2019 NBA Free Agency Thread

The Knicks are reportedly re-working the original two-year, $21 million offer they extended to Reggie Bullock.

According to sources of Adrian Wojnarowski, both sides are motivated to come to terms on a new agreement, but they're "re-evaluating Bullock?s fitness to play a full season in 2019-20." Bullock did deal with some foot and neck issues towards the end of the 2018-19 season, but it's unclear if that's what they're referring to by "fitness." Stay tuned.

Bullock?s agent is saying that there is emerging information about Bullock and that the Knicks have treated them very well in context of this information. I get the impression Bullock is going to need surgery and will miss the start of the 2019-20 season and that they are reducing the value of his deal accordingly.

Kawhi?s deal with the Clippers has turned out to be 3 years with the 3rd year a player option. He will likely be a free agent again in 2021.

tiger0330

Legend
Kawhi’s deal with the Clippers has turned out to be 3 years with the 3rd year a player option. He will likely be a free agent again in 2021.
LInes up with the end of PG contract. Did he sign that 3 year deal so they both could sign with their next team together? Both from S. Cal, about the same age and probably played a lot together growing up, did anyone know they were such bro's.

Kiyaman

Legend
I would say the Knicks should sign a walking PG Shaun Livingston, but Livingston skills & talents are the same as Frank's skills & talents.

The deals for both Irving and Durant are 3 years plus a 4th year player option. Nets could get only 2 seasons of Irving and Durant, if things break wrong.

Well, if it makes anyone feel better, Dallas reportedly is finding it almost impossible to unload Courtney Lee?s salary, even when they are offering a 2nd round pick as incentive. His deal is really hurting their cap space as they try to build a team that could crack that brutal top 8 in the West.

Marcus Morris is reportedly going to sign a 1 year 15 million dollar deal with us once we open up the cap space by reworking Bullock?s deal. Morris is kind of screwing Spurs by backing out of his deal with them.

As I said previously, this is a good get for us. He will be our best defensive forward and can be a strong contributor on offense as well. Plus, he?s playing for a potential big payday and longer deal in the next offseason, so he is going to be going all out.

jimkcchief88

All Star
Looks like Russ is going to the ROX to be reunited with Harden. Glad I didn?t get rid of my ROX jersey. And who did we get? One of the Morris twins??? As a Mizzou hoops fan I have a big ?whoopdeedoo? for that boss move:(

Looks like Russ is going to the ROX to be reunited with Harden. Glad I didn?t get rid of my ROX jersey. And who did we get? One of the Morris twins??? As a Mizzou hoops fan I have a big ?whoopdeedoo? for that boss move:(

Umm, I don?t think Westbrook and Harden is going to make Rockets fans happy that they just compromised 4 1st round picks over the next 7 years. I guess shedding that Paul contract was worth it though.

OKC now has enough picks and pick swaps to build 2 teams after these last 2 trades.

mafra

Legend
Before teaming up with Kyrie Irving in Brooklyn, Kevin Durant made sure to bring along another asset to the Nets.

Durant?s acquisition came via sign-and-trade with the Warriors, who received D?Angelo Russell in the deal. Before the deal went through, however, Durant made sure the Nets also retrieved a first-round pick from Golden State, according to ESPN?s Brian Windhorst.

?First, Durant initially balked at being traded for Russell straight up, multiple sources said,? Windhorst reported Thursday. ?He didn?t think it was a fair deal, and in this case, the Warriors had to not just satisfy the Nets, but also Durant.

?? ADVERTISEMENT ??

?Leverage was applied by the player, and Golden State had to include a first-round pick before Durant would agree to sign off. The Warriors begrudgingly gave it up and did so with a heavy condition: If the pick falls within the top 20 next year, they don?t have to send it, and instead will only give Brooklyn a second-round pick? in six years.?

A sign-and-trade involving the two All-Stars worked in Golden State?s favor, allowing it to hedge Durant?s departure with one of the league?s best young guards. On the other hand, the Nets had created enough cap space to sign Durant outright, and there was no tangible advantage for Durant to take part in the sign-and-trade and help the Warriors. Neither did it necessarily help Russell, who would have had plenty of potential suitors if the Nets had made him an unrestricted free agent.

As a result, Durant and the Nets owned the high ground and were able to leverage the Warriors into parting with their first round pick. In addition to the pick, the Nets forced the Warriors to take Shabazz Napier and Treveon Graham, giving them the extra cap space used to sign DeAndre Jordan, Durant?s good friend and key piece in luring him to Brooklyn.

jimkcchief88

All Star
Umm, I don?t think Westbrook and Harden is going to make Rockets fans happy that they just compromised 4 1st round picks over the next 7 years. I guess shedding that Paul contract was worth it though.

OKC now has enough picks and pick swaps to build 2 teams after these last 2 trades.

