2019 NBA Free Agency Thread

Broadway

All Star
If we don’t get KD and/or KL, then next season is all about DSJ-RJ-KNox-MRob.

To me, that means they need a PF... Cousins, Randle, Porter are the top three options.

Next year’s free agent class is trash, so there’s no point worry about finances...

Commit a THjr type contract to Randle or Porter, and let them the leader and muscle on the floor for those 4 kids?

Roll dice on Cousins, and hope he impacts team like STAT did that first season... be a rugged interior force like Zach Randolph?

What would be y’all’s call?

I was hoping for Kemba and Butler as realistic targets this offseason...wanted Randle last yr. I'd settle for Randle and see if I can pawn Knits off on the Hornets since they stand a chance to be terrible next yr. Want no parts of Cousins. Would consider Patrick Beverly on a 2yr deal if we're not going to bring Mudiay back(which is still a possibility)

mafra

Legend
I think Beverly and Randle would be a solid get. I think they would mesh well with our top 4 kids...

Those 2 would be even sweeter if a rehabbing KD also signs with us.

mafra

Legend
Ian Begley:

?As far as other names go: New York continues to have significant interest in Julius Randle. Execs monitoring Randle's situation on Saturday believed that the Knicks were in strong position to land Randle. For those reading the tea leaves: one team expected to have a meeting with Randle early in free agency, but that meeting is not expected to take place, per sources. It's unclear why the meeting won't take place, but it's not a huge leap to think that it's connected to the Knicks' strong interest in Randle. New York also has interest in restricted free agent Bobby Portis, sources say.?

What, you don't like the idea of signing Boogie Oogie to a 1yr $20mio deal, and Rodney Hood to a 1yr $14mio deal, and Danny Green to a 1yr $12mio deal, and Elfrid Payton to 1yr $12mio deal? ROTFLOL!

I even left a little change on the table for US

I can?t wait to get all their Knicks jerseys.

I?m reading same info this morning that I read last night.

Kyrie to sign quickly with Brooklyn and then try to convince Durant to go there.

Kawhi going to either Lakers or Clippers.

Tobias Harris is going to get non-max deals from other teams and will likely resign with Philly.

KP going to sign a 5-year 150+ million deal with Mavericks as soon as he can.

Houston and Clippers going to try to find a way to add Jimmy Butler by sign and trade.

Durant still undecided, almost as if none of his options are what he wants.

Last edited:
Clippers would need to move Gallinari?s contract to add a 2nd max star if they land Kawhi.

Gallo has 22.6 million and 1 year left on his deal (2019-20 season). If we are going to strike out in free agency, it would seem pretty logical to offer to take Gallo from the Clippers along with a pick from them to us. Help solve our need to add 60 million in contracts without deals past 2 years.

Any other teams looking to move 1 or 2 year deals to make cap space and have picks to spare should be on our radar too. Seems more sensible than doing things like overpaying Boogie.

jimkcchief88

All Star
Clippers would need to move Gallinari?s contract to add a 2nd max star if they land Kawhi.

Gallo has 22.6 million and 1 year left on his deal (2019-20 season). If we are going to strike out in free agency, it would seem pretty logical to offer to take Gallo from the Clippers along with a pick from them to us. Help solve our need to add 60 million in contracts without deals past 2 years.

Any other teams looking to move 1 or 2 year deals to make cap space and have picks to spare should be on our radar too. Seems more sensible than doing things like overpaying Boogie.

I will literally throw up if we ended up with Gallo back in Knicks uniform again. I would rather bring ?Hoodie Melo? back than The ****.

jimkcchief88

All Star
Ian Begley:

?As far as other names go: New York continues to have significant interest in Julius Randle. Execs monitoring Randle's situation on Saturday believed that the Knicks were in strong position to land Randle. For those reading the tea leaves: one team expected to have a meeting with Randle early in free agency, but that meeting is not expected to take place, per sources. It's unclear why the meeting won't take place, but it's not a huge leap to think that it's connected to the Knicks' strong interest in Randle. New York also has interest in restricted free agent Bobby Portis, sources say.?

