Page 16 of 23 FirstFirst ... 10111213141516171819202122 ... LastLast
    12th man

I've been over KD the day he tore his Achilles but what happened to Kawhi? Mills and Perry shot the wad before he even made his decision while the Lakers and Clips are keeping their powder dry until he does, just another lie from this front office that we were going to get a meeting based on Mills relationship with KL uncle. Little chance we could get him but the Knicks couldn't at least wait a week, make their pitch and then sign the guys we signed. Most of those guys other than Randle would have been available second week in July imo. Maybe when Mills was in LA to sign guys he tried to get on Kawhi's calendar and Kawhi's camp told him don't bother you're wasting both our times, that would be an epic fail as well.

From the day that Craig Robinson said the Knicks had the recipe for the secret sauce to develop their young players and said it was a secret when asked what it was, was the day Knicks fans should have know this front office was full of crap. Perry might be the only straight arrow in the bunch.

Noah Vonleh signs with Minny.

Willie Caulie Stein with GSW.

The Lakers believe they are firmly in the lead in the Kawhi Leonard sweepstakes, according to sources of Marc Stein of the New York Times.

Also, Andre Iggy and Danny Green to follow KL.

Wow. Nobody winning next 2-3 years... if this is true, thank g-d we didn’t sign the 2 max buffoons ... GL Brooklyn.

12th man

Quote Originally Posted by mafra View Post
    The Lakers believe they are firmly in the lead in the Kawhi Leonard sweepstakes, according to sources of Marc Stein of the New York Times.

Also, Andre Iggy and Danny Green to follow KL.

Wow. Nobody winning next 2-3 years... if this is true, thank g-d we didn’t sign the 2 max buffoons ... GL Brooklyn.
    I said I was envious of the Lakers turning over their roster when they got AD. Get KL and it just makes me salty what the Lakers could do in a few years and leave the Knicks holding the bag again. Man I hope the Lakers come up short in getting KL but none of these top guys seem to care about getting the better contract with their present teams.

12th man

Quote Originally Posted by mafra View Post
    Noah Vonleh signs with Minny.

Willie Caulie Stein with GSW.
    Again makes me wonder about Perry with the TWolves playing musical chairs with Taj and NV. Vonleh signed a one year deal for all or part of the MLE or the bi-annual. Why couldn't we keep him

He can hit the 3, Taj can't.

Vonleh 25 Taj 34.

Both short term deals, Taj 20M Vonleh less than 10M.

Makes me wonder about Perry.

Veteran

Our guys who are now former found homes. I think all of them did

Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by tiger0330 View Post
    Again makes me wonder about Perry with the TWolves playing musical chairs with Taj and NV. Vonleh signed a one year deal for all or part of the MLE or the bi-annual. Why couldn't we keep him

He can hit the 3, Taj can't.

Vonleh 25 Taj 34.

Both short term deals, Taj 20M Vonleh less than 10M.

Makes me wonder about Perry.
    I like Taj. He is one of the last true Thibodeau guys hanging around the league. We overpaid him to come in and teach some of the young guys how to do things.

Something about wanting 2 year deals with a team option on the 2nd year that makes me think strongly affected which guys we signed.

Personally, I’m just glad we found someone other than Lance Thomas to be a veteran presence.

Veteran

Jared Dudley going to the Lakers is perfect. He has been Brooklyn’s number one big talker all this year and now he abandons ship to go to the Lakers because he wants to “compete for a championship”.

But Jared, your boys in Brooklyn, they did everything the “right way”. Aren’t they a championship caliber team now?

Or, they’re not? Huh.

12th man

Quote Originally Posted by Broadway View Post
    Our guys who are now former found homes. I think all of them did

Fizdale with his "We're going to get you right", got Mudiay a one year, I assume vet minimum deal smh. Better than going to China but not much better.

I haven't heard much from our coach lately esp about FA, I guess we might see him as a guest announcer in SL.

Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by htr10 View Post
    Jared Dudley going to the Lakers is perfect. He has been Brooklyn’s number one big talker all this year and now he abandons ship to go to the Lakers because he wants to “compete for a championship”.

But Jared, your boys in Brooklyn, they did everything the “right way”. Aren’t they a championship caliber team now?

Or, they’re not? Huh.
    Wherever he lays his hat is his home, that's who he's been. He's a career journeyman

Nothing he says carries weight. Richard Jefferson supposedly wants to come back out of retirement now(not sure how serious)

Veteran

Wilson Chandler to Brooklyn for a deal of about 2.5 million. Chandler is an asset off the bench. He has pieced together a great career. They might need quite a bit from him with Durant out.

Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Broadway View Post
    Wherever he lays his hat is his home, that's who he's been. He's a career journeyman

Nothing he says carries weight. Richard Jefferson supposedly wants to come back out of retirement now(not sure how serious)
    True, but Dudley was a big part of the character of that Nets team this last season. D’Angelo Russell and DeMarre Carroll are gone. At least they still have Spencer Dinwiddie to keep stirring things up on Twitter.

12th man

Quote Originally Posted by htr10 View Post
    True, but Dudley was a big part of the character of that Nets team this last season. D’Angelo Russell and DeMarre Carroll are gone. At least they still have Spencer Dinwiddie to keep stirring things up on Twitter.
    With Durant out the whole year, they took one step back in the hope that they get to the next level when he returns. Not sure what the Lakers paid JD but if he took the minimum he would have been a nice piece to have as that vet presence. He was the biggest guy on the floor in some of those games when Kenny went small and actually won some games with that lineup. I mean I like Taj and while he never used athleticism and won't lose it at 34, getting a guy like Dudley would have added shooting and vet savvy.

Veteran

With Durant out the whole year, they took one step back in the hope that they get to the next level when he returns. Not sure what the Lakers paid JD but if he took the minimum he would have been a nice piece to have as that vet presence. He was the biggest guy on the floor in some of those games when Kenny went small and actually won some games with that lineup. I mean I like Taj and while he never used athleticism and won't lose it at 34, getting a guy like Dudley would have added shooting and vet savvy.
    Nets are going to be playing next season without 5 of the 9 guys who played the most minutes for them this last season.

Veteran

Dudley signed for the minimum. Most signings here on out will be for this amount. Jeff Green did likewise with Utah as did WCS and Robinson for GSW