Cmon bro it?s called win now; production over potential; it?s a totally different mindset then we Knicks fans have developed over the last few years. All the losing develops a ?loser mentality? so you care more about lottery picks then championships. We got it backwards. With KD gone the West/NBA is wide open. The ROX just pushed their chips to the center of the table and got rid of CP3 who is more Ron Paul than Chris Paul at this point of his career. Hopefully ?Damphony? doesn?t mess this one up. Even tho the ROX have been my backup for several years now because I love ?ISO-Harden? and the Knicks suck I?m jealous their front office pulled off what our front office couldn?t:(

Cmon bro it?s called win now; production over potential; it?s a totally different mindset then we Knicks fans have developed over the last few years. All the losing develops a ?loser mentality? so you care more about lottery picks then championships. We got it backwards. With KD gone the West/NBA is wide open. The ROX just pushed their chips to the center of the table and got rid of CP3 who is more Ron Paul than Chris Paul at this point of his career. Hopefully ?Damphony? doesn?t mess this one up. Even tho the ROX have been my backup for several years now because I love ?ISO-Harden? and the Knicks suck I?m jealous their front office pulled off what our front office couldn?t:(

I guess my answer is ?wait and see?. I?m pretty sure this won?t work out well for the Rockets.

We are literally following the exact formula the Nets used the last 2 seasons to position themselves for success in free agency and everyone is still pissed off.

tiger0330

Legend
Umm, I don’t think Westbrook and Harden is going to make Rockets fans happy that they just compromised 4 1st round picks over the next 7 years. I guess shedding that Paul contract was worth it though.

Most Rockets fans were not Westbrook fans so they wouldn't be happy if it were an even exchange of the 2 players. Morey must be desperate watching the NBA world pass him by this off-season making no significant signings this off-season. I posted earlier that I questioned how a CP3 Harden and Russ trio would work but you have to question if a Russ Harden duo makes them more than a 1st round playoff team in the WC.

Sam Presti, a front office guy who people may have forgotten is one of the best, has now given OKC eight additional 1st round picks and 4 1st round pick swaps over the next 7 years. He also managed to get SGA, a good young player on his rookie deal.

tiger0330

Legend
Cmon bro it’s called win now; production over potential; it’s a totally different mindset then we Knicks fans have developed over the last few years. All the losing develops a “loser mentality” so you care more about lottery picks then championships. We got it backwards. With KD gone the West/NBA is wide open. The ROX just pushed their chips to the center of the table and got rid of CP3 who is more Ron Paul than Chris Paul at this point of his career. Hopefully “Damphony” doesn’t mess this one up. Even tho the ROX have been my backup for several years now because I love “ISO-Harden” and the Knicks suck I’m jealous their front office pulled off what our front office couldn’t:(

I guess my answer is “wait and see”. I’m pretty sure this won’t work out well for the Rockets.

We are literally following the exact formula the Nets used the last 2 seasons to position themselves for success in free agency and everyone is still pissed off.
ESPN will grade the OKC HOU trade. My bet is OKC gets high marks for this trade, the Rox get a C at best.

mafra

Legend
This was a move both teams had to make.... HOU could?ve brought same team back and see if they can go all the way now that KD is gone... but I guess reports of a rift were legitimate.

OKC needed this after trading PG... Adams is next (BOS?).

I bet they stretch Paul, freeing CP to join LeBron in LA.

I?m cool with NYK direction.

What can Knox-RJ-MItch be in 2022? After 3 years playing together, entering their age 23 seasons?

We have vets to help them and lottery tickets in Randle, DSJ, and Portis....

We have picks and cap space.

There are a plethora of 2 stud teams... let them battle for title next 2 seasons and we?ll build... come 2021-2022 season... we ready to roll.

tiger0330

Legend
This was a move both teams had to make.... HOU could’ve brought same team back and see if they can go all the way now that KD is gone... but I guess reports of a rift were legitimate.

OKC needed this after trading PG... Adams is next (BOS?).

I bet they stretch Paul, freeing CP to join LeBron in LA.

I’m cool with NYK direction.

What can Knox-RJ-MItch be in 2022? After 3 years playing together, entering their age 23 seasons?

We have vets to help them and lottery tickets in Randle, DSJ, and Portis....

We have picks and cap space.

There are a plethora of 2 stud teams... let them battle for title next 2 seasons and we’ll build... come 2021-2022 season... we ready to roll.
CP3 can't be happy being traded to a rebuilding OKC team looking for a ring at 34. OKC might be able to deal him with all draft assets they have collected, I doubt they stretch him with that much money left on his deal.

jimkcchief88

All Star
Sam Presti, a front office guy who people may have forgotten is one of the best, has now given OKC eight additional 1st round picks and 4 1st round pick swaps over the next 7 years. He also managed to get SGA, a good young player on his rookie deal.

With no championships so far to show for it and now entering a rebuild...sound vaguely familiar don?t it???