Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    12th man

Quote Originally Posted by tiger0330 View Post
    You could say the same for the Lakers giving up Kuzma, Ball, Ingram, Hart their 4th and whatever future firsts the Pels could talk them out of. That 4th pick is probably worth more than all those firsts the Celts have ths year. I haven't heard anything out of the Lakers camp, maybe someone said thats insane what we're giving up for an expiring contract since Magic left. Watching the EC finals and Lakers made a huge mistake not resigning BLo, building a team ain't easy as Magic found out starting with selecting a rookie GM in Pelinka.
    BLO a monster game 1 29 pts. Just made a critical steal, I think hes making 3M.

What is this? 3rd or 4th lottery David Griff has won? Maybe Knicks made huge mistake not hiring the Lottery Whisperer and going with Perry instead as GM?

Griff wanted to hire his own guys but Mills said no (then Mills signed THjr) so DG walked away. Sounds like he has the correct rituals to conjure up lottery success.

Mr. Mills (and be proxy Dolan) strikes again.
    Last edited by mafra; May 15, 2019 at 23:25.

Veteran

Garland and Hunter have both pulled out of the combine because of assumed draft promises. I wonder if they are the consensus picks 4 and 5 now.

Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by mafra View Post
    What is this? 3rd or 4th lottery David Griff has won? Maybe Knicks made huge mistake not hiring the Lottery Whisperer and going with Perry instead as GM?

Griff wanted to hire his own guys but Mills said no (then Mills signed THjr) so DG walked away. Sounds like he has the correct rituals to conjure up lottery success.

Mr. Mills (and be proxy Dolan) strikes again.
    Can you imagine how bad things would have gotten if Perry hadnít been brought in?

I feel bad for Dan Gilbertís son. I feel like this lottery stole his role as a good luck charm from him and instead now tracks to Griffin, like you said.

Quote Originally Posted by htr10 View Post
    Can you imagine how bad things would have gotten if Perry hadnít been brought in?

I feel bad for Dan Gilbertís son. I feel like this lottery stole his role as a good luck charm from him and instead now tracks to Griffin, like you said.
    I mention it bc I just listened to replay of Hahn and Scalabrini on NbAís Starting Lineup, and Bondy was on... he was in the room during the process of selecting..... one of the few sequestered behind the scenes.... they talked about hot positive DG was all day, saying they were going to win lottery.... how spiritual he is and prays to every G-d imaginable to bring his team good luck. He won Kyrie and another lottery in CLE... now this. Is he some sort of mentalist? Anyway... maybe the NYK black cloud would deactivate his positive mojo.

We all want Mills and Dolan gone!!!!

If we donít get KD and if these bunch of lottery picks donít amount to a hill of beans, then when will we ever win with that brain trust?

Veteran

Meanwhile, Golden State has never picked higher than 6th in the last 10 years and they built a team that rules the world. Maybe Griffís lottery luck is overrated.

Meanwhile, Golden State has never picked higher than 6th in the last 10 years and they built a team that rules the world. Maybe Griffís lottery luck is overrated.
    Winning lottery and winning rings are 2 different things.

Saw something about how all the best players left in the playoffs were picked after first five.

To me, there are only 2 ways to succeed building a roster via lottery draft:

1- Defy odds and win lottery when that particular player of decade / generational talent is coming out.

2- Gather talent through the aggregate of multiple early picks while finding a gem later in the draft.

These are the 2 surefire ways to rebuild. CLE got LeBron, GSW got Curry, Klay, DG.

Maybe you hit on 3 in a row or something, like OKC, or maybe you endure and persevere through the fifty pct method... hit on 4/8, like PHI.

May the foundation, add in a max free agent or two or shrewd trade.

Knicks, in theory, are at that point now with their recent run of lottery picks and free agency position to be able to FINaLLY turn the corner.

Veteran

I feel like the #4 pick is not exciting at all in this year’s draft. Everyone wanted Zion. Multiple teams probably would be happy to have Ja or Barrett. Lakers pick will only gain value if a 4th prospect emerges in workouts.
    Didn't see your post but yep looks like Garland is most certainly one

Veteran

Sounds like Zion being disappointed with New Orleans was greatly exaggerated.

Veteran

Sounds like Zion being disappointed with New Orleans was greatly exaggerated.
    Of course it was. Look I'm sure Zion would rather play most of his games at MSG but there are too many in DA MEDIA with an egenda to spin and create headlines. Rachel Nichols is very whorish how she establishes herself in this space. Nothing but a Lebron fan boy and any angle that can be twisted where the discussion gets back to him or favors him she'll lead the charge. While at the same time creating a narrative that will stir up agitate other fan bases(primarily ours). They've been doing it for yrs

Zion is going to be fine and he'll love it in the NO as long as they can rebuild around him or build with he and Davis going forward

Veteran

Wow, it's really happening guys, it's really happening

It was obvious Zion was disappointed and shocked with the outcome. After AD pulled his nonsense and Paul tried to steer AD to LJ, NO went into full-fledged tank mode and managed to creep up to a favorable position, where their odds were nearly half as good as the team with the worst record.

