2019 NBA Free Agency Thread

rady

Administrator
Staff member
and now this
u54vyr7khj731.jpg

Broadway

All Star
KD going to Brooklyn with Kyrie and DeAndre Jordan is like a sad parody of Lebron’s Decision joining Wade and Bosh in Miami.

If this is the case, I bet we are the better team in 2 years if we stay the course.

I doubt it unless we can lock up a shooter and a forward that can play at near All-Star levels.

Brooklyn was already and offensively fluid team, they improved here over the next 3-4yrs and all they need is to find gritty players of which a couple they already have

I don't want to be better than Brooklyn(we have NO REAL RIVALRY with them), I want to be better than everybody!

mafra

Legend
Wow... no S&T too. Yeah, that?s too much money for me. Phew!

Sucks nobody wants us but hopefully we don?t do anything foolish.

Go lock up Randle, at least.

mafra

Legend
I doubt it unless we can lock up a shooter and a forward that can play at near All-Star levels.

Brooklyn was already and offensively fluid team, they improved here over the next 3-4yrs and all they need is to find gritty players of which a couple they already have

I don't want to be better than Brooklyn(we have NO REAL RIVALRY with them), I want to be better than everybody!

Everything they built just got demolished. Kyrie will undermine the coach... Just like what happened with Brad... KD will return next year and that?s their window.

Lavert, Harris and Allen isn?t exactly Magic, Worthy and Kareem.

Good for them for being more attractive.... but these non-NYers will soon discover most of the tri-state area could care less about Nets, and winning with Nets not as monumental...

And now KD looks like a dude who can be recruited, even tho he tweeted otherwise, and he followed Kyrie to join a playoff team without him.

I just want everyone to take a minute and realize that if Kawhi goes to the Lakers, I will have gone 5 for 5 in predicting the destinations of the 5 K free agents (Kevin, Kemba, Kyrie, Klay, Kawhi) in my original post from noon yesterday in this thread.

I want a free hat or something.

mafra

Legend
Adrian Wojnarowski
@wojespn
?
2m
Sources: Durant will sign a 4-year, $164M deal with the Nets; Irving will sign 4-years, $141M.

Earlier in this thread I said committing 300+ million over 4 years to toxic Kyrie and torn Achilles Durant was something that I didn?t want the Knicks to do. Nets saved us from this. For once, we get to watch the circus instead of starring in it.

tiger0330

Legend
I just want everyone to take a minute and realize that if Kawhi goes to the Lakers, I will have gone 5 for 5 in predicting the destinations of the 5 K free agents (Kevin, Kemba, Kyrie, Klay, Kawhi) in my original post from noon yesterday in this thread.

I want a free hat or something.
I've got a Jeremy Lin jersey I can give you. Lol

mafra

Legend
It's official. Woj reporting the Nets will sign KI KD and DJ.

I said fire Mills and Perry on the spot if this happens and it looks like it has.

View attachment 832

Dolan has to, or the city will force him to sell the team.

To show you how funny this will be, there will be more negative press bashing NY for this failure then their will be positive chatter about Nets pulling this off...

That?s bc this is NYK territory.

Kyrie and KD both left their talented teams...
A true upset... and they both come to NY... but it?s with Nets not Knicks?

Either Dolan fires Mills, Perry and Fiz on the spot or this city will trash him until he?s forced to sell.

mafra

Legend
?Look, New York is the mecca of basketball. We hear from people all the time, from players and representatives about who wants to come,? Dolan said on ?The Michael Kay Show? on ESPN radio Tuesday afternoon. ?We can?t respond because of the NBA rules, etc. But that doesn?t stop them from telling us, and they do. I can tell you, from what we?ve heard, I think we?re gonna have a very successful offseason when it comes to free agents.

The Nets have the league?s worst attendance but apparently the KD/Kyrie duo want a chance to build the Brooklyn brand.

tiger0330

Legend
Adrian Wojnarowski
@wojespn
?
2m
Sources: Durant will sign a 4-year, $164M deal with the Nets; Irving will sign 4-years, $141M.
Those 2 dudes threw a real curve ball when KI got caught in the AS game by some lip reader saying "NY has 2 max slots, it's time Kevin." Little did we know KI was talking about Brooklyn NY.

mafra

Legend
The good news is... Knicks have a chance to be better than Brooklyn next season. Let?s root for that!

mafra

Legend
Those 2 dudes threw a real curve ball when they got in the AS game by some lip reader caught KI saying NY has 2 max slots, it's time Kevin. Little did we know KI was talking about Brooklyn NY.

Probably grew up listening to Biggie, and thinks of Brooklyn romantically. It won?t matter if they take Nets to back to back Finals. Few care about Brooklyn. The region won?t embrace them... It?ll be like those fans in MIA.