NBA Summer League 2019

Trier to MRob for an alley oop. Next play, MRob blocks Zion?s 3 pointer and then Trier grabs the ball and passes to MRob for another dunk.

MRob > Zion. Fact.

RJ has not been sharp, but he just looks like an NBA player. He already has an NBA player build. The mechanics of his shots look good. His spacing on the court looks good.

tiger0330

Legend
No question why the fans are there, hearing chants of we want Zion with them not knowing he won't return because of injury.

tiger0330

Legend
RJ 4-15 so far, didn't seem like he took that many shots. Barret misses wide open corner 3, he's got a long way to go to improve his perimeter shooting.

Broadway

All Star
This game has had some exciting moments...

Zion is a MANBEAST

RJ is definitely not in NBA game shape, this is very apparent but I like we're going high usage out of him. He's learning all the things that will make him better, not worried about him.

Meanwhile Trier is always what I've thought he was a 1-TRICK PONY...he'll fool you every time with the boxscore but he has one of the most selfish game's I've ever seen and if he isn't scoring he's giving you nothing. Can only make a play for Robinson if that. Absolutely atrocious defensive player of his activity should have plenty steals, he's dumb as rocks in the half court

Knox it's the same with him, if he isn't making 3s what is he doing? Slow as molasses off the dribble doesn't appear he worked on his body AT ALL!

Love Robinson, what else is new. He can be special if we get this team right

Jackson for the Pels was impressive tonight

Last edited:

tiger0330

Legend
NO with a big lead over the Knicks 77-63 3rd qtr. Only one game but not impressed with Iggy at all, he won't be like Zo or Mitch as a surprise second round steal imo.

tiger0330

Legend
That's a first, they just stopped play because of an earthquake tremor felt as far as S. Cal. The overhead scoreboard and speaker system is swaying and they are waiting for the equipment to stop swaying before starting the game again. Players are headed back to the locker room expecting a long delay, they may play it safe and cancel the rest of the game it seems.

tiger0330

Legend
What was a full arena looks to be less than 1/2 full now with no one in the upper deck. The fans that left are exercising good judgement in my opinion not waiting for a recurrence where there might be mass panic to get out of the building.

Broadway

All Star
What was a full arena looks to be less than 1/2 full now with no one in the upper deck. The fans that left are exercising good judgement in my opinion not waiting for a recurrence where there might be mass panic to get out of the building.

Game officially postponed

Last edited:

mafra

Legend
Crazy.

Typical NYK nonsense... when will it end?

News breaks that we?re the book maker?s favorite to win the SL; game starts with Knox raining 3s, trier moving and shaking, MRob being his Blockness Monster self... you could envision a future with Knox-RJ as taller splash brothers, 2-way players...

Knicks go up 20...we?re off and running...

Then a nearly 40 point swing from late second quarter until fourth...

But, then RJ flips it to Knox for a slam... Trier punctuated am earthquake live on air with a monster dunk!

Knicks down 6? Is a comeback possible?

Game ends.

Good news is: I can see a glimmer of it. The roles all the young guys could serve, if the sum of it all came together...

But...

The Bad news: Its a long way off...Randle and the vets better be ready...

Zion is out for all of Summer League now thanks to banging his knee a little bit in the 1st half against the Knicks.

mafra

Legend
Forcing many attempts, the lefty Duke product shot 4-for-18 ? 1-for-8 from beyond the 3-point stripe ? to tally 10 points.

Barrett admitted that ?some guys got kind of tired I guess,? and maybe that had something to do with his poor shooting. But he made no other excuse.

?I?ve been working hard all summer, getting in great shape,?? Barrett said following Saturday?s practice. ?There?s nothing you can do to simulate a game like that. So, sure, I haven?t played a game in three months.

?Shots just didn?t go in. Tell me one player that?s had a great game every game. You know what I?m saying??

Barrett hadn?t played since missing a key free throw with 5.9 seconds left against Michigan State to cost Duke a trip to the Final Four. His play was a little selfish, according to one NBA scout. The scout added, however, not to make too much of one game.

On one play, Barrett spun to the hole, was guarded tightly in the lane as Kevin Knox held up his hands, wide open at the 3-point line. Barrett took the contested shot and missed. Knox had the hot hand Friday, making 3 of 4 from downtown.

?I liked my shots, but first game, we?re going to figure it out,?? Barrett said. ?Just work it every day.?

mafra

Legend
Barrett had 10 points on 4-for-18 shooting Friday in the Knicks' game against Zion Williamson and the Pelicans, which was cut short due to an earthquake.

It's silly to overreact to Summer League in general, particularly to one game. So making too much of Barrett's 4-for-18 night is a waste of energy. The rookie will hit the floor again on Sunday when the Knicks take on Phoenix.

Barrett was asked what kind of adjustments he'd make for Sunday's game.

"Maybe swing it sometimes. I'm going to keep shooting it. It's going to fall," he said. "?. I liked my shots, but like I said, first game. We're going to figure it out. Just work it every day."

Few more minutes until our 2nd Summer League game against Phoenix. Probably will only watch the 1st chunk of it, but hoping to see a more consistent outing. Lot of optimism from the announcers about our young guys.