us, but most people think Ja is a future star as well.

My guess is that if Memphis ends up wanting Barrett then Knox isn’t going to be enough to make them take Ja instead.
    No I don't dislike Morant. Grizzlies have Conely at point guard did you not see me mention it initially? Therefore I wonder if they prefer Barrett as a better option for now. It's a toss up between talents, although I edge Barrett

If we land Morant I'm more than okay officially buh-bye to Knits(DSJ, Dot, Trier, Jenkins are enough)

Veteran

Actually the Lakers fans are talking with as much gusto as some of our fans. They think Lebron and #4 to Pels so he can play with his buddy would do it to land Zion. Lebron doesn't have a no trade clause. Clearly a better package than ours

I'll let you be the one to speak rationale to them
    LOL. If New Orleans trades Zion for 34-year-old Lebron and Darius Garland, the NBA should just shut them down. It would go down as one of the worst trades in NBA history.

Trading away AD on an expiring contract is one thing. New Orleans trading away Zion in year 1 of his rookie deal, ludicrous.

Veteran

No I don't dislike Morant. Grizzlies have Conely at point guard did you not see me mention it initially? Therefore I wonder if they prefer Barrett as a better option for now. It's a toss up between talents, although I edge Barrett

If we land Morant I'm more than okay officially buh-bye to Knits(DSJ, Dot, Trier, Jenkins are enough)
    Yeah, I saw you mention Conley. I was referring to why you wanted to trade up to #2 using Knox. It implied you wanted Barrett over Ja badly enough that you would burn an asset. Maybe you donít consider Knox much of an asset, which is fine.

Veteran

Tough call... we have DSJ so Ja not as much a need as RJ. Then again, RJ and Knox are clones... heavy usage guys.

I might consider trade 3 to ATL for their 2 picks this year and a future first. Grab PG Garland plus a PF.

Then again, this time last year RJ Barrett was the number 1 pick... top HS recruit. Memphis could go RJ and Jax and have their wings... Still, this is a PG league... I predict they go Ja, trade Conley to LAK or something.
    Lakers can outright sign Kemba at no cost who's probably better at this point(I'm hearing he's a Top target). I would move Knox and #3 for Barrett without batting an eye. They can throw in some 2nd rd picks or something for compensation

This is hopefully like LeBron draft... sucks missing out on LJ, but Wade and Melo not bad consolation prizes.

Iím fine with either Ja or RJ. I wouldnít trade an asset to secure 1 over the other.

Would I trade the pick for a proven player? Probably not... maybe getting Ja or RJ allows team to trade DSJ or Knox.

NBA is rigged tho. Why not take 100 balls... 14 NYK balls, 6 NO balls and so on and so forth and just pick a ball like bingo. Doing stuff behind close doors and getting these results screams FIXED!

Veteran

LOL. If New Orleans trades Zion for 34-year-old Lebron and Darius Garland, the NBA should just shut them down. It would go down as one of the worst trades in NBA history.

Trading away AD on an expiring contract is one thing. New Orleans trading away Zion in year 1 of his rookie deal, ludicrous.
    Which gets back to what I said Zion is going nowhere...

Lakers can outright sign Kemba at no cost who's probably better at this point(I'm hearing he's a Top target). I would move Knox and #3 for Barrett without batting an eye. They can throw in some 2nd rd picks or something for compensation
    POR in WCF with a guard from Murray St and another from Lehigh. I prefer Ja and Knox to RJ. I do agree, tho, if you have your heart set on RJ... and you think DSJ is the PG of the future... than Knox is expendable (and Ja redundant).... I would prefer to trade Ja for something else tho... maybe get something better than RJ.

Veteran

Yeah, I saw you mention Conley. I was referring to why you wanted to trade up to #2 using Knox. It implied you wanted Barrett over Ja badly enough that you would burn an asset. Maybe you don’t consider Knox much of an asset, which is fine.
    I like Knox less than our bevy of guards is what it comes down to...Ja seems like more overkill but I'll take him.

I know the team who wanted him most was Phx. Is there any trade you would move down with to 6 that doesn't include Ayton or Booker?

Arrest of Jax may motivate them.... 6 and Jax and first in 2021?

But I like Ja ten times more than DSJ, personally. This kid has it all... oh, and he enjoys passing.

Veteran

I like Knox less than our bevy of guards is what it comes down to...Ja seems like more overkill but I'll take him.

I know the team who wanted him most was Phx. Is there any trade you would move down with to 6 that doesn't include Ayton or Booker?
    I think what Atlanta did last year makes the most sense to us if Zion and Barrett are 1 and 2 and we donít want Ja. Trade down for a future 1st rounder and then hope someone we do like is available a few picks later.

At least NYK creates 1.6 mil more in cap space...

"It's the same situation," Griffin said. "We want to create an environment players are attracted to. We feel very strongly Anthony in totality will be attracted to what we can build and what we can offer. It's the same for all players. We're going to stand for something. We hope that repeats itself."

When asked if the Pelicans landing the No. 1 pick would change how he values landing another top pick in the 2019 NBA Draft via trade, Griffin said, "Not really."

"I said this in Cleveland, I don't believe anything or anyone is untouchable in our business," he added.

"There's a value for everything. I think there's a situation in our league where most people try to shy away from big decisions because you can be wrong. That's not how our organization's going to operate. We're going to do what's best for us long term, whatever that looks like."

Veteran

"It's the same situation," Griffin said. "We want to create an environment players are attracted to. We feel very strongly Anthony in totality will be attracted to what we can build and what we can offer. It's the same for all players. We're going to stand for something. We hope that repeats itself."

When asked if the Pelicans landing the No. 1 pick would change how he values landing another top pick in the 2019 NBA Draft via trade, Griffin said, "Not really."

"I said this in Cleveland, I don't believe anything or anyone is untouchable in our business," he added.

"There's a value for everything. I think there's a situation in our league where most people try to shy away from big decisions because you can be wrong. That's not how our organization's going to operate. We're going to do what's best for us long term, whatever that looks like."
    Sounds like he is open to playing ball if he likes the offer.