Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

Quote Originally Posted by Kiyaman View Post
    I'm still waiting to see Micheal Porter Jr play against NBA players .. I want the Knicks to sign Denvers FA Isaiah Thomas this offseason*.

Mafra .. u are going to be surprise how many PG came out of last night draft class that are much better at the point than DSJr ..
    I'm so glad we selected Frank over DSJr in the draft.
    Frank & RJ Barrett would make a great back-court tandem to bring off the bench at the start of the season, and let them work their way into being starters/finishers
    By no means and i sold on DSJ... but he should get another year here, and a real chance to prove himself. Plus, we may bring Mudiay back for another shot OR just sign Kyrie Irving.

Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by mafra View Post
    By no means and i sold on DSJ... but he should get another year here, and a real chance to prove himself. Plus, we may bring Mudiay back for another shot OR just sign Kyrie Irving.
    This latest press conference with Perry, where he says that they are going to ask Knick fans to continue to be patient, tells me that he either expects to sign only an injured Durant or no one in free agency. I think Kyrie goes to Brooklyn and I am fine with that.

I don’t want Kyrie without a KL or KD... if all I get is KL or KD... I am fine with that.

If we get nothing... I’m fine with that too.

RJ-MRob-DSJ is enough to enjoy next season. Will they bust or rise up?

12th man

I love RJ already

12th man

Quote Originally Posted by htr10 View Post
    This latest press conference with Perry, where he says that they are going to ask Knick fans to continue to be patient, tells me that he either expects to sign only an injured Durant or no one in free agency. I think Kyrie goes to Brooklyn and I am fine with that.
    Made it known that they won’t pay max salaries for less than max talent which is constructive but if you follow that reasoning you have to not offer a contract to Durant with the Knicks history of crippling contracts paid to injured players. Historically guys coming off Achilles are 6% worse statistically when they return, he’ll miss a year, the year he comes back will probably be a load management year where he doesn’t play back to backs and plays 60 games max, so we pay a guy for 4 years and he works only 2, He’ll be 32, the wrong side of 30 when he plays his 1st game if he misses the entire season next year. Lot of reasons not to throw 140M at Durant.

“Kris is a much better player than many who were drafted,’’ one NBA college scout said. “But his agent clearly didn’t bite on an offer of a two-way in the second round. He thinks he can play his way into a better deal.’’

Wilkes’ situation may turn out similar to that of Trier, who went undrafted last season out of Arizona. Sources told The Post at the time a couple of teams became interested with picks in the 50s, but were urged by his reps to pass. Trier’s camp believed the Knicks would have a two-way G-League offer if he became an undrafted free agent.

“Kind of surprised [Wilkes] didn’t get drafted, similar to Allonzo Trier last year,’’ Perry said. “Winning player, can score, 6-8, highly rated player coming out of high school. Exciting to add him to our mix and see how we can develop him.”

Wilkes, 20, averaged a team-leading 17.4 points at UCLA along with 4.8 rebounds while shooting 43.3 percent from the field last season. Wilkes tested the draft waters in the spring of 2018 and met with Knicks brass. The Knicks thought he could be a first-rounder in that draft, but Wilkes returned to UCLA.