Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by The Dragon View Post
    My question is, we are all talking about RJ, but it looks like there is a chance we get JA instead if they Selected RJ second, so why nobody is talking about JA, is it a possibility? is he good?
    Ja Morant is awesome. Most teams prefer Ja over RJ. Problem for us is that Ja and DSJ probably arenít a good fit. From the jump, Memphis has said they are taking Ja Morant. I still believe that is what they are going to do and we end up with RJ.

Sounds like Ja and Garland are about equal, in terms of prospect status. Ja has the edge b/c DG missed entire year.... but if I were MEM (and Garland is from Sout Carolina and attended Vandy).... I may prefer trading down from 2 to 4, grab an asset and get DG.

Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by mafra View Post
    Sounds like Ja and Garland are about equal, in terms of prospect status. Ja has the edge b/c DG missed entire year.... but if I were MEM (and Garland is from Sout Carolina and attended Vandy).... I may prefer trading down from 2 to 4, grab an asset and get DG.
    Hmm. Both elite talents. Ja seems like a proven facilitator and scorer while Garland seems like more of a scorer (more turnovers than assists in the few college games he did play).

Interesting thing is that Knicks at 3, Pelicans at 4, and Cleveland at 5 might not want to go PG given their current roster. Suns would probably love Garland at 6. Definitely room to trade down.

That said, I think Memphis plays it safe and takes Ja Morant.

For sure, Ja a much better facilitator but Garland may be the best shooter in the draft... And NBA loves those Curry and Trae Young gunners.

12th man

Whatever Perry and Mills do, heaven forbid they bring back Melo to add that veteran presence.

Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by paris401 View Post
    u needed the lakers to validate that he sucks??? -
    I didnít; I was in the wtf Fail-Jax not another Frenchie from the beginning but there is a Knits fan club around here. I donít understand but to each his own.

Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by tiger0330 View Post
    Whatever Perry and Mills do, heaven forbid they bring back Melo to add that veteran presence.

Oh snap!!! You know me Iím in the ISO-Melo camp and if he would back cheap Iím with it!!!

Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by jimkcchief88 View Post
    I didnít; I was in the wtf Fail-Jax not another Frenchie from the beginning but there is a Knits fan club around here. I donít understand but to each his own.
    All but maybe 1 or 2 of us fell off after his disastrous 2nd season.

R.J. Barrett is excited about joining the Knicks even if Kevin Durant or Kyrie Irving donít come as free agents.

ďIt doesnít even matter to me, I just want to play,Ē the 6-foot-7 Barrett said in response to my question at NBA Draft Media Day on Wednesday in Midtown Manhattan. ďSo whatever happens, happens. And if I play with a great player like KD or just play with the guys on the team right now, I donít even care.Ē

Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by htr10 View Post
    All but maybe 1 or 2 of us fell off after his disastrous 2nd season.
    Yeah that was a precipitous fall to say the least um um um. To the factor that I was telling the guys at work that we are drafting RJ and their response was:Ēunless you draft some foreign playerĒ and the laughter ensued

12th man

Quote Originally Posted by tiger0330 View Post

Ha Ha Ha LMFAO .... LinSanity got the Knicks to perform on the same-page which Melo couldn't .. LinSanity got a NBA championship ring which Melo will never get unless he buy it from one of his ex-teammates CTFU

Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Kiyaman View Post
    Ha Ha Ha LMFAO .... LinSanity got the Knicks to perform on the same-page which Melo couldn't .. LinSanity got a NBA championship ring which Melo will never get unless he buy it from one of his ex-teammates CTFU
    It is pretty ironic Linsanity has a ring and Melo doesnít. Did Linsanity even play 1 minute in the Finals. If he did I donít remember seeing him.

12th man

Quote Originally Posted by mafra View Post
    R.J. Barrett is excited about joining the Knicks even if Kevin Durant or Kyrie Irving don’t come as free agents.

“It doesn’t even matter to me, I just want to play,” the 6-foot-7 Barrett said in response to my question at NBA Draft Media Day on Wednesday in Midtown Manhattan. “So whatever happens, happens. And if I play with a great player like KD or just play with the guys on the team right now, I don’t even care.”
    I can not wait to see a young same-page 2-Way performing lineup of PG Frank Nitty, SG Barrett, SF Knox, and center MitchRob play .500 B.Ball under a new head coach name Mark Jackson.

12th man

It is pretty ironic Linsanity has a ring and Melo doesn’t. Did Linsanity even play 1 minute in the Finals. If he did I don’t remember seeing him.
    Melo's weak performance in OKC got the Thunders blown-out of the first-round of the playoffs by a Utah Jazz Rookie Mitchell lead team !!!

12th man

It is pretty ironic Linsanity has a ring and Melo doesnít. Did Linsanity even play 1 minute in the Finals. If he did I donít remember seeing him.
    Played exactly one minute in game 3, garbage minutes. First Asian American to win a ring though there are other Chinese players that have a ring, Bateer with the 2003 Spurs and Sun Yu with the 2009 Lakers. You might think the guy hardly played in the playoffs so big deal but it seems a big deal to him winning that ring. Guys crave winning the ring, I think back to David West who sacrificed about 12M to win his with GS.