Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Veteran

Holy cow. They just broke it down on ESPN and it would cost 1.6 billion over the next 4 seasons to keep the Golden State Warriors intact with resigning KD and Klay. KD doing their owner a favor by leaving.

Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by mafra View Post
    Somebody talking about his partying ways and question his commitment to the game.
    What a dumbass. Hide your partying until you make some money first. Dallas should draft him and him and KP can go bar hopping together and fight guys 2 feet shorter than them.

12th man

Quote Originally Posted by htr10 View Post
    Holy cow. They just broke it down on ESPN and it would cost 1.6 billion over the next 4 seasons to keep the Golden State Warriors intact with resigning KD and Klay. KD doing their owner a favor by leaving.
    I posted that in the KD thread. Supposedly that new building can pay for some of it and those tech billionaires can afford their expensive hobbies out there.

Veteran

Kevin Porter Jr goes to the Bucks at the 30th pick who is trading him to Cleveland. And thatís it for the 1st round.

This crowd in Brooklyn is the worst at this point. Youíd think Adam Silver was announcing that they were doubling the price of beer.

12th man

Nick Claxton to the Nets with the first pick in the second where we would be picking if not for PJ.

12th man

I'm drawing the line here as to what would be an acceptable return for Ntilikina. Might as well keep him if we can't get better than right where we should have picked in the second round.

Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by tiger0330 View Post
    I'm drawing the line here as to what would be an acceptable return for Ntilikina. Might as well keep him if we can't get better than right where we should have picked in the second round.
    I think you may have said it before. His cap hit is so high disproportionate to his current value that itís almost as if we would have to send out a pick instead of receive one to trade him. Might as well keep him and play him this year. Fizdale and the front office has really done a hell of a job alienating him though.

Veteran

Bol Bol has left the green room still undrafted. Speculation online is that something really terrible was uncovered in his medical evaluations.

12th man

Quote Originally Posted by htr10 View Post
    I think you may have said it before. His cap hit is so high disproportionate to his current value that it’s almost as if we would have to send out a pick instead of receive one to trade him. Might as well keep him and play him this year. Fizdale and the front office has really done a hell of a job alienating him though.
    He hasn't set foot in the Knicks facility in the off-season. Went back to France and lately is training with some guy in Dallas. Can't blame him, the guy didn’t improve one iota with that Knicks coaching staff. Eisley won't be back and Mike Miller becomes the player development assistant so that's got to help the young guys I hope.

12th man

Knicks take Kyle Guy with the 55th pick. Poor man's JJ Redick is how Bilas described him.

Gritty gutty proven floor general, who can shoot and hit big shots. Could always use shooters... Letís see what he can make of his opportunity.

"That was great," Barrett said. "I'm glad that the city wants me here as much as I want to be here."

"That was one of the reasons why I was crying because we (referring to his grandfather) used to watch the Knicks growing up and he used to tell me I was going to be a Knick," he said. "It's sad he can't be here to see it but I'm just very happy."

"Playing basketball is not pressure," he said. "This is what I love to do."

And his message to the fans?

"New Yorkers," he said. "I'm here, I love you, let's get back to that championship way."

Sources confirmed to SNY Insider Ian Begley that the Knicks sent the 55th-overall pick and cash considerations to the Kings in order to move up.

Listed at 6-foot-7, 220 pounds, Brazdeikis played one season at Michigan. With the Wolverines, Brazdeikis averaged 14.8 points, 5.4 rebounds and 0.5 blocks per game.

He could do a little bit of everything for the Wolverines, as he shot 39.2 percent from the beyond the arc and was also a 77 percent free throw shooter.

He led the Wolverines in scoring as a freshman, an impressive feat considering first-round pick Jordan Poole was also on the roster, and was named Big Ten Freshman of the Year as well as second team All-Big Ten.

Nicknamed "Iggy", Brazdeikis was born in Lithuania, Brazdeikis was raised in Canada. Brazdeikis played alongside fellow Knicks draft pick RJ Barrett for Canada in 2016 during U-17 World Cup.

Veteran

Apparently we traded money to the Kings to move up

So Kyle Guy is going to the Kings and we're getting Ignas Brazdeikis from Michigan. SF who went one-and-done at Michigan. Apparently he's a good shooter and competitor but lacks elite athleticism and length. Which is OK - not many elite athletes last into the 2nd round of the draft. Good thing is though that these guys might both be able to contribute immediately. Brazdeikis is a shooter and RJ is RJ

I did find it odd they took a PG, when it was being reported that PF was the big need they sought to fill in the second round.