Man talk about strike out city. Feels like ?The Decision? all over again. I know there is a vet minimum but damn. I hope they don?t overpay for mediocre players especially on a long term basis. Look at Paul Milsaps? 30 million. That?s nuts. Pick up expiring contracts(besides Gallo) and continue to build through the draft. This is what a rebuild looks like team tank. It gets worse before it gets better. We just have to hit on our lottery picks and not miss like we did with Frank:(

I was just thinking about how funny the Nets? plan to use Kyrie to lure KD to Brooklyn is if KD and Kawhi have also been talking.

Kawhi saying to KD, ?let?s go play with the Clippers?.

KD saying to Kawhi, ?maybe go to MSG??.

Kyrie saying, ? who?s coming to Brooklyn? You can stand in-between the Italians and Russian while they yell at each other!?

Ricky Rubio to Indiana Pacers is reportedly a ?done deal?.

Al Horford very secretive with which teams he is meeting. Reports are that his destination will be revealed on Monday or Tuesday.

Kyrie Irving reportedly recruiting veterans to Brooklyn. One name that has leaked is his old Cleveland teammate and former Knick, Iman Shumpert.

Some are viewing the fact that players like KD and Kawhi are willing to meet with the Knicks as a positive reflection of Scott Perry. Durant refused to meet with the Knicks in 2016.

Rumored that Kings may be preparing a deal somewhere in the ballpark of 4 years 100 million dollars for 33-year-old Al Horford.

tiger0330

Legend
I was just thinking about how funny the Nets’ plan to use Kyrie to lure KD to Brooklyn is if KD and Kawhi have also been talking.

Kawhi saying to KD, “let’s go play with the Clippers”.

KD saying to Kawhi, “maybe go to MSG?”.

Kyrie saying, “ who’s coming to Brooklyn? You can stand in-between the Italians and Russian while they yell at each other!”

Haha. Pretty funny. You know what won't be funny is if Kyrie manages to get KD to come and leaves the Knicks holding the bag. I said Fiz ought to keep his mouth shut about what an amazing off-season the Knicks were going to have in recruiting talent because of what he, Mills and Perry had done in changing the perception of them around the league. I hope Fizdale doesn't have to eat his words.

[/b]
Haha. Pretty funny. You know what won't be funny is if Kyrie manages to get KD to come and leaves the Knicks holding the bag. I said Fiz ought to keep his mouth shut about what an amazing off-season the Knicks were going to have in recruiting talent because of what he, Mills and Perry had done in changing the perception of them around the league. I hope Fizdale doesn't have to eat his words.

If I had to choose right now between spending 300 million over the next 4 years on toxic Kyrie and torn Achilles Durant, I would choose no. If Brooklyn ends up with both of them, good luck.

Knicks are 2 years too early to be a player in free agency. Sales pitch will be a lot better in 2 years if RJ and MRob develop like I think they can, plus 3 more 1st round picks in the meantime.

Despite their reported large intended offer, reports are that Horford will likely go somewhere other than Sacramento.

Nets reportedly planning on meeting with Tobias Harris, DeAndre Jordan, and Justin Holliday. Nets might be starting to see that Kyrie doesn?t have the pull to land them Durant if Kawhi and/or other stars like Stephon Curry are recruiting Durant to go elsewhere.

Broadway

All Star
Despite their reported large intended offer, reports are that Horford will likely go somewhere other than Sacramento.

Nets reportedly planning on meeting with Tobias Harris, DeAndre Jordan, and Justin Holliday. Nets might be starting to see that Kyrie doesn’t have the pull to land them Durant if Kawhi and/or other stars like Stephon Curry are recruiting Durant to go elsewhere.

Rumor before Kings was Pelicans might be the mystery team for Horford to land

Reported that Jimmy Butler will tell Miami tonight that he wants to play for the Heat. Miami will then have to figure out a sign and trade with Philly.

Khris Middleton expected to resign with Milwaukee for a huge 5-year deal.

Knicks reportedly have interest in bringing back Robin Lopez to backup MRob. Could be a guy we overpay for 1 or 2 years to use up that 60 million to reach the minimum.