The Knicks Process: Where do we go from here?

mafra

Legend
R.J. Barrett is excited about joining the Knicks even if Kevin Durant or Kyrie Irving don?t come as free agents.

?It doesn?t even matter to me, I just want to play,? the 6-foot-7 Barrett said in response to my question at NBA Draft Media Day on Wednesday in Midtown Manhattan. ?So whatever happens, happens. And if I play with a great player like KD or just play with the guys on the team right now, I don?t even care.?

jimkcchief88

All Star
All but maybe 1 or 2 of us fell off after his disastrous 2nd season.

Yeah that was a precipitous fall to say the least um um um. To the factor that I was telling the guys at work that we are drafting RJ and their response was:?unless you draft some foreign player? and the laughter ensued:(

Kiyaman

Legend
Whatever Perry and Mills do, heaven forbid they bring back Melo to add that veteran presence.

Ha Ha Ha LMFAO .... LinSanity got the Knicks to perform on the same-page which Melo couldn't .. LinSanity got a NBA championship ring which Melo will never get unless he buy it from one of his ex-teammates CTFU

jimkcchief88

All Star
Ha Ha Ha LMFAO .... LinSanity got the Knicks to perform on the same-page which Melo couldn't .. LinSanity got a NBA championship ring which Melo will never get unless he buy it from one of his ex-teammates CTFU

It is pretty ironic Linsanity has a ring and Melo doesn?t. Did Linsanity even play 1 minute in the Finals. If he did I don?t remember seeing him.

Kiyaman

Legend
R.J. Barrett is excited about joining the Knicks even if Kevin Durant or Kyrie Irving don’t come as free agents.

“It doesn’t even matter to me, I just want to play,” the 6-foot-7 Barrett said in response to my question at NBA Draft Media Day on Wednesday in Midtown Manhattan. “So whatever happens, happens. And if I play with a great player like KD or just play with the guys on the team right now, I don’t even care.”

I can not wait to see a young same-page 2-Way performing lineup of PG Frank Nitty, SG Barrett, SF Knox, and center MitchRob play .500 B.Ball under a new head coach name Mark Jackson.

Kiyaman

Legend
It is pretty ironic Linsanity has a ring and Melo doesn’t. Did Linsanity even play 1 minute in the Finals. If he did I don’t remember seeing him.

Melo's weak performance in OKC got the Thunders blown-out of the first-round of the playoffs by a Utah Jazz Rookie Mitchell lead team !!!

tiger0330

Legend
It is pretty ironic Linsanity has a ring and Melo doesn?t. Did Linsanity even play 1 minute in the Finals. If he did I don?t remember seeing him.
Played exactly one minute in game 3, garbage minutes. First Asian American to win a ring though there are other Chinese players that have a ring, Bateer with the 2003 Spurs and Sun Yu with the 2009 Lakers. You might think the guy hardly played in the playoffs so big deal but it seems a big deal to him winning that ring. Guys crave winning the ring, I think back to David West who sacrificed about 12M to win his with GS.

Kiyaman

Legend
The stench of Fail-Jackson lingers has to be none of the worst missteps in sports history hiring him as GM/Team President:(. Really continue the process don?t commit to anything until the young core develops together be in it for the long haul now...

You have to start calling it right .. Dolan's Knicks N Puppets!
Phil Jackson and Magic Johnson let the owners buy their name for a big $$$ pay check!
The same day Dolan resign Melo to a $125M contract during Phil Jackson first off-season as the Knicks President in 2015.
The Big Knick question in the 2015 offseason were answered .. when Dolan resign Melo.
Will owner Dolan let Phil Jackson call all the shots in the Knicks front-office ???
Phil Jackson did not want Carmelo Anthony in a Knicks uniform while he was the president of the Knicks !!!

Quote Originally Posted by jimkcchief88 View Post
We now know for sure the now that the Knits is a bust because no one wants him.

Frank Nitty is a BIG-Part of the Knicks future rotation playing 2-Way B.ball on the same-page .. It's not that no team wants Frank Nitty, the Knicks front-office are not putting Frank's potential on the trade table.

Kiyaman

Legend
Chief .... I wouldn't give up on Frank Nitty so soon, I'm happy Frank had little to nothing to do with the Knicks 17 win season performance averaging 20 minutes per in 43 games.
My big reason for Grading Phil Jackson performance as Knick president with a "F" for Failure each season IS /ARE as a HOF NBA head-coach, Phil did not put together a simple same-page coaching-staff for the Knicks within the two seasons as president.

mafra

Legend
Howard Beck reporting:

One nugget I mention in this story: Knicks, realizing they had no shot at an AD trade, made overtures to sell him on coming to NY in 2020. As a team exec noted to me, that would imply they're not getting two max players this summer.

??
Hey, maybe AD and LJ butt heads, like Kobe and Howard...

Good news is, regardless, if AD waits to sign then we are forced to save cap space for him (and not blow it).

jimkcchief88

All Star
Chief .... I wouldn't give up on Frank Nitty so soon, I'm happy Frank had little to nothing to do with the Knicks 17 win season performance averaging 20 minutes per in 43 games.
My big reason for Grading Phil Jackson performance as Knick president with a "F" for Failure each season IS /ARE as a HOF NBA head-coach, Phil did not put together a simple same-page coaching-staff for the Knicks within the two seasons as president.

I don?t watch as many games since I?m out of market but Frank owweee.... I guess it?s not fair to compare Frank to DM, but they were in the same draft so you have to. Frank has all the measurables, but it?s not translating to the court. No handle, can?t shoot, really no clue on offense cmon too high a draft pick for all that. Imagine how much better shape we would be in right now iff we had DM. Maybe Frank can get it together but he needs to stop going overseas during the off-season. Frank needs to stay here stateside and learn to play our game how we play. Knits has no choice because his NBA career hangs in the balance at this point.

mafra

Legend
Word is... Knicks have 3 free agent targets:

Kevin Durant
Kawhi Leonard
Kyrie Irving

They will only hand out max money to these 3 cats. If they aren?t able to sign 1-2 of these 3.... they will go the broil - slow roast route.... preserve cap space and continue the youth movement.

NYC not out on Kawhi. The NYC market.... for his brand... and winning title with a third franchise... and some connections to area... means NY is in play, even if a distant third.

If KD or Kyrie signs, with RJ in the mix, along with the other kids... NYC has a case to present.

Unlike Walsh who couldn?t sell it (and it didn?t matter bc Walsh didn?t have space for Wade and LeBron).... It basically comes down to Perry and Fiz.

Make it happen. Still have hope.

Kiyaman

Legend
I don’t watch as many games since I’m out of market but Frank owweee.... I guess it’s not fair to compare Frank to DM, but they were in the same draft so you have to. Frank has all the measurables, but it’s not translating to the court. No handle, can’t shoot, really no clue on offense cmon too high a draft pick for all that. Imagine how much better shape we would be in right now iff we had DM. Maybe Frank can get it together but he needs to stop going overseas during the off-season. Frank needs to stay here stateside and learn to play our game how we play. Knits has no choice because his NBA career hangs in the balance at this point.

Last night the Knicks drafted there version and comparison to Donovan Mitchell in RJ Barrett ....
Now, does the Knicks have the veteran players, coaching-staff, and well informed front-office like Donovan Mitchell received from the Utah Jazz organization as a rookie? NO! NO! NO!
Let's not forget the Utah Jazz were a play-off team before drafting DM .. Plus the Jazz just made a trade for a 12 year veteran PG Conley to put in next season back-court with DM. Conley's pass-first performance are like a 6.1 Frank having veteran experience to read plays on both sides of the court.

Does the Knicks front office show any loyalty to their veteran players? NO!
Does the Knicks roster have any veteran players? NO!
Does the Knicks coaching-staff have a decent 2-Way system for the players? NO!
Does the Knicks have a decent strategic head coach? NO!
The Knicks head-coach Fizdale compared Lance Thomas performance to Draymond Green's performance LMFAO !!!
Does the Knicks front-office has plans on signing a few veteran players in the offseason to put with the young-core players?
Or does the Knicks front-office has plans on just signing two MAX $$$ FA players in the offseason?
Does the Knicks front-office has plans on resigning center DJ?
In the past two seasons the Knicks only had two reliable NBA starters on their roster n rotation .. Kanter and DJ.
In the past four seasons the Knicks coaching-staff did little of nothing to improve the growth of any of the Knicks young-core players !!!