Tell me, how is a roster with Jrue, Randall and AD only slightly better than NYK? So the narrative that tanking wasnít rewarded is hilarious.

And, with guaranteed contracts and salary cap restrictions, this is was gave birth to tanking. When KP went done, Knicks were doing the responsible thing and preparing for this free agent class.

Anyway, Pelicans wasnít on Zionís radar... he had 50% chance to go to NY or LA, when they cut to commercial after announcing the fifth pick.

NO was a punch to the gut. He didnít wear a fake smile. We saw raw emotion. But heís a good young man, raised properly, so he slept on it and accepted his fate and will now go to NO happily.

I canít believe weíre getting RJ! Barrett is for real! JA propelled himself into the equation, but I still canít believe a team will ignore what RJ is!

Thankfully NYK got the third pick.

Veteran

It was obvious Zion was disappointed and shocked with the outcome. After AD pulled his nonsense and Paul tried to steer AD to LJ, NO went into full-fledged tank mode and managed to creep up to a favorable position, where their odds were nearly half as good as the team with the worst record.

Tell me, how is a roster with Jrue, Randall and AD only slightly better than NYK? So the narrative that tanking wasn’t rewarded is hilarious.

And, with guaranteed contracts and salary cap restrictions, this is was gave birth to tanking. When KP went done, Knicks were doing the responsible thing and preparing for this free agent class.

Anyway, Pelicans wasn’t on Zion’s radar... he had 50% chance to go to NY or LA, when they cut to commercial after announcing the fifth pick.

NO was a punch to the gut. He didn’t wear a fake smile. We saw raw emotion. But he’s a good young man, raised properly, so he slept on it and accepted his fate and will now go to NO happily.

I can’t believe we’re getting RJ! Barrett is for real! JA propelled himself into the equation, but I still can’t believe a team will ignore what RJ is!

DA MEDIA over blew this as usual, nothing to see here...moving right along

I can't buy all the NO tanking talk without looking at our own team in the mirror likewise. Look no further than Knits and DSJ injuries and how fans blew gaskets how Fitz was treating them in fav of Mudiay. We kept M-Rob and Trier out for long stretches during the season. There were also rumors #kporzee wanted to play but we wouldn't let him. Many teams were culpable here, be thankful we're picking 3 and not 5

Sour Graping every time we come up short just comes off disingenuous. Look sometimes you lose it is what it is. Suns Cavs Bulls paid for their sins gravely. There were other camera angles and it showed Zion laughing being cool at the time of announcement. If anything it was Barrett who seemed to be more the one trying to clown the moment

12th man

Tell me, how is a roster with Jrue, Randall and AD only slightly better than NYK? So the narrative that tanking wasnít rewarded is hilarious.

Anyway, Pelicans wasnít on Zionís radar... he had 50% chance to go to NY or LA, when they cut to commercial after announcing the fifth pick.

NO was a punch to the gut. He didnít wear a fake smile. We saw raw emotion. But heís a good young man, raised properly, so he slept on it and accepted his fate and will now go to NO happily.

I canít believe weíre getting RJ! Barrett is for real! JA propelled himself into the equation, but I still canít believe a team will ignore what RJ is!

At the end of the day .. the AD wanting out of N.O. to shake n raddle the league in midseason on refusal to trade AD for all the gold in Lakersville .. all turned-out to be a great conspiracy to get the first pick of the 2019 draft without TANKING LMAO !!!

When you compare the Pelicans top players to the Knicks roster beware of FACTS .. AD performance has reach the realm of Bernard King and Ewing .. True Holiday's performance has reach the realm of Walt Clyde Frazier .. and Randle's 2-Way performance at the PF position has reach the realm of Anthony Mason.
    The Pelican's cap can afford to sign one of the NBA top star FA in the 2019 off-season.
    Zion NBA growth will improve drastically in his rookie season as a Pelican to win ROY award.
    Our Knicks mismanagement and Bum head-coach Fizdale would have ZION looking like a BUST his first two seasons in the league.

Don't Believe the HYPE ....
    The Memphis Grizz would become the organization of FOOLS on draft night if they don't select Point-Forward RJ Barrett to tandem along side PF Jaren Jackson Jr. next season !!!

Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Broadway View Post
    DA MEDIA over blew this as usual, nothing to see here...moving right along

I can't buy all the NO tanking talk without looking at our own team in the mirror likewise. Look no further than Knits and DSJ injuries and how fans blew gaskets how Fitz was treating them in fav of Mudiay. We kept M-Rob and Trier out for long stretches during the season. There were also rumors #kporzee wanted to play but we wouldn't let him. Many teams were culpable here, be thankful we're picking 3 and not 5

Sour Graping every time we come up short just comes off disingenuous. Look sometimes you lose it is what it is. Suns Cavs Bulls paid for their sins gravely. There were other camera angles and it showed Zion laughing being cool at the time of announcement. If anything it was Barrett who seemed to be more the one trying to clown the moment
    When I saw the actual clip of Zion laughing when NO won the lottery, it made me sort of angry on his behalf at whoever made that stupid report up that he had to be ďwhiskedĒ out of the room because he was so upset. Complete BS report.