2019 Draft lottery Prayer circle

mafra

Legend
Arrest of Jax may motivate them.... 6 and Jax and first in 2021?

But I like Ja ten times more than DSJ, personally. This kid has it all... oh, and he enjoys passing.

I like Knox less than our bevy of guards is what it comes down to...Ja seems like more overkill but I'll take him.

I know the team who wanted him most was Phx. Is there any trade you would move down with to 6 that doesn't include Ayton or Booker?

I think what Atlanta did last year makes the most sense to us if Zion and Barrett are 1 and 2 and we don?t want Ja. Trade down for a future 1st rounder and then hope someone we do like is available a few picks later.

mafra

Legend
"It's the same situation," Griffin said. "We want to create an environment players are attracted to. We feel very strongly Anthony in totality will be attracted to what we can build and what we can offer. It's the same for all players. We're going to stand for something. We hope that repeats itself."

When asked if the Pelicans landing the No. 1 pick would change how he values landing another top pick in the 2019 NBA Draft via trade, Griffin said, "Not really."

"I said this in Cleveland, I don't believe anything or anyone is untouchable in our business," he added.

"There's a value for everything. I think there's a situation in our league where most people try to shy away from big decisions because you can be wrong. That's not how our organization's going to operate. We're going to do what's best for us long term, whatever that looks like."

"It's the same situation," Griffin said. "We want to create an environment players are attracted to. We feel very strongly Anthony in totality will be attracted to what we can build and what we can offer. It's the same for all players. We're going to stand for something. We hope that repeats itself."

When asked if the Pelicans landing the No. 1 pick would change how he values landing another top pick in the 2019 NBA Draft via trade, Griffin said, "Not really."

"I said this in Cleveland, I don't believe anything or anyone is untouchable in our business," he added.

"There's a value for everything. I think there's a situation in our league where most people try to shy away from big decisions because you can be wrong. That's not how our organization's going to operate. We're going to do what's best for us long term, whatever that looks like."

Sounds like he is open to playing ball if he likes the offer.

Broadway

All Star
Sounds like he is open to playing ball if he likes the offer.

Yeah Lebron otherwise what he says first half of quote makes no sense. If you're going to stand for an environment players what to be attracted to you can't trade away your attractive pieces. So basically anything short of a pipe dream is a no go

Notice he wants to keep AD and when in Cleveland he never traded away a #1 pick nor any of his Top Players. He's just talking the big talk because that's the impression he wants to give off as an owner. I saw him on NBATV a lot prior to becoming a GM, trust he likes the challenge of keeping AD

A side story online is that several sources feel that Memphis getting the #2 pick will increase chances of Mike Conley getting traded. Memphis shopped him before the trade deadline. ?Experts? can always be wrong but almost everyone is saying Memphis will go with Ja Morant at #2.

A lot can happen in a month, but still seems most likely that RJ Barrett is there for us at #3 and not Ja Morant.

tiger0330

Legend
Looks like the Pels getting Zion isn't changing AD's mind about staying in NO. Pels are in a great spot to rebuild their roster with that Zion pick, Lakers and Celts are still the front runners to land AD. Knicks have no chance with that 3rd pick to get AD.

Broadway

All Star
At least NYK creates 1.6 mil more in cap space...

We love tipping our hand and it appears we're going down I path I endorse early. I think this meeting is to let Barrett know we want him at all costs

Sending signals I like

Last edited:
Looks like the Pels getting Zion isn't changing AD's mind about staying in NO. Pels are in a great spot to rebuild their roster with that Zion pick, Lakers and Celts are still the front runners to land AD. Knicks have no chance with that 3rd pick to get AD.

Not sure the Lakers and Celtics have assets that get the deal done either if you think that #3 pick this year after signing, MRob, additional matching contracts, and 2 future 1st round picks equate to ?no chance?.

Broadway

All Star

Yeah I'm not thinking about our trade possibilities #3 ruined any chance, it's really quite simple

We love tipping on hand and it appears we're going down I path I endorse early. I think this meeting it to let Barrett know we want him at all costs

Sending signals I like

I think you?re right about the ?at all costs?. Makes me wonder what we would have done if we ended up 4th or 5th. Tried to trade up to get Barrett? Glad we don?t ever need to find out.

Yeah I'm not thinking about our trade possibilities #3 ruined any chance, it's really quite simple

I?m still in the camp that Pelicans will eventually need to trade AD for something. He?s not staying there. Zion is already planning on how soon he can leave I bet.

AD will force a trade. Dude wore a ?That?s All Folks? shirt the last game of the season. He is going somewhere and we will likely be one of a very few teams willing to risk multiple 1st round picks on an expiring contract.

jimkcchief88

All Star
Exactly. We got screwed twice. With Zion going to the Pelicans AD ain?t going anywhere:(. Our only hope is the AD/Kyrie thing is not just smoke and mirrors. And I don?t really care for the other Dukies. They got their asses handed to them when Zion wasn?t on the floor.

Marc Spears reporting that Zion was quickly ?whisked? out of the room after New Orleans won the lottery. He wanted NYC. The drama begins. Biggest loser might be Zion if he really didn?t want to go to NO.

Zion looked disappointed in the interview afterwards and said it ain?t over until the pick is made. He doesn?t want to be in NO anymore than AD. Why go from the south to the Deep South. NO hasn?t rebuilt since Katerina. Its one thing to be Drew Brees in NO and you brought a Super Bowl. It?s a whole different deal to be young and black with a little $$$ in Deep South.

Didn?t realize KP probably broke his hand in that bar fight overseas.

Tonight guaranteed we get an unprotected Dallas 1st round pick in 2021. Not bad for a bar fighting, alleged rapist who is now recovering from 2 injuries. Too bad the 2023 pick is top 10 protected.

mafra

Legend
A side story online is that several sources feel that Memphis getting the #2 pick will increase chances of Mike Conley getting traded. Memphis shopped him before the trade deadline. ?Experts? can always be wrong but almost everyone is saying Memphis will go with Ja Morant at #2.

A lot can happen in a month, but still seems most likely that RJ Barrett is there for us at #3 and not Ja Morant.

Ja is from South Carolina. RJ is from Canada. Makes much more sense to draft the southern kid and flip Conley for assets. That?s the smart move, with everything relatively equal.

Hey, we beat the odds and got a top 3 pick. RJ or Ja or major trade asset!

tiger0330

Legend
Not sure the Lakers and Celtics have assets that get the deal done either if you think that #3 pick this year after signing, MRob, additional matching contracts, and 2 future 1st round picks equate to “no chance”.
You're Griffin these are the offers you get from the Celts and Lakers. Celts [FONT=&quot]Brown[/FONT][FONT=&quot], Tatum, Smart, 14th pick or Lakers Ball, Ingram, Kuzma, 4t[/FONT][FONT=&quot]h pic[/FONT][FONT=&quot]k. Knicks offer would be a joke. [/FONT]