Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast
Results 106 to 120 of 126
  1. #106
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    7,224
    Rep Power
    18

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jimkcchief88 View Post
    I thought Mudiay played pretty well when he got minutes last year. I mean he’s been disappointing for a lottery pick, but Mudiay is still light years ahead ok Knits who was also a lottery pick. It’s amazing how much longer a leash you get when it’s your mistake instead of another franchise. Knits should have been gone and Mudiay should still be on the roster
    We couldn’t move Ntilikina’s contract. I’m sure our front office would much rather have Mudiay for a third of the money.

  2. #107
    12th man
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    11,911
    Rep Power
    29

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mafra View Post
    Payton's presence also may impact Frank Ntilikina. The Knicks talked to at least one team about a trade involving Ntilikina and the return of an early second-round pick. They also discussed deals around the return of a late first-round pick. Some teams considering Ntilikina were wary of making the trade before the draft because his salary ($5 million) would impact their cap space in free agency and they couldn't be sure of what they were getting in Ntilikina, who has dealt with injuries and inconsistent performances/minutes allotment in New York.

    It is unclear if the Knicks will continue to try to move Ntilikina.

    The Knicks Mills/Perry FA moves in the off-season has given us a small-ball roster where our best winning performance will be in our transition performance, and our guards pressure defense for the win. We are now a run-run-run small-ball team having strength in our forward position & guard position. Our biggest weakness will make us pray each game that our ONLY center MitchRob don't get injured all season, plus has the capabilities to perform 35 minute per in 82 games next season.
    Randle's biggest weakness has been all the Lakers head coaches has played Randle type of performance in the wrong position.
    As a rookie Randle should've been running up/down the court as the Lakers SF, Randle's talent should've graduated from SF to PF in his 4th season in the NBA. Randle is NOT a center (Embiid/Horford/Gasol/Ibaka/DJ/Allen/Kanter) !!!

    IF .. Fizdale were a same-page strategic head-coach .. He would start the regular season using two main lineups of 10 or 11 players throughout the first 20 games of the regular season (then evaluate) .. He would then be able to establish what players are on the same-page chemistry in two main lineups .. Example: Tandem DSJr & Trier back-court scoring vs Payton & Frank back-court defensive-strategy. To create a dynamic tandem & trio back-court of running scorers and the same tandem/trio of ball-stoppers throughout the 82 game season.

  3. #108
    Member The Dragon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Dubai
    Posts
    222
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kiyaman View Post
    The Knicks Mills/Perry FA moves in the off-season has given us a small-ball roster where our best winning performance will be in our transition performance, and our guards pressure defense for the win. We are now a run-run-run small-ball team having strength in our forward position & guard position. Our biggest weakness will make us pray each game that our ONLY center MitchRob don't get injured all season, plus has the capabilities to perform 35 minute per in 82 games next season.
    Randle's biggest weakness has been all the Lakers head coaches has played Randle type of performance in the wrong position.
    As a rookie Randle should've been running up/down the court as the Lakers SF, Randle's talent should've graduated from SF to PF in his 4th season in the NBA. Randle is NOT a center (Embiid/Horford/Gasol/Ibaka/DJ/Allen/Kanter) !!!

    IF .. Fizdale were a same-page strategic head-coach .. He would start the regular season using two main lineups of 10 or 11 players throughout the first 20 games of the regular season (then evaluate) .. He would then be able to establish what players are on the same-page chemistry in two main lineups .. Example: Tandem DSJr & Trier back-court scoring vs Payton & Frank back-court defensive-strategy. To create a dynamic tandem & trio back-court of running scorers and the same tandem/trio of ball-stoppers throughout the 82 game season.
    you never gave up on Frank

  4. #109
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    7,224
    Rep Power
    18

    Default

    1st preseason game is October 7th. That is a long wait to see more of this team.

  5. #110
    Veteran mafra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    8,158
    Rep Power
    23

    Default

    Yeah... almost time to shut it down for rest of summer.... get thru first month of NFL... watch post season MlB... then start to get engine roaring again come mid OCT.

    3 months of darkness.... but no sadness.

  6. #111
    12th man
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    11,911
    Rep Power
    29

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Dragon View Post
    you never gave up on Frank
    Multi-position player Frank are a future NBA star !!!

  7. #112
    Veteran mafra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    8,158
    Rep Power
    23

    Default

    Ian Begley, SNY.tv | Twitter |

    There's some fallout between the Knicks and the Spurs over Marcus Morris' decision to renege on his agreement with San Antonio and sign with New York.

    The Athletic published a story quoting a GM who said the Spurs were "pissed" about Morris backing out of his verbal agreement with San Antonio to sign with the Knicks.

    It's understandable that the Spurs would be upset with Morris' decision to back out of the deal. It's also understandable if the Spurs were upset with the Knicks for giving Morris an alternative option.


    San Antonio traded forward Davis Bertans to Washington and re-worked an agreement with DeMarre Carroll to sign Morris to a two-year, $20 million deal.

    The Knicks didn't have the cap space to sign Morris - an idea New York communicated to Morris' camp early in free agency - until a medical issue arose with free agent signee Reggie Bullock.

    Due to the medical issue, the Knicks and Bullock reworked their original two-year, $21 million deal. That gave New York the cap space to sign Morris to a one-year $15 million deal.

    And if the Spurs are mad at the Knicks over the situation, some with the Knicks don't see San Antonio as a totally innocent party in crossing lines when it comes to NBA ethics.

    Per SNY sources, there are people in the Knicks organization who feel some with the Spurs operated outside of accepted NBA norms at times when Kristaps Porzingis was a Knick.