Kiyaman

Legend
Word is... Knicks have 3 free agent targets:

Kevin Durant
Kawhi Leonard
Kyrie Irving

They will only hand out max money to these 3 cats. If they aren’t able to sign 1-2 of these 3.... they will go the broil - slow roast route.... preserve cap space and continue the youth movement.

NYC not out on Kawhi. The NYC market.... for his brand... and winning title with a third franchise... and some connections to area... means NY is in play, even if a distant third.

If KD or Kyrie signs, with RJ in the mix, along with the other kids... NYC has a case to present.

Unlike Walsh who couldn’t sell it (and it didn’t matter bc Walsh didn’t have space for Wade and LeBron).... It basically comes down to Perry and Fiz.

Make it happen. Still have hope.

A healthy KD and Kyrie tandem are not winning anything in the eastern-conference, especially having a BUM head-coach Fizdale tank-tank system.
This past 2018-19 season in the eastern conference there were several teams that improve tremendously to stay above .500 B.Ball .. Raptors /Bucks /76ers / Pacers /Celtics /Plus having five other East teams performing at .500 B.Ball throughout the season.

For the Knicks to compete in the eastern conference to receive a winning record at the end of the season ..
1) The Knicks will need a starter lineup that has NBA veteran experience as their starters, not inexperience 1 and 2 yr players in the starter lineup.
2) The Knicks will need to sign 5 FA players for next season starter lineup in the offseason.
3) The Knicks will need to hire an ex-headcoach to be the assistant coach to mentor all the young-core players.
4) A week or month after the start of the 2019-20 season the Knicks will have to be prepared on signing an experience NBA Head-Coach with a decent plan system that improve the players performance on both sides of the court throughout the season.

mafra

Legend
RJ Barrett, Ignas Brazdeikis and Kris Wilkes, meet Kevin Knox, Mitchell Robinson and Allonzo Trier.

?They?re not just good basketball players, but they?re fine men,?? general manager Scott Perry said of the newest Knicks. ?These guys embody the way coach [David] Fizdale wants to play the game. We want to defend, represent versatility on the basketball floor and the most important thing we want to become winners.??

While the Knicks? chances of making a big score in free agency likely have dipped, president Steve Mills is sticking to his promise of player development. This new batch of kids offers a glimmer of hope, joining the promising Knox, Robinson and Trier.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/nypost...uccess-may-hinge-on-familiar-rookie-haul/amp/

RJ Barrett, Ignas Brazdeikis and Kris Wilkes, meet Kevin Knox, Mitchell Robinson and Allonzo Trier.

?They?re not just good basketball players, but they?re fine men,?? general manager Scott Perry said of the newest Knicks. ?These guys embody the way coach [David] Fizdale wants to play the game. We want to defend, represent versatility on the basketball floor and the most important thing we want to become winners.??

While the Knicks? chances of making a big score in free agency likely have dipped, president Steve Mills is sticking to his promise of player development. This new batch of kids offers a glimmer of hope, joining the promising Knox, Robinson and Trier.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/nypost...uccess-may-hinge-on-familiar-rookie-haul/amp/

Perry has really employed the Pat Riley style of taking over a team by completely turning over the roster. He has given Fizdale a guy who he needs to be his Dwayne Wade. Fizdale has every opportunity to get these young guys playing team ball on offense and defense and I know that is his plan. The big questions include though can you teach a player like Trier to share the ball, can you teach Knox to play more aware on defense, etc.

mafra

Legend
I think this is where the value of RJ is... I believe he?s coachable and will work hard.... if your franchise player does this (and buys in) it compels all else to get in line....

I am a Melo guy. Wasn?t his fault Walsh mismanaged that entire situation.... I don?t believe he was a cancer...

Dolan creates a toxic environment and everything was exasperated b/c Phil was indifferent then defiant, toss in the coaching carousal, and before we know it the mutiny was underway. This was the environment a young KP was fostered in. No surprise we ended up where we are at...

Start fresh. Let this rookie clash mesh with the previous class. Get to work kids. It all starts with RJ setting the tone. Compete! Compete hard or leave!