Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast
    12th man

Quote Originally Posted by htr10 View Post
    RJ’s free throw shooting needs to be addressed.
    Shooting in general. 2-10 from the field, an example of why you can't take a few SL games and make a judgement about a guy. Does anyone think Iggy is going to be starting over RJ. If RJ plays like this in the regular season like he's played in the last 2 SL games we're doomed.

What I don't like is the late game collapse even in SL with the Suns taking the lead for the first time in the game. Knicks were favored to win the SL trophy.

Veteran

RJ is 3 for 14 with 8 turnovers. Its just not very encouraging.

Veteran

Iggy nails the clutch 3 to tie it with seconds to go.

12th man

Iggy with the game tying 3. Think he has 28 pts now. Tied at 96. Htr10 is right, kid has been the best guy on the floor both teams and has outplayed our hyped 3d pick RJ. Iggy has done everything you would have expected of a high 1st round pick.

2 minute OT now.

Veteran

IG is nice, I really like his game. He plays with BITE...A MOTOR. Again our 2nd round picks out playing our 1st. Taketh then Giveth

RJ is just pressing, if I were him I'd work on attacking the rim and trying to get to free throw line to establish rhythm. His shot is definitely not there. Not as concerned with him he just a little lost on what to do. Once he stops thinking and just play more freely he'll be fine

Knox otoh not encouraged at all by his game. He's literally the exact same player. If his 3-ball is on cool other than this he's pretty worthless. Never liked the pick no Motor, slow, gases out of games and is nothing more than a perimeter safety valve. Miles Bridges might be better
    Last edited by Broadway; Jul 07, 2019 at 23:58.

12th man

Knicks lose 105-100. Iggy with a 30 pt night, looked like an NBA starter playing against rookies showing a multifaceted offensive game with dribble penetration, shooting from distance, under the basket game, knocking down his FT's. If Iggy turns out to be another surprise draft pick by Perry we're on our way with this re-build.

RJ just the opposite, looked lost on the floor, couldn't hit anything, forcing shots inside, turning the ball over, getting stripped and losing the ball. Supposedly his whirlwind schedule after the draft has not allowed him to practice sufficiently as the reason for his poor SL so far.

12th man

Quote Originally Posted by Broadway View Post
    IG is nice, I really like his game. He plays with BITE...A MOTOR. Again our 2nd round picks out playing our 1st. Taketh then Giveth

RJ is just pressing, if I were him I'd work on attacking the rim and trying to get to free throw line to establish rhythm. His shot is definitely not there. Not as concerned with him he just a little lost on what to do. Once he stops thinking and just play more freely he'll be fine

Knox otoh not encouraged at all by his game. He's literally the exact same player. If his 3-ball is on cool other than this he's pretty worthless. Never liked the pick no Motor, slow, gases out of games and is nothing more than a perimeter safety valve. Miles Bridges might be better

His perimeter shooting looks improved, we will see over the course of a couple of months in the season whether that’s true. He’s a favorite of Fiz so he’s going to get every opportunity to start in a continuation of last season.

Getting Iggy with it. The 2 second rounder (Mitch and Iggy) were the only redeemable performances tonight.

I see what could be with Knox and RJ... but... if it happens... its in 2-3 years. RAW!

We had 4 rotation players and we lost to a PHO squad that probably didnt have many roster guys on the floor tonight. Not good. 0-2. Lol.

If Randle and DSJ aint dynamite... this is another 20 win campaign.

12th man

Quote Originally Posted by mafra View Post
    Getting Iggy with it. The 2 second rounder (Mitch and Iggy) were the only redeemable performances tonight.

I see what could be with Knox and RJ... but... if it happens... it’s in 2-3 years. RAW!

We had 4 rotation players and we lost to a PHO squad that probably didn’t have many roster guys on the floor tonight. Not good. 0-2. Lol.

If Randle and DSJ ain’t dynamite... this is another 20 win campaign.
    Pretty sure Randle is the real deal and won’t disappoint.

DSJ was very confident and encouraging when saying he had improved on his most conspicuous weakness, his shooting. I’d like to see him become at least a 75% ft shooter as well this season.

Payton in 4 years is still a crappy shooter so that’s the area DSJ can edge him out for the starting spot.

I remember you called RJ the Maple Mamba, he’s definitely got some of the Black Mamba in him with 2 dimes in 2 games and a team high 33 shots taken. Unfortunately, he can’t put the ball in the hole like Kobe did yet.
    Last edited by tiger0330; Jul 08, 2019 at 03:52.

Veteran

It would be nice if Knox did anything else well other than try to score. RJ shot terribly again, but he had 10 rebounds. A couple of our other guys are much better defenders than Knox. Looking at Knox and Iggy last night, its hard to believe one guy started in the NBA last season and the other guy is playing in his 2nd Summer League game.

RJ is 2-8 from FT line and 2-13 from behind the arc... 7-33 shooting overall.... has about 14 turnovers to 2 assists.

Meanwhile, second rounder Iggy scores 30 and looks like Dan Majerle.

Weve seen it all week in practice, Buechler said. I worked with him in LA. Hes a fighter, scrapper. Not afraid of anything, anyone. Hes going to be great.

RJ did have a nice block at end of regulation... Knox has made some passes and defensive plays and his shooting from deep appears more consistent... not a huge improvement but he does look slightly better... its just that he is very passive... no dawg in that body. Oh, and Knox still cant dribble.

Hes one of the best players Ive ever seen, so its only a matter of time before he starts being himself, getting buckets, said Brazdeikis, Barretts teammate on Team Canada. Theres literally no doubt in my mind and very soon, too.
    Last edited by mafra; Jul 08, 2019 at 10:48.

12th man

Doris Burke, htr10 and now Coach Beuchler heaping praise on the kid. Could it be that Perry has pulled off another steal and drafted a 1st rounder late in the second. I’d love for Iggy to be our version of the Cavs Dylan Windler who I’m high on.

Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by tiger0330 View Post
    Doris Burke, htr10 and now Coach Beuchler heaping praise on the kid. Could it be that Perry has pulled off another steal and drafted a 1st rounder late in the second. I’d love for Iggy to be our version of the Cavs Dylan Windler who I’m high on.
    The NBA draft is bizarre. You draft lottery picks based on projected upside and you draft late 1st and 2nd round picks based on how they actually play the game now. If your GM pays attention, which Perry seems to do, you can keep hitting on solid rotation guys in either the 2nd round or after the draft.

Problem is that you need your lottery guys (RJ, Knox, etc.) to actually hit every once in a while as well.

Iggy has it all... size, athleticism, attitude. He can score in a myriad of ways. He can pass and set up others.

Hes a steal in round too.

But lets not ignore how atrocious he was in defense last night. He didnt just go under screens, he disappeared (allowing the most wide open 3 attempts youll ever see).

Odd that Perry hits homers in the second round... but his lottery selections betray him.

I see if there for RJ and Knox... but they wont have an impact on W/L for next 2 seasons. They have at minimum a 2 year maturation process.

MRob and Iggy ready to make impact now. Although each may be more 1-dimensional than we realize.

Quote Originally Posted by mafra View Post
    If Randle and DSJ aint dynamite... this is another 20 win campaign.
    Relax. We dominated summer league a few years back and were still shyte that year. Success in summer league means nothing. I am not saying that we will have any success next year, but I wouldn't base my prediction on one preseason game. We are going to blow.
    "Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand."
    Kurt Vonnegut