    The Knicks talked to teams about trading Porzingis prior to the 2017 NBA Draft and eventually traded the face of their franchise to Dallas last February. Some with the Knicks felt San Antonio crossed lines of accepted behavior prior to the Porzingis trade.

    It's unclear what, exactly, the Knicks feel the Spurs did with regards to Porzingis. But it seems like both teams feel lines were crossed in different situations.

    Also, there is a theory that Marcus Morris' ex-agent, Rich Paul, steered him away from the Spurs to sign with the Knicks. That isn't accurate. Morris made the decision independent of Paul, who, SNY sources confirm, preferred Morris to remain in San Antonio. The New York Post first reported that Paul hoped Morris would remain with the Spurs.

    The New York Daily News reported that Morris also turned down a three-year, $41 million offer from the Los Angeles Clippers. There were suggestions that Paul, who is also the agent for Lakers star LeBron James, advised Morris to turn down the Clippers' offer. Both Marcus Morris and Markief Morris refuted that theory in tweets from their verified Twitter accounts. A league source familiar with the matter told SNY that Morris made the decision to turn down the Clippers offer on his own, without influence from Paul.

    Paul and Marcus Morris mutually agreed to part ways during free agency. (Players and agents agree to part ways all of the time, by the way.)

  8. #113
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    7,224
    Rep Power
    18

    Default

    The Knicks approach to free agency to overpaying guys to get them to agree to deals with team options probably ruffled more than a few feathers. What we did definitely hurt the market for playoff teams being able to fill their rotations.

    As far as the Spurs, this is how the game is played.

  9. #114
    Veteran Wargames's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,262
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    I think they play the year out. Try to show improvement by getting close to 30 wins. Then they offer some young RFA's max money to come over. My money would be on two of Ingram, Hield, T. Prince, Levert, or J. Brown being those players. Maybe Siakim or Murray if we get lucky.

    The goal would be for the Knicks to be the best young team in the East.

    Manage the Cap well and the Knicks could be really scary sooner than later.

  10. #115
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    2,495
    Rep Power
    18

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wargames View Post
    The goal would be for the Kncks to be the best young team in the East.
    Manage the Cap well and the Knicks could be really scary sooner than later.
    wake up... you are having a wet-dream

  11. #116
    Veteran Wargames's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,262
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by paris401 View Post
    wake up... you are having a wet-dream
    I think its more realistic than going for Giannis in 2 years.......

  12. #117
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    2,495
    Rep Power
    18

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wargames View Post
    I think its more realistic than going for Giannis in 2 years.......
    gotta agree with u there--- so far our record for signing top tier FA's is/....... ZERO....

  13. #118
    Veteran mafra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    8,158
    Rep Power
    23

    Default

    https://www.forbes.com/sites/kurtbad.../#5474cba4283d

    Cowboys, Yankees, Real Madrid, Barcelona, and our beloved Knicks... the top 5 franchises — value-wise — in the world...

    “NBA teams have made the most dramatic moves this decade. The New York Knicks headline nine hoops teams in the top 50 this year. Their $4 billion value, up 11%, ranks fifth among all sports teams. The Los Angeles Lakers ($3.7 billion) and Golden State Warriors ($3.5 billion) also cracked the top 10. In 2012, the Lakers were the most valuable NBA team at $900 million and ranked 35th out of all sports franchises. The Knicks were the only other NBA team in the top 50 in 2012.”

    This is funny to me. A big “middle finger” to the banana boat generation that has shunned the MSG spotlight and stage.
    NY don’t matter to them, and their ventures and conglomerate and empires.... Apparently, according to Forbes, they don’t matter to NYK either.

    Despite 2 decades of losing and 4 without a title... Boom! Still most valuable team in NBA and 5th most valuable in the world.

    This is why Dolan ain’t selling.

  14. #119
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    3,563
    Rep Power
    19

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mafra View Post
    https://www.forbes.com/sites/kurtbad.../#5474cba4283d

    Cowboys, Yankees, Real Madrid, Barcelona, and our beloved Knicks... the top 5 franchises — value-wise — in the world...

    “NBA teams have made the most dramatic moves this decade. The New York Knicks headline nine hoops teams in the top 50 this year. Their $4 billion value, up 11%, ranks fifth among all sports teams. The Los Angeles Lakers ($3.7 billion) and Golden State Warriors ($3.5 billion) also cracked the top 10. In 2012, the Lakers were the most valuable NBA team at $900 million and ranked 35th out of all sports franchises. The Knicks were the only other NBA team in the top 50 in 2012.”

    This is funny to me. A big “middle finger” to the banana boat generation that has shunned the MSG spotlight and stage.
    NY don’t matter to them, and their ventures and conglomerate and empires.... Apparently, according to Forbes, they don’t matter to NYK either.

    Despite 2 decades of losing and 4 without a title... Boom! Still most valuable team in NBA and 5th most valuable in the world.

    This is why Dolan ain’t selling.
    It’s amazing the Knicks are still the most valuable team in the NBA despite the stunning lack of success. Not only is Dolan not selling, he’s very happy with the status quo. Fool cares more about his dumbass “blues band’ than his NBA franchise. SMH

  15. #120
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    2,495
    Rep Power
    18

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jimkcchief88 View Post
    I Fool cares more about his dumbass “blues band’ than his NBA franchise. SMH
    not so sure thats the case... he ceded full control (it seems he's telling the truth) to phil, and now perry, who is well thought of around the league.. so far i have perry graded as an "D"... but u gotta give him some time to set the course and rite the ship as the S.S. ny knicks has been floundering for decades....

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 9
    Last Post: Apr 30, 2012, 19:28